Windows 10: Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have had an issue that has persisted for a few days now, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. Whenever I try to launch a certain Xbox Game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vls122, Jan 7, 2021.

1. /u/vls122 Win User

Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it

I have had an issue that has persisted for a few days now, and it is really starting to get on my nerves. Whenever I try to launch a certain Xbox Game Pass PC game, it will redirect me to the Gaming Services app from the Microsoft Store. This only happens when I restart my computer, and I can fix the issue by uninstalling then reinstalling Gaming Services. However, this happens every time I try to launch the game after restarting or shutting down and turning on my PC. I think it might have to do with how I installed the game because I installed it on another Windows account and to save the hassle of installing it again, I just copied and pasted the game from that account to my account. At first, it worked fine, but now this issue happens all time. Now, I could just keep uninstalling and reinstalling but it is very annoying to have to do it all the time. Does anyone know how to fix this permanently?

submitted by /u/vls122
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vls122, Jan 7, 2021

2. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox (Beta) app, so
    I have no idea what is going wrong.

Evilwolf789, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Rhyagelle Win User
    Xbox Game Pass (PC) Issues -- Gaming Services

Hello,

I've been trying to get The Outer Worlds and other games to work (via Game Pass for PC), but when I try to launch them, they take me to the page for
    Gaming Services as if I have to install it. However, it says "This product is installed" but to the right it says "Install
    on my devices
    ". I'm stuck in a loop. It won't fix and I can't launch my games.

I have tried:

* Resetting the Windows Store App (via powershell command)

* Reinstalling the Windows Store App (via powershell command)

* Removing Developer Mode (via powershell command and through settings)

* running a scan to check for filesystem damages

* Removing Gaming Services + reinstalling (via powershell command)

* Trying to launch games through the Store and the Xbox Companion App

* Rebooting and shutting down PC

* Troubleshooting the Windows Store App

* Reinstall the game in question + reinstall to a separate hard drive

* Update Windows (no more visible updates)

* Update GPU drivers to latest

Anyone know why my games won't launch and why they take me to this screen? It is driving me insane! Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it :(

Thanks~

Rhyagelle, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it

Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta).
    Surely if I have paid £7.99 for the Microsoft store version I should get access to the Beta version? They are both called 'Xbox game pass'. Any help?

Drummeruk2142, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it

1. Xbox Game Pass PC game always opens gaming services on Microsoft Store when trying to launch it - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Pass

2. Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store: I tried xbox support and was told to go strait to microsoft. When I got to launch any game pass game it opens gaming services in the store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-games-open-gaming-services-in-store/468b2cfb-2161-4014-b072-17e3d72a59a5
  3. Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Pass Games Open Gaming Services in Store: I tried xbox support and was told to go strait to microsoft. When I got to launch any game pass game it opens gaming services in the store. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-pass-games-open-gaming-services-in-store/468b2cfb-2161-4014-b072-17e3d72a59a5
  4. Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Game Pass is a service from Microsoft that offers games at a discount, few games are available on the same day, and many games are free. If you have bought the game pass subscription but cannot launch the games on Xbox or PC, this post will help you fix the problem....
  5. Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services: I recently was playing Halo Infinite. I ended my session and shut down my computer - I noticed an update was going to install at shutdown. I come back a bit later and start up my computer. Now when I try to launch Halo Infinite, I get directed to the Microsoft Store - Gaming...
  6. Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass and Gaming Services: I recently was playing Halo Infinite. I ended my session and shut down my computer - I noticed an update was going to install at shutdown. I come back a bit later and start up my computer. Now when I try to launch Halo Infinite, I get directed to the Microsoft Store - Gaming...
  7. Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game pass PC games and Microsoft store games: All these games from Microsoft store suffer massive V-sync related issues and some are locked to 30fps for no reason with frames dropping after a few rounds.Basically ALL the games on game pass suffer hitching.Only game I can 100% say works without any major problem is Deep...
  8. Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games: I've had game pass for pc about 4 months with everything working fine. As of this morning I can't launch any game even though my subscription is still active. If I try launching from start menu shortcut it launches microsoft store page for "gaming services" installed...
  9. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Issues -- Gaming Services

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass (PC) Issues -- Gaming Services: Hello, I've been trying to get The Outer Worlds and other games to work (via Game Pass for PC), but when I try to launch them, they take me to the page for Gaming Services as if I have to install it. However, it says "This product is installed" but to the right it says...
  10. Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store game pass and Xbox game pass (Beta): So I have 'game pass' for the Microsoft store that allows me to download and play the pretty much the same games that are on 'Xbox game' pass (Beta) but for some reason the beta app asks me to subscribe/pay again for the for the Xbox game pass (Beta). Surely if I have paid...