Windows 10: Xbox gamebar not working

Discus and support Xbox gamebar not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When i go to the settings and enable recording for xbox gamebar it would automatically turn off when i leave the settings menu, how can i fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by da vv, Oct 16, 2021.

1. da vv Win User

Xbox gamebar not working

When i go to the settings and enable recording for xbox gamebar it would automatically turn off when i leave the settings menu, how can i fix this asking for a friend

:)

da vv, Oct 16, 2021

2. Gamebar process problem

Yeah, Like many people here have commented I have disabled everything in relation to Windows Game mode, gamedvr and gamebar in the settings menu. When that failed to fix the issue, I disabled everything in the registry in relation to game mode, gamedvr and
    gamebar. That stupid gamebar presence process was still there. Then I used powershell to remove the xbox app. Still there. It only started doing this today. Please get rid of this crap and give me back control over what runs on my own computer.

Thanks.

GingerMonkey_891, Oct 16, 2021
  3. Gamebar process problem

Hi,

The Gamebar Presence Writer is automatically enabled on your computer if you opened the Game bar and play a game. This process allows you to record video clips from your games.

If you are playing a game and you want to disable the Gamebar Presence Writer, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, and then type Task Manager in the search box.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, look for Gamebar Presence Writer, and then press the
      End task button.

To disable Game bar, here are the steps:

• Launch Xbox app, and then go to Settings
      Xbox gamebar not working 3fdfc27e-d4eb-432c-a21e-4c317ca12d6d.jpg
    • Click Game DVR.
    • Turn off Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR.

If you have further queries, feel free to contact us anytime.

Loraine Mon, Oct 16, 2021
  4. Xbox gamebar not working

Gamebar process problem

This **** runs in the background even if you uninstall Xbox app and have everything turned off it's a consistent pain in the ass that I have to kill the process every time I'm gaming because it eats my framerate when I've never used it or want to use it.

DavidSischo, Oct 16, 2021
Thema:

Xbox gamebar not working

1. Xbox gamebar not working - Similar Threads - Xbox gamebar working

2. Reinstall xbox gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall xbox gamebar: I followed the instructions here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-xbox-game-bar/a3a1d10a-d599-448c-bd56-1fff4d968d96I was trying to remove the quick access toggle in the xbox gaming app, and was hoping this would do that, but I apparently...
  3. Xbox gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar: I just updated my pc but now I cant record anything and I dont know why, can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamebar/527d96df-80e6-4500-aaaa-363242c97381
  4. Xbox gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox gamebar: I just updated my pc but now I cant record anything and I dont know why, can anybody help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamebar/527d96df-80e6-4500-aaaa-363242c97381
  5. Xbox gamebar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar not working: When i go to the settings and enable recording for xbox gamebar it would automatically turn off when i leave the settings menu, how can i fix this asking for a friend...
  6. Xbox gamebar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox gamebar not working: When i go to the settings and enable recording for xbox gamebar it would automatically turn off when i leave the settings menu, how can i fix this asking for a friend...
  7. Xbox Gamebar Suddenly Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamebar Suddenly Stopped Working: A week or so ago, The Xbox Gamebar application stopped responding to the same hotkeys I used to open the overlay and record videos or capture the last 30 seconds of gameplay. It was working normally until I turned my PC on one day and it did not respond to any keybinds. I...
  8. Xbox gamebar not working - 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox gamebar not working - 20H2: Today I got an error 0x803F8001 when attempting to launch the Xbox Game Bar, Googling the web, it seems a lot are getting this error. Not clear why but it is believed it is a borked update from MS Store. I rolled back to a couple of days ago, and all was fine, so I will...
  9. Xbox Gamebar not working anymore

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox Gamebar not working anymore: I suddenly cant use Xbox gamebar anymore on my PC I literally used it not even an hour ago, at first it said it was because my account was locked, then I unlocked it but it still doesn't work. It keeps giving the error "Xbox Game Bar is currently not available in your...
  10. Xbox Gamebar not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Gamebar not working.: My WIN+G doesn't work and when I go to settings and check record videos and photos with game bar and I go back to it, it unchecks itself. I don't get any Xbox invites either. Maybe it's disabled. If so, I don't even know how to see my disabled apps. Someone help, please....