Windows 10: Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone

Discus and support Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm trying to use Xbox Game Bar to do audio and video recording. But I can't record the audio. I get the message "Your privacy settings are blocking... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ajanderson66006, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone

I'm trying to use Xbox Game Bar to do audio and video recording. But I can't record the audio.

I get the message "Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone". I click the button under it "Show me how to fix it". It take me to Allow apps to access your microphone. Allow apps to access your microphone is on. Under that there are individual apps. Everything is turned on see image below however, there is no option to turn in on for "Xbox Game Bar".

I've also gone to Settings-->Apps-->Xbox Game Bar-->Advanced Options. I've tried both repair and reset, but neither helped. I cannot uninstall because the uninstall option is greyed out see next image below

I've even went as far as doing a fresh install of windows, but have the exact same problems as above.
    All I want to do is allow the Xbox Game Bar app to be allowed to access my microphone, but there is but there is no way to turn it on in microphone privacy settings.

Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone 2982e280-0c29-448d-a419-fc69f0560b47?upload=true.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone 441c682f-7934-47da-bdb5-87bf46167ddd?upload=true.png

:)

ajanderson66006, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Hao99 Win User

Microphone not working with Xbox game bar

My son is trying to record his playing on roblox using Xbox game bar. He is using a laptop on windows 10.

It was working fine a few days ago. Now he is having problems with the microphone. When he brings up the xbox game bar, (windows G), the menu says that the microphone is not working because of privacy settings.

When I go to the privacy settings for microphone, I gave permission to use the microphone for all the listed apps. But xbox game bar is not one of the listed apps. I also tried "reset" on the xbox game bar which did not help.

How can I give permission to the xbox game bar to access the microphone?

Microphone itself is working. I can use it on Cortana.

Thanks

HW

Hao99, Jul 26, 2020
  3. Xbox Game Bar Capture Doesn't Record Mic Audio

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while recording microphone audio using game bar while playing games.

I would suggest you to try troubleshooting Game Bar and see if that helps. Refer the article

Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

In addition, you can also check if the Microphone for game bar is enabled under privacy settings.

1. Go to Settings (press Windows +
      I key together) > Privacy.
    2. On the left hand pane scroll down and look for
      Microphone
    3. Toggle Allow apps to access Microphone
      to ON.
    4. Under Choose which Microsoft Store app can access your Microphone toggle Xbox game bar to
      ON.
    5. Restart the game bar.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with details of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Jul 26, 2020
  4. Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone

Xbox Game bar

hello!

my xbox game bar doesnt detect my microphone, when i press it, it says that my privacy settings prevent it from accessing microphone, but then, when i click on the "show my how to fix this" button it takes me to a list on settings, but, xbox game bar doesnt
    seem to be on this list

AngadBhalla, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone

1. Xbox Game Bar Windows 10 Your privacy settings are blocking your microphone - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Bar

2. Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar: I got a pc with windows 11 and my game bar won't let me record it'll only let me take a screenshot. When I try to record it tells me "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" but it won't tell me what hardware I'm missing, and it doesn't have a x on...
  3. Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Record a game clip on your PC with Xbox Game Bar: I got a pc with windows 11 and my game bar won't let me record it'll only let me take a screenshot. When I try to record it tells me "Sorry, your PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for captures" but it won't tell me what hardware I'm missing, and it doesn't have a x on...
  4. Xbox Game Bar open on your PC when sign in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game Bar open on your PC when sign in: Xbox Game Bar was Open on few staff computers when they log in today. I some computers cause freezing the Windows. Is there a specific reason? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-open-on-your-pc-when-sign-in/d2dea0f4-7cc8-4d15-bd11-c4254ef91bf1
  5. Your Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Xbox Game Bar: So your Xbox game bar stopped all my applications from launching 90% of my applications Word, Mail, Xbox app itself, any xbox game pass game, any video game on my pc it launches them for 5 seconds then freezes and Crashes to Desktop it started doing this after i hit the xbox...
  6. "Your camera and microphone are blocked"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Your camera and microphone are blocked": Win 10 desktop, latest update (20H2 Build 19042.867, KB5000802). This morning for a meeting, one I've had many times before, I got a "Your camera and microphone are blocked" with doxy.me. I could hear and see them, but not the reverse. Tried iPad (wi-fi) and other party said...
  7. "Your camera and microphone are blocked"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Your camera and microphone are blocked": Win 10 desktop, latest update 20H2 Build 19042.867, KB5000802, Logitech Webcam 510. This morning for a meeting, one I've had many times before, I got a "Your camera and microphone are blocked" with doxy.me. I could hear and see them, but not the reverse. Tried iPad wi-fi and...
  8. Game bar microphone privacy

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Game bar microphone privacy: Need to record some audio/video for demoing some simple work in an app that is not game related. Game bar capture is telling me: Privacy settings are blocking your microphone When I click show me how to fix it It takes me to the Mic privacy settings page where it says -...
  9. XBox game bar - error "can't save your video"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox game bar - error "can't save your video": I was recording a video with Xbox game bar and it stopped and display an error like "can't save your video". Is there any way to get the file back? The previous one and the one after went very well....
  10. How can the notification "Your privacy settings blocked access to the microphone" be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can the notification "Your privacy settings blocked access to the microphone" be...: Hello, I recently saw the "Your privacy settings blocked access to the microphone" notification as a pop-up, however, the notification disappeared before I could click on it. Where can I find which app or process requested to use the microphone? I have looked on settings but...