Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I am having an issue with Xbox Game Bar where sometimes when I press the windows key + G to open it up, it doesn't open and just opens up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kevc2, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Kevc2 Win User

Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page

So I am having an issue with Xbox Game Bar where sometimes when I press the windows key + G to open it up, it doesn't open and just opens up the settings page for Xbox game bar. Once there I have to keep pressing windows key + G to open the game bar. Sometimes it opens on the second press and sometimes it takes multiple more presses of the key combo to open. It seems to happen randomly because sometimes it works as it should and opens the game bar right away.

:)

Kevc2, Mar 20, 2021

2. Pressing the letter G open Game bar

Hi,

As per the information, it seems that you might have pressed on Windows key + G to open Game bar. I suggest that you use the follow the steps below and check if it helps

To Turn Off Game Bar in Xbox app

1. Open the Xbox app.

2. Click/tap on the Settings icon on the left, click/tap on
    Game DVR at the top, and turn off the
    Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR setting at the top.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 20, 2021
  3. Still getting the "press win + g to open game bar" after uninstalling the XBox app

For me this all started while looking for some screen video recording software within Windows 10. Google searches suggested that I start the XBOX app. I did and as part of the instructions used Windows key + G key sequence. I'm not a gamer and the XBOX app
    didn't seem to give me the solution I wanted so I stopped the XBOX app and assumed that would be the end of things.

Since then I've been receiving the "press win + g to open game bar" message pop up at random times. To get rid of it I hovered the cursor over the pop-up window and it gave the opportunity to "Click here to not show this message"

Hope that helps.

SamaParkPapa, Mar 20, 2021
  4. Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page

Cannot open Xbox Game Bar

Hi,

A corrupted data may cause your Gamebar is not to work properly.
    Here are steps on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10:

1. If nothing happens when you press the Windows logo key + G, check your Game bar settings. Open the Xbox app,
    and select Settings > Game DVR and make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game bar is On.

2. If Game bar doesn’t appear for a full-screen game, try keyboard shortcuts: Press the Windows logo key + Alt + R to start
    recording a clip, then press it again to stop. You’ll see the screen flash when the recording starts and ends.

3. If the Windows logo key isn’t working during a game, the game may be blocking it. To create your own keyboard shortcuts for Game bar, choose the Xbox app, then select Settings > Game
    DVR
    > Keyboard shortcuts and set your own.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check for new Windows Updates and install the critical and important updates on your computer by following the steps on this

link

If your customized shortcuts are not working, you may also check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Don't forget to let us know how it turns out.

Jomari Arc, Mar 20, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page

1. Xbox Game Bar: Pressing Windows Key + G Opens Settings Page - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Game bar Do not open W+G Or the button Xbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar Do not open W+G Or the button Xbox: The game bar was working perfectly until I activated Windows. Somehow, after activating it and restarting the PC, it simply stopped opening. How can I resolve this?. Note: I saw it in several places before asking, and no, through settings>gaming it doesn't work, simply...
  3. Game bar Do not open W+G Or the button Xbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar Do not open W+G Or the button Xbox: The game bar was working perfectly until I activated Windows. Somehow, after activating it and restarting the PC, it simply stopped opening. How can I resolve this?. Note: I saw it in several places before asking, and no, through settings>gaming it doesn't work, simply...
  4. Game bar Do not open W+G Or the button Xbox

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. how can i open the xbox game bar to take screen shots? I used to press Windows logo key + G...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i open the xbox game bar to take screen shots? I used to press Windows logo key + G...: I remember I used to press "Windows logo key + G" to open a Xbox game bar and then i could take a screenshot or start recording my screen. Now days, when I press those keys, it doesn't show me the bar and I cant take any screenshot like I used to do it. Please help anyone!!I...
  6. how can i open the xbox game bar to take screen shots? I used to press Windows logo key + G...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i open the xbox game bar to take screen shots? I used to press Windows logo key + G...: I remember I used to press "Windows logo key + G" to open a Xbox game bar and then i could take a screenshot or start recording my screen. Now days, when I press those keys, it doesn't show me the bar and I cant take any screenshot like I used to do it. Please help anyone!!I...
  7. Xbox Game Bar not opening

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Bar not opening: Hi, I have installed windows 10 version 1909 two months ago. After one month, I updated Xbox Game Bar to version 5.721.9022.0. But after updating it won't start after pressing Win+G. So I have to open task manager and end task of Game Bar in background processes. But after...
  8. Xbox Game Bar not opening with Win+G

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar not opening with Win+G: After installing Xbox Game Bar from the Mircrosoft Store I realised it does not open with the usual Win+G shortcut but it does open if I launch it manually....
  9. Xbox Game Bar not Opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Game Bar not Opening: Hi, Whenever I try launch Xbox Game Bar, it doesn't do anything. If I search game bar in the search bar, I can click on the app repeatedly and nothing happens. When I enable it in Game DVR it turns itself off again. When I change the registry values "GameDVR_Enabled" and...
  10. Whenever I press Windows Keys+ G, my game bar doesnt open. I tried pressing it multiple...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whenever I press Windows Keys+ G, my game bar doesnt open. I tried pressing it multiple...: Game bar not opening. Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-press-windows-keys-g-my-game-bar-doesnt/22c5caf4-5067-444d-bb2f-6b6e72f5eebd