Windows 10: XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or...

Discus and support XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I play a lot of rocket league and sometimes when I hit something cool, I want to clip it. I can theoretically use gifyourgame, but the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/halfmetaljack, Feb 20, 2021.

1. XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or...

Hey, I play a lot of rocket league and sometimes when I hit something cool, I want to clip it.

I can theoretically use gifyourgame, but the problem is, that gifyourgame delets custom textures. I have a custom texture for my flag as example. To use it, I have to equip the reddit flag (to switch out the textures). If I do clips with gifyourgame, the clip shows the reddit flag, instead of my own custom flag.

This is why I wanted to record the clips with the xbox game bar, as it just records the screen, so it doesnt change any custom textures, because it doesn‘t connect to rocket league, like gifyourgame does.

Even after cutting one of these clips down to 8 seconds, with the video cutting tool in windows, it is still 20 Mb large, which is too much for discord. Discord only allows data up to 8 Mb.

Is there any other way to record clips (I dont want to always record, I just want to press a button/-combination and habe a recording of the last 15 seconds or so), which doesnt result in such big files, or another way to make the video files smaller?

In the xbox hamebar settings I already put the audio bitrate as low as possible and the recording framerate to 30fps aswell as videoquality at standard instead of high

submitted by /u/halfmetaljack
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/halfmetaljack, Feb 20, 2021

2. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or... 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Feb 20, 2021
  3. Ramhound Win User
    Change save location of clips by GameBar in win 10

You should just move the Captures folder.

Where are my Game DVR clips and screenshots saved in Windows 10?

You can also move the Videos profile directory itself.

How To Change Game DVR Folder (Captures) Location In Windows 10

Ramhound, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Aditya19 Win User

XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or...

XBOX app clip sharing problem

Hello all,

I have an issue please try helping me...i was playing the Witcher 3 and recorded a clip using xbox dvr. clip got recorded successfully but when i try to share it says sorry can't be shared because we don't recognize the game. i m launching game through XBOX app.

Aditya19, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or...

1. XBox gamebar clips are too much data, is there a way to make the clips take less space? Or... - Similar Threads - XBox gamebar clips

2. XBox GameBar on Windows 10 cannot record clips.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox GameBar on Windows 10 cannot record clips.: When I had a GT 710, I could record using the XBox GameBar and it worked flawlessly. When I got the GT 1030, the XBox GameBar still retained its ability to record my screen and it worked flawlessly. Now, it doesn't work anymore. How is this the case?Specs:GT 1030i3-9100F...
  3. XBox GameBar on Windows 10 cannot record clips.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox GameBar on Windows 10 cannot record clips.: When I had a GT 710, I could record using the XBox GameBar and it worked flawlessly. When I got the GT 1030, the XBox GameBar still retained its ability to record my screen and it worked flawlessly. Now, it doesn't work anymore. How is this the case?Specs:GT 1030i3-9100F...
  4. XBox GameBar on Windows 10 cannot record clips.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox Gamebar crops my clips weirdly. Please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar crops my clips weirdly. Please help!: Whenever I take clips of my screen, they're great except that the video is isolated to the top left of my screen and I have no clue on how to change it. It's like that when I open it up in my files, so my YouTube videos end up looking like this too. I'd love some help with...
  6. Xbox Gamebar crops my clips weirdly. Please help!

Xbox Gamebar crops my clips weirdly. Please help!: Whenever I take clips of my screen, they're great except that the video is isolated to the top left of my screen and I have no clue on how to change it. It's like that when I open it up in my files, so my YouTube videos end up looking like this too. I'd love some help with...
  7. Xbox Gamebar crops my clips weirdly. Please help!

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?

Is there any way to organize clips in the Xbox Game Bar?: I was wondering if I'm able to create sub-folders for each game I play and whenever I clip or record something it's automatically placed in that folder, instead of all the clips from different games being scattered around everywhere and being difficult to find once you have a...
  9. Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox gamebar recording not recording video clips: When I start recording an important video on the internet so I don't have to go online again to see it once again the video isn't being recorded; instead a black screen is being recorded not the video, although the sound of the video is being played and the surroundings of...
  10. Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Gamebar clipping - no microphone in clips?: I'm making montages thru ALT-Win-G shortcut, but I would like to record my microphone in those clips too. Can't find anywhere in settings, does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by /u/Flyxor [link] [comments]...