Windows 10: Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).

Discus and support Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors). in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Obtained the gamepass about 4 days ago and I have been having trouble launching any gamepass game and the Xbox beta app. I get the following error:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cole H., Nov 19, 2019.

1. Cole H. Win User

Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).

Obtained the gamepass about 4 days ago and I have been having trouble launching any gamepass game and the Xbox beta app.

I get the following error:

Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors). 92604b56-e6fe-4c08-b886-12decc8fda76?upload=true.png

So naturally, I search up the error and try a dozen different solutions, none of which work.

From what I recall so far I've tried resetting the store cache (wreset.exe), re-registering all systemapps and ms store apps through powershell, and the ms store itself, reinstalling every app, moving apps to different hard drives, launching from a different user (that was an administrator), taking ownership of the directories, and others I've lost track of.

I did notice that the files contained the directory of games I tried to launch were locked solid, I could not see what owned them even if I had given administrative rights.

I was successfully able to take ownership of the windows app directory and the files within, however, could still not launch the Xbox app and got the same error.

I'm able to launch the Xbox app directly from its folder, however, I don't think all the necessary services launch when I do that as it fails to sign me in every time.

I don't know what else to try at this point, If I can't figure this issue out then my pass is gonna go to waste.

:)

Cole H., Nov 19, 2019

2. Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

Hey,

I am downloading the games from the new Xbox (Beta) app on PC that you are able to access with the Xbox Ultimate game pass. I am downloading the games from this app from the range of games available from the Xbox Game pass.

16276623-335b-4afe-bae0-2b04c90ad77e, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass in July Xbox

Source: Coming Soon to Xbox Game Pass: Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Dead Rising 4, and More - Xbox Wire

Brink, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).

Xbox games pass on pc

Hi Bat,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

These are the games free with the pass.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-game-pass-p...

However, the exact difference can be told by experts on the Xbox forum so suggest you to start a question there.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).

1. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors). - Similar Threads - Xbox Game Pass

2. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  3. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  4. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Game Pass is a service from Microsoft that offers games at a discount, few games are available on the same day, and many games are free. If you have bought the game pass subscription but cannot launch the games on Xbox or PC, this post will help you fix the problem....
  6. XBOX GAME PASS PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX GAME PASS PC: Hi, I bought an Xbox game pass for pc but I can't log in, and I get the message "it looks like your credit card is going to expire soon. Update it now so you can continue playing", but my next payday is 15/02/22, and I can't download anything because I get the message unknown...
  7. PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Game Pass/xbox Game Pass: I keep getting an error for my PC Game Pass saying that im encountering an error for installing my game pass games. Error Code Ox 00000001. Im paid up on my subscription, i can play the games on my xbox. But i cant get past this error to install on my PC and the error cant be...
  8. XBox Game Pass for PC App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Game Pass for PC App: The App for Xbox GAme Pass for PC isn't loading, how long is this issue likely to last? how long will it be in Beta for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-for-pc-app/6c53333a-157e-40ee-b2c5-82518fe15848
  9. Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't launch Xbox Game Pass for PC games: I've had game pass for pc about 4 months with everything working fine. As of this morning I can't launch any game even though my subscription is still active. If I try launching from start menu shortcut it launches microsoft store page for "gaming services" installed...
  10. Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't launch games from Xbox game pass for PC: I have Xbox game pass ultimate, and I can download games from game pass. But when I try to launch the games, it says that they are unavailable in my account. The account with game pass is signed in to both the windows store and the Xbox Beta app, so I have no idea what is...