Windows 10: Xbox Game DVR

Discus and support Xbox Game DVR in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recording a game clip last night and I exited the game without pressing stop recording and the Xbox app said there was an error. It had previously... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Jay JohnAtoigue, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Xbox Game DVR

I recording a game clip last night and I exited the game without pressing stop recording and the Xbox app said there was an error. It had previously done that for another clip of mine, but it saved, the other clip did not. I went looking around the DVR files and I found the ShellTraces notepads which shows a log of the time I started recording my gameplay. I was wondering if there was a way I could retrieve/recover my gameplay from this.

12/20 13:22:04.396 [0000000000002D38] BroadcastDVRComponent_RegistryChangeNotification_OnExit: fGameDVRRegKeyEnabled=1 fHistoricalCaptureEnabled=0 fHistoricalCaptureEnabledOnBattery=1 fHistoricalCaptureEnabledOnWirelessDesktop=1
    12/20 13:22:04.396 [0000000000000BF4] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: SubLocation="Microsoft\GameDVR"
    12/20 13:22:04.397 [0000000000000BF4] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: SubLocation="Microsoft\GameDVR"
    12/20 13:22:05.397 [0000000000000BF4] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: SubLocation="Microsoft\GameDVR"
    12/20 13:22:05.398 [0000000000000BF4] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: SubLocation="Microsoft\GameDVR"
    12/20 13:22:05.398 [0000000000000BF4] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: SubLocation="Microsoft\GameDVR"

:)

Jay JohnAtoigue, Dec 20, 2018

2. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Game DVR not working

Hi Yashaswini,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Game DVR. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the below
    article Troubleshoot Game DVR on Windows 10
    and check if it helps.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox...r-windows-10#8e09088ddd7545719a86dd7399a46d9f

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with Game DVR. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Arul_D Win User

Xbox Game DVR

Arul_D, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

Xbox Game DVR

1. Xbox Game DVR - Similar Threads - Xbox Game DVR

2. Xbox game bar not working no dvr?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar not working no dvr?: So happens that I have been wanting to use the xbox game bar but couldn't, and after a fair bit of research I think I've found the source of the problem being it the gamedvr.Every solution I've found is to simply enable it, either in the registry or the local group policy...
  3. Xbox game bar not working no dvr?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox game bar not working no dvr?: So happens that I have been wanting to use the xbox game bar but couldn't, and after a fair bit of research I think I've found the source of the problem being it the gamedvr.Every solution I've found is to simply enable it, either in the registry or the local group policy...
  4. Xbox Game DVR not recording mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Game DVR not recording mic: I saw in another thread the solution to this is having it record game only, but I want my friends on discord to be recorded in the clips. I don’t have an NVIDIA card so I can’t use Shadowplay, and I don’t wanna record with OBS always because I just wanna clip the last 30...
  5. Xbox Game DVR Issue

Xbox Game DVR Issue: With many new Windows 10 PC's you have the Xbox game DVR, a great built in Xbox party and recording studio. Recently I have been recording videos with me and my friend when we have run into an issue. The Game DVR automatically turns down the volume of Xbox voice calls as well...
  6. Is xbox game DVR gone?

Is xbox game DVR gone?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/alonepain [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e6lliu/is_xbox_game_dvr_gone/
  7. Xbox Game DVR on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game DVR on PC: I made it to where Chrome is registered by Xbox Game DVR in order to record something on Chrome but now I am getting a pop-up every time I open it. Is there a way to change chrome to not be registered, turn off pop-ups just for chrome or will I have to turn off pop-ups...
  8. Game DVR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game DVR: A half of my clips, recorded using game DVR have not picture, only sound and, sometimes, a cursor. I can record only some games, like Skyrim and KSP, and others (CS:GO, Assasin's Creed II, Planetside 2) can't be recorded with a picture. But even in Skyrim some clips have the...
  9. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....
  10. Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Game DVR can't record some games.: Well, I use the Xbox Game DVR a lot when I play, specially League of Legends and Ori and the Blind Forest. But when I play Paladins, I can open de Game Bar, but te options of Win+G and Win+R don't work, it says that I can't record at the moment, and try again later. This...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BroadcastDVRComponent_RegistryChangeNotification_OnEntry: fGameDVRRegKeyEnabled=1 fHistoricalCaptureEnabled=0 fHistoricalCaptureEnabledOnBattery=1 fHistoricalCaptureEnabledOnWirelessDesktop=1 what do these mean????

2. what is this [0000000000000514] IsGameManager_DirChangeCallback: