Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later" in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Record button is greyed out and this message appears no matter what game is running. I've searched every thread about this I could find. Here's what... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by nicetry4, Jan 20, 2022.

1. nicetry4 Win User

Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

Record button is greyed out and this message appears no matter what game is running. I've searched every thread about this I could find. Here's what doesn't work: uninstalling and reinstalling Xbox App. Xbox Game Bar runs independently of Xbox App anyhow, even when Xbox App is uninstalled. Game Bar cannot be uninstalled except possibly by command line so it is apparently part of the OS itself, just as when it was "Windows Game Bar." tweaking the shortcut macros has no effect. The defaults should still work in any case, as Win+G launches the game bar. No indication of any problem there.

:)

nicetry4, Jan 20, 2022

2. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jan 20, 2022
  3. Xbox Game Bar Not Launching

Hi,

Xbox is one of Windows 10’s default apps. This app integrates the Xbox with Windows, and it includes a handy Game bar that you can take snapshots and record video with. If the Game bar is not opening, we suggest that you follow the steps provided on this
    link on how to fix problems with Game bar on Windows 10.

We hope that this information was helpful. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Acelyn Alc, Jan 20, 2022
  4. Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

Windows Game Bar not Recording Microphone By Default

Hi Yewtsan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the potential reasons why Windows Game Bar is not recording microphone by default. To help you resolve this concern, you may perform the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10

You may also try to turn off the Game bar and restart your computer before turning it on again. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

How to disable Game bar

1. Right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Settings.
    3. Click Gaming.
    4. Click Game bar.
    5. Click the switch below Record game clips. Screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar so that it turns
      Off.

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 20, 2022
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

1. Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later" - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Xbox game bar can't record right now try again later.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar can't record right now try again later.: I need help with that because this is the first time I got it. It was perfectly fine in the past but now I have that error.I was try some method on youtube like reinstall xbox and the gpedit but that seem not working for me. I hope someone can help me with that....
  3. Xbox game bar can't record right now try again later.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar can't record right now try again later.: I need help with that because this is the first time I got it. It was perfectly fine in the past but now I have that error.I was try some method on youtube like reinstall xbox and the gpedit but that seem not working for me. I hope someone can help me with that....
  4. Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later": Record button is greyed out and this message appears no matter what game is running. I've searched every thread about this I could find. Here's what doesn't work: uninstalling and reinstalling Xbox App. Xbox Game Bar runs independently of Xbox App anyhow, even when Xbox App...
  5. Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar: "we can't record right now, try again later": Record button is greyed out and this message appears no matter what game is running. I've searched every thread about this I could find. Here's what doesn't work: uninstalling and reinstalling Xbox App. Xbox Game Bar runs independently of Xbox App anyhow, even when Xbox App...
  6. Xbox Gamebar we cant record right now try again later

Xbox Gamebar we cant record right now try again later: every time i try to record with gamebar it says we can't record right now try again later and i should also note that it has never worked in the past got this new computer in November i didn't consider it to be a big issue but now since i want to record gameplay it is, ive...
  7. Xbox Gamebar we cant record right now try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar we cant record right now try again later: every time i try to record with gamebar it says we can't record right now try again later and i should also note that it has never worked in the past got this new computer in November i didn't consider it to be a big issue but now since i want to record gameplay it is, ive...
  8. [XBox Game Bar] "Can't record now. Try again later"

[XBox Game Bar] "Can't record now. Try again later": Hello everyone, my girlfriend and I both have the same problem : we cannot use the XBox game bar to record anymore. The button is greyed out and when we click on it, it only says : "Can't record now. Try again later". I've tried : repair, reset, uninstall, reinstall, check...
  9. Windows screen recording "We can't record right now. Try again later."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen recording "We can't record right now. Try again later.": [ATTACH] I have this widespread problem on one of two identical laptops. All software including Windows is up-to-date. I tried all the dozen of fixes described on the MS forum and other websites. Nothing helped. Still always "We can't record right now. Try again later."...
  10. Game Bar: We can't record right now please try again later

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game Bar: We can't record right now please try again later: For some reason when I try to record with the game bar this comes up, I don't know why I tried searching it up but I figured I'd rather do this instead submitted by /u/RobotRykujin [link] [comments]...