Windows 10: XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage

Discus and support XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have the Xbox Game Pass launcher open on my laptop, and I found that the launcher itself is using up half of my GPU power. Why is that?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnHankey1, Mar 2, 2020.

1. XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage

XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage dfd970d0-414d-47f8-a98c-cf79d54db774?upload=true.png

I have the Xbox Game Pass launcher open on my laptop, and I found that the launcher itself is using up half of my GPU power. Why is that? What graphically would it need that would cause it to drain that much?

I will say I am currently downloading Indivisible at the same time, but that still shouldn't be affecting the GPU, and my GPU frees up if I close the launcher, even if the launcher is still downloading the game in the background.

Also, GPU usage for the Xbox launcher is sometimes spiking to low 80% for extended periods of time, and the lowest I've seen GPU usage be while the launcher is open, 35%.

I have an Nvidia GTX 1070, and temperatures are fine. I can give additional specs, but I would think they are unnecessary.

I can also take a look at GPU usage after the game is done downloading, as well as what it looks like on my desktop, although my desktop has an Nvidia RTX2070 so that may look less severe.

:)

JohnHankey1, Mar 2, 2020
  2. DrewF1 Win User

High CPU usage ONLY on Microsoft Xbox PC games, (xbox pass for PC beta)

Hello, I am in a very frustrating situation where I cannot play any of the xbox pc games I have from the xbox pass for pc because of insanely high CPU usage. The CPU is being used from 99 to 100% for Gears of War 5 or Halo MCC or any of the Microsoft games.
    I never have this issue playing games on steam, origin, uplay or epic launcher ONLY on microsoft games. I really like these games and would like to be able to continue playing them but right now the CPU load usage is causing stuttering and making the games
    unplayable. My specs are as follows

Windows 10, 64 bit

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

16 GB Ram

GPU: Radeon r9 390

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0803, 9/24/2015

BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.

BaseBoard Product Z170 PRO GAMING

BaseBoard Version Rev X.0x

DrewF1, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Xbox Game Pass: July New Games Xbox

Hello @BitSkrieg, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

*Arrow Xbox Game Pass FAQs | Start Your Free Trial | Xbox

Brink, Mar 2, 2020
  4. XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage

1. XBOX Game Pass Launcher High GPU Usage - Similar Threads - XBOX Game Pass

2. Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.: Recently I noticed that my cpu usage has been too high, reaching about 60-100% in games, while my gpu is sometimes lower 60-80% usage, the cpu temp has gone at around a max of 70 degrees celsius, after around an hour in battlefield 4, 14 minutes in mad max, and around half an...
  3. Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden high gpu usage while playing games.: Recently I noticed that my cpu usage has been too high, reaching about 60-100% in games, while my gpu is sometimes lower 60-80% usage, the cpu temp has gone at around a max of 70 degrees celsius, after around an hour in battlefield 4, 14 minutes in mad max, and around half an...
  4. High Integrated gpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  5. High Integrated gpu usage

High Integrated gpu usage: So here is the deal. My friend recently bought a Asus tuf f15 with i5 10300H and GTX1650. So problem is that whenever he plays any game his igpu usage is around 60-70% which should have been 10-20% while his dedicated gpu is nearly 60% which should have been 99-100% but it is...
  6. Fix Epic Games Launcher High CPU usage on PC

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Epic Games Launcher High CPU usage on PC: [ATTACH]Epic Games Launcher is one of the best in the business. It allows you to launch your favorite games easily from a single place. But a lot of users have reported that the Epic Games Launcher is showing high CPU usage in the Task Manager. In this article, we are going...
  7. Xbox Game Pass Minecraft Launcher Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass Minecraft Launcher Issues: got this error message after downloading the minecraft launcher from the xbox game pass pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-minecraft-launcher-issues/c2940886-25c2-4415-ad87-aeccb1ca059e
  8. Xbox Game Pass Minecraft Launcher Issues

Xbox Game Pass Minecraft Launcher Issues: got this error message after downloading the minecraft launcher from the xbox game pass pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-minecraft-launcher-issues/c2940886-25c2-4415-ad87-aeccb1ca059e
  9. csrss.axe high GPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    csrss.axe high GPU usage: Hi, my name is Nick and i have problems with csrss.axeclient server runtime process, it uses up to 30% of my GPU in games, when i move mouse cursor or scroll down in task manager. dwm.axedesktop windows manager works fine. Suddenly this problem appeared and disappeared...
  10. High CPU usage ONLY on Microsoft Xbox PC games, (xbox pass for PC beta)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    High CPU usage ONLY on Microsoft Xbox PC games, (xbox pass for PC beta): Hello, I am in a very frustrating situation where I cannot play any of the xbox pc games I have from the xbox pass for pc because of insanely high CPU usage. The CPU is being used from 99 to 100% for Gears of War 5 or Halo MCC or any of the Microsoft games. I never have this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox beta high gpu

2. xbox beta higj gpu usage