Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set...

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'll be recording my screen on windows 10 for a while and then suddenly the recording stops, for no reason. I have the max set length at 4 hours and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sonario648, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set...

I'll be recording my screen on windows 10 for a while and then suddenly the recording stops, for no reason. I have the max set length at 4 hours and sometimes it won't even last a half hour. This isn't a consistent thing either, as sometimes it actually records for longer, sometimes it'll stop earlier. it's really annoying because there is no pattern with this. I record in full-screen mode by the way.

submitted by /u/Sonario648
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sonario648, Sep 9, 2020
  2. Ryan_3313 Win User

Incomplete Game Bar Recordings

When I attempt to capture a video with the game bar, the recording is usually incomplete. For instance, a 3 minute recording will save only the first 1-20 seconds.

The game dvr setting maximum recording time is set at one hour. At first, I thought that the notification was mucking it up, but even with the notifications for xbox off, the recordings do not save properly.

Ryan_3313, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar only records 15 second game clips

When I record a game clip using xbox game bar, it only records 15 seconds and not 30 despite having it set to record 30 seconds, this happens when I use the Windows key + Alt + G shortcut, or when I manually open game bar and hit record game clip. Anyone
    got any idea how to fix it?

PandaCheese13, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set...

Xbox Game Bar stops recording in between while switching apps.

Whenever I start recording a game with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10, and I switch between apps, like Alt+Tab to my browser, the game bar stops recording in between. I want it to keep recording even when I'm switching between apps. Any way to enable this?
    I couldn't find anything in settings.

DivyanshChawla, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set...

1. Xbox Game Bar stops recording unexpected;y despite having the maximum recording time set... - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  3. Xbox Game Bar Recording

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar Recording: So the windows key on my keyboard just stopped working. Reasons unknown, is there any way to change the game bar recording shortcut to not be Win+G because that is like the only time I use it....
  4. Xbox Game Bar not recording

Xbox Game Bar not recording: ever since i upgraded to windows 11, i cannot use xbox game bar to record my games. i can still open it normally though. however when i open it, i can't press any of the buttons to record. i already tried resetting and repairng game bar, but nothing worked.when i try to press...
  5. Xbox game bar not recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not recording: HelloWhen I try and record a game using the Xbox Game Bar, it say's 'sorry we cannot record right now, please try again later' but it never works. How would I fix this?...
  6. xbox game bar stopped recording

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    xbox game bar stopped recording: so i was recording a very important thing and accidentally my laptop went to sleep the total time just before it went to sleep was 1hr 30 min just right after it went to sleep, I turned on my laptop again from sleep but the recording bar had vanished the recording...
  7. xbox game bar recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar recording: my xbox game bar recording is not enabling https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-recording/ba8dd4c9-c1a0-48db-ae45-fd8770574b09
  8. Xbox Game Bar Recording Cropping Parts of recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar Recording Cropping Parts of recording: So, when I wanted to show a bug in a game, I made a video with the recording software being the Xbox Game Bar. When I showed it to the community fandom however, the bottom right section was cut when I didn't want it to crop it. I didn't do anything to it so I don't know what...
  9. Recording Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Xbox Game Bar: [IMG]A month ago i was recording videos and when i preview the videos i get the video smaller with a large black area on the video. The videos used to be full sized and now aren't has the settings changed or is it the way i record for game only...
  10. XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS

XBOX GAME BAR RECORDINGS: Hello, a couple days ago I've been able to use to the game bar without any problems. I have recorded game play and the recordings were saved onto my computer in its true resolution 1920x1080. Now whenever I record my game play the recordings are saved with a weird resolution....