Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have reset the volume, muted it, disabled notification audio in the settings, and looked over every setting option I could. I STILL get my eardrums... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JV_261, Mar 2, 2023.

1. JV_261 Win User

Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums

I have reset the volume, muted it, disabled notification audio in the settings, and looked over every setting option I could. I STILL get my eardrums ruptured with piercing audio notifications. Many people on the internet complain of this same issue, what are we to do? Lose our hearing slowly while very basic feature found on a device as primitive as black and white television volume control is simply missing.This is consistently an issue within Windows. Many programs, namely Discord, and XBOX game bar which I literally DISABLED reset their notification volume EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Sooner o

:)

JV_261, Mar 2, 2023
  2. eliasbenb Win User

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

EDIT:

• Edit 1: still no actual answer for a way to fix this. But I just factory reset my PC, the volume mixer works perfectly now. I know this is not the answer you wanted, but it's all we have
    Before I go into details do not suggest:

• Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it
    • Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app
    • Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command
    • Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows
    • Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page

OK, now that we go that out of the way. I have had this problem for about 3 weeks. The issue is that the Xbox Game Bar doesn't display the volume mixer correctly, it only shows the main audio driver's volume mixer and nothing else (no app volume mixer like:
    CS:GO, Microsoft Edge Beta, Spotify etc.).

Photo for reference:

Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums 60f145ea-e940-4f04-a916-f79e664003a1?upload=true.png

For the Microsoft employees reading this, this is a persistent issue in Windows. I will list other posts on this forum with the same issue to show the scale of the issue. All of these posts have not been solved so far:

eliasbenb, Mar 2, 2023
  3. My Xbox Game Bar recordings always have very low volume

Hello.

My Xbox Game Bar recordings always have very low volume. Changing the volume in the game bar menu only changes the system volume itself, so i don't know how to fix that.

I'd like it to be as loud as my headphones in the recordings as possible. The recordings are only at normal volume when i put system volume on max, but then my headphones are way too loud for anything else.

Help would be appreciated!

AlphaPrima, Mar 2, 2023
  4. Stefy44 Win User

Xbox Game Bar - Missing Volume mixer in Audio tab

Thank you very much for your response. I have executed your powershell command as per your instructions and then rebooted. I've also resetted Xbox Game Bar from "Apps & features", repeated the same steps twice and still no Volume mixer under Audio tab in Xbox
    Game Bar. Any other idea?

Stefy44, Mar 2, 2023
Thema:

1. Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums: I have reset the volume, muted it, disabled notification audio in the settings, and looked over every setting option I could. I STILL get my eardrums ruptured with piercing audio notifications. Many people on the internet complain of this same issue, what are we to do? Lose...
  3. Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Bar volume RESETS to MAX and destroys my ear drums: I have reset the volume, muted it, disabled notification audio in the settings, and looked over every setting option I could. I STILL get my eardrums ruptured with piercing audio notifications. Many people on the internet complain of this same issue, what are we to do? Lose...
  4. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  5. xbox game bar

xbox game bar: cant record in xbox game bar for some reason, checked settings and turned this onbut it still shows this, any methods to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar/55f80714-aee6-49d0-b2a7-46d8b72161a8
  6. xbox game bar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    xbox game bar: I was capturing a video using xbox game bar. My internet became unstable so the capture stopped. it showed an error. How can i recover the footage. I am hoping it is in some temp folder. Please help...
  7. Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox game bar resetting it's volume.: Hello, For months now I have been playing a game that uses Xbox game bar and when I get invites from friends I get my eardrums burst by the notification. At first I just lowered the volume of Xbox game bar in my volume controller panel. I was surprised that the next time I...
  8. Xbox Game Bar

Xbox Game Bar: Is anyone else running into the problem of joining xbox friends through the "join game/invited to game" button? Been playing sea of thieves and every now and then I have to end task on the Game Bar to fix my issue, which is pretty annoying....
  9. Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar

Xbox party volume at Xbox game bar: Is there a way to control chat volume on Xbox party at Xbox game bar? Changing volume to "Xbox game bar" at sound mixer doesn´t do anything. Some people have an extremely loud microphone and controlling either the whole party volume or each party member individually would be...
  10. Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer

Xbox Game Bar doesn't show the volume mixer: Before I go into details do not suggest: Fixing my audio driver by updating/removing it Resetting the Xbox Game Bar app Doing the 'sfc /scannow 'command Telling me to use the volume mixer built into windows Referring me to the Xbox Game Bar app troubleshooting page OK,...