Windows 10: Xbox game uninstall

Discus and support Xbox game uninstall in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a problem where I wanted to install Forza Horizon 4 but it failed during installing but now I have half of my disk space used cuz of the game... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SaltedBaconCZ, Mar 13, 2021.

1. Xbox game uninstall

I have a problem where I wanted to install Forza Horizon 4 but it failed during installing but now I have half of my disk space used cuz of the game failing to install and I cant even find the folder with it. I really need help with it cuz if I cant install it I atleast want to have the space on my disk.

(sorry for my bad english, second language)

submitted by /u/SaltedBaconCZ
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SaltedBaconCZ, Mar 13, 2021

2. Want to UNINSTALL XBox

Hi Kristi,

Xbox App is one of the built-in applications on Windows 10. To uninstall it from your computer, you have to perform the following steps using the Windows PowerShell:

• Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.  
    • Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.  
    •  Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Hit Enter.  

If you are unable to uninstall the app, reset Windows Store to clear the store cache and try to uninstall the Xbox app again.

Here's how to reset Windows Store:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.   
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).   
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter.   

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Mar 13, 2021
  4. Ariel Acu Win User

Xbox game uninstall

remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

Xbox game uninstall

1. Xbox game uninstall - Similar Threads - Xbox game uninstall

2. Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar: Hello,I am assuming that the Xbox Game Bar, which was pre-installed with my computer, is currently causing me some issues. I have researched on how to uninstall Xbox Game Bar but came with unresolved results. The Xbox Game Bar is not visible to the Windows 11 Uninstall-App...
  3. Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling Xbox Game Bar: Hello,I am assuming that the Xbox Game Bar, which was pre-installed with my computer, is currently causing me some issues. I have researched on how to uninstall Xbox Game Bar but came with unresolved results. The Xbox Game Bar is not visible to the Windows 11 Uninstall-App...
  4. Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will uninstalling Xbox also remove Xbox Game Bar?: Just a quick yes or no question.I don't think I will play any Microsoft games but the game bar seems useful. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/will-uninstalling-xbox-also-remove-xbox-game-bar/41d705c6-15ac-4b4b-aa96-2d0d772d6122
  5. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  6. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox App games not fully uninstalling: There is a full story to this and all but I'm just gonna try to cut to the chase. I tried uninstalling Doom Eternal and Halo MCC, but when it didn't free up space I did some snooping and turns out that they still exist despite me literally using the uninstall button in the...
  7. Xbox App games not fully uninstalling

8. Uninstalling Xbox game bar

Uninstalling Xbox game bar: Hi there! I don't use Xbox game bar in my pc but it can't be uninstalled. How can I uninstall it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstalling-xbox-game-bar/759c82ea-4729-4a9d-8e1c-5b5f2fb72106
  9. Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Game Pass Games for PC Not Uninstalling: I had downloaded several games from the Microsoft Store Game Pass on PC and I did not see any change in the storage space and that I tried everything besides restoring my PC since I had 181 GB available, but now I only have 41 GB available and was wondering where the game...
  10. Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps: How to: Uninstall Xbox One Games and Apps How to Uninstall Games and Apps on Xbox One [img] Information The Xbox One is equipped with a 500 GB or 1 TB internal hard drive depending on which console you purchased. Most of this space is available for storing games and...