Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Sometimes I can record for an hour, sometimes ony 6 minutes. I've emptied the HDD - there are over 300GB available. Tried doing to external HDD - same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Janine Bolton1, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...

Sometimes I can record for an hour, sometimes ony 6 minutes. I've emptied the HDD - there are over 300GB available. Tried doing to external HDD - same issue. No other processes running at same time. It will record. Then next time after deleting that recording so it's not junking up the HDD it won't. Then randomly a couple days later it will work fine...for a few times. Then stop again.

:)

Janine Bolton1, Mar 21, 2023

2. Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Hi LuizScruz,

Thanks for your reply.

As I already mentioned in point 3 I checked the privacy settings of the microphone settings in windows. This can't be the issue anyway because Game Bar does pick up my microphone sometimes, as I mentioned in my original message.

I checked, my windows 10 is up to date. I will add this to the list in my original message.

My Microsoft Store apps are up to date too. I will add this to the list in my original message.

Also the suggestion to press Windows + i and check Games to enable the microphone by default is not relevant, since I mentioned in my message that the microphone is already enabled and does work sometimes. If I didn't have these settings enabled it wouldn't record at all.

So in summary, my system is up to date, and the other suggestions are not relevant because Game Bar is able to pick up my voice (but only when I switch it off and on again in the Game Bar menu, which is the issue).

Any other suggestions?

Loekatthis, Mar 21, 2023
  3. orion_895 Win User
    Xbox Game Bar stops V-Sync when recording in borderless, and stops recording randomly when not.

I play Geometry Dash on Steam, and I usually record it using Xbox Game Bar. Very frequently, it stops recording and turns to a black screen, where I have to do Ctrl+Alt+Del to get out of the black screen. When I get out, Game Bar tells me I can't record without setting my game to fullscreen borderless. When I set it to fullscreen borderless, it locks V-Sync to off and locks the fps to 60, which is irritating because that makes my 75Hz monitor tear, which makes the game unplayable. Is there any way to not make Game Bar need borderless to record or let V-Sync stay on with borderless?

Thanks in advance,

orion

orion_895, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...

Game Bar randomly stops recording my microphone

Hello,

I am using the Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10 to record clips of my games, where I always have Microphone recording turned on.

However, Game Bar sometimes doesn't record my own microphone, when the mute button shows that it is unmuted and the Audio > Voice window in Game Bar shows that it is picking up my voice. The only way that I can get Game Bar to start recording my voice again is by muting and then unmuting it, either with the shortcut windows + alt + M or by clicking the microphone mute button in the Game Bar menu.

The weirdest part is that after startup the issue is always present, even though it starts unmuted according to the Game Bar menu. The same holds for when I start a video game. So if I don't remember to toggle the mute button twice it never records my voice.

Things I tried so far, to no avail:

1. I checked the troubleshoot page on Microsoft's website:

Fix problems with Xbox Game Bar on Windows - Microsoft Support

Xbox Support
    2. I updated my microphone drivers.
    3. I checked the privacy settings of the microphone settings in windows.
    4. I checked that there is no other screen recording software in my list of programs that could mess with Game Bar.
    5. I tried a different microphone and a headset, but the issue persists for both.
    6. I disabled Game Bar, restarted my pc, then enabled Game Bar.
    7. I checked for Windows updates and made sure my Windows 10 is up to date.
    8. I checked for Microsoft Store Apps updates and made sure they are up to date.
    I’m out of ideas for solutions, has anyone had the same issue as me and found a feasible solution?

Always turning the mute button on and off is not a good solution because I will forget it.

- Loek

Loekatthis, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...

1. Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes... - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar record on Lenovo Yoga randomly stops during record....sometimes...: Sometimes I can record for an hour, sometimes ony 6 minutes. I've emptied the HDD - there are over 300GB available. Tried doing to external HDD - same issue. No other processes running at same time. It will record. Then next time after deleting that recording so it's not...
  3. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  4. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  5. Xbox Game Bar not recording

Xbox Game Bar not recording: ever since i upgraded to windows 11, i cannot use xbox game bar to record my games. i can still open it normally though. however when i open it, i can't press any of the buttons to record. i already tried resetting and repairng game bar, but nothing worked.when i try to press...
  6. Xbox game bar not recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording: HelloWhen I try and record a game using the Xbox Game Bar, it say's 'sorry we cannot record right now, please try again later' but it never works. How would I fix this?...
  7. xbox game bar stopped recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    xbox game bar stopped recording: so i was recording a very important thing and accidentally my laptop went to sleep the total time just before it went to sleep was 1hr 30 min just right after it went to sleep, I turned on my laptop again from sleep but the recording bar had vanished the recording...
  8. xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording: my xbox game bar recording is not enabling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording/ba8dd4c9-c1a0-48db-ae45-fd8770574b09
  9. Recording Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Xbox Game Bar: [IMG]A month ago i was recording videos and when i preview the videos i get the video smaller with a large black area on the video. The videos used to be full sized and now aren't has the settings changed or is it the way i record for game only...
  10. XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS: Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution 1920x1080. Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved with a weird resolution....