Windows 10: Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture

Discus and support Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I recently updated to Windows 10 2004 and when taking a picture ready for a May 2020 update question on Xbox Game Bar, the screen is black.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OwenRoughton, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture

Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture ea28ea49-aa1d-456c-9cc4-e29126fee05c?upload=true.png

I recently updated to Windows 10 2004 and when taking a picture ready for a May 2020 update question on Xbox Game Bar, the screen is black. This means that there are some limitations in Game Bar then Bandicam my screen recorder has.

:)

OwenRoughton, Jun 2, 2020

2. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Xbox Game bar after uninstalling UWP and disabling UAC

The Game DVR feature and specifically the in-game Game Bar that appears in compatible applications, is controlled by the Xbox Universal Windows Platform application, which is one of the default provisioned UWP applications.

Yes

In order to disable the Game DVR you have to disable it within the Xbox application.

Source: How to Disable Windows 10’s Game DVR (and Game Bar)

Once you disable the Game DVR functionality it will stay disabled.

In order to turn UAC competely, open regedit, and navigate to following location.

You are going to have to modify the value of EnableLUA to 0. Setting the UAC setting to it's lowest setting, within the Control Panel on Windows 10, does not actually disable UAC.

Ramhound, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the recordings using the Game Bar shows black screen. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• Were you able to install the drivers?
    • Were you able to use the recording feature earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have updated the graphics driver, I would suggest you to try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + X key, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on AMD driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to check whether the Xbox Game Monitoring service is running or not. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture

1. Xbox game bar screen background is black when taking a picture - Similar Threads - Xbox game bar

2. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  3. Xbox game bar black recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar black recording: When I do alt+windows+G, it records a black screen everytime but we hear the sound in game, which is weird.Is there a way to arrange that?Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-black-recording/8fabfa84-496f-46d3-9679-10d387da6b29
  4. Black bar on top of screen when starting games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black bar on top of screen when starting games: Every time i start a game no matter what game is, it shows this huge black bar on top of the screen. I have all the drivers up to date and today is the first time i've seen this happen. It goes away after some time 10-15 secThe game is on my native resolution of 1366x768 and...
  5. Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar notifications - "starting background recording": So ive ran into this problem with game bar, were i get constantly spammed by these game bar notifications stating things like "Starting background recording" and "microphone recording is on" every single damn time i change focus to another program or window. If im focused in...
  6. My Xbox game bar clip has a black background

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Xbox game bar clip has a black background: When I finished recording my Xbox game bar vid and is rewatching it, I saw that the pc screen is minimized and put at the top left corner instead of the entire pc recording screen. there was a black background that distract most of the recording. So most of the videos is...
  7. Xbox Game Bar taking up 70GB?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar taking up 70GB?: Hi! I have an internal SSD with 256GB that I use for the OS and all my apps, and a 4TB HDD for everything else. However, just today I saw an alert that the SSD was full so I looked in setting and sure enough:[ATTACH] I don't have any video captures or anything, it just...
  8. Xbox Game bar taking up 18Gb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game bar taking up 18Gb: I just turned my laptop on from sleep to get a low storage error, I miraculously has a few 100 mbs free on C Drive. Checked the installed apps, Xbox Game Bar was taking up around 17gb of space. I reset and repaired it, it ended up taking 18Gb leaving me with 0 mb free on C...
  9. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....
  10. Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game bar records gameplay as a black screen.: The problem started after the 1803 update. Now if I record any full screen game, it records the whole video as a black video. But it doesn't happen with the windowed mode....