Windows 10: Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device.

Discus and support Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a headphones and a tv set up as a second monitor. The game and all other programs automatically use the headphones unless I change it to the tv... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anubis520, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Anubis520 Win User

Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device.

I have a headphones and a tv set up as a second monitor. The game and all other programs automatically use the headphones unless I change it to the tv for speakers. Xbox Party chat however is the only one that refuses to play nice. I've set the headphones to default, changed the audio output in xbox game bar party chat to the headphones but still nothing. I tried to disable the tv as an audio device but then I just have no audio from party chat at all. has anyone figured out a way to fix this issue?

:)

Anubis520, Aug 28, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Aug 28, 2020
  3. netter Win User
    No audio output device

Hello!
    I have a common problem: my Windows 10 has No Audio Output Device.
    System configuration:
    • Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN (laptop)
    • Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, build 18363.535;
    • Current updates;
    Device manager shows these audio devices:
    • High Definition Audio Device (driver version 10.0.18362.356)
    • Intel Display Audio (10.27.0.6)
    • ASUS Xonar U3 (10.0.8.2164)
    i.e. the problem persists even with an external (USB) audio device, recognized by the system.

I performed a sanity check on this issue. Sound works when I boot into Ubuntu live. Therefore, it is not a hardware problem, and is indeed a Windows problem.

Solutions that have not worked so far:
    1. Audio troubleshooter (issues found: check audio device, nothing else)
    2. Rolling back drivers
    3. Uninstalling audio devices
    4. Uninstalling any audio-related devices, incl. the likes of bluetooth speakers
    5. Updating audio drivers (from both built-in drivers and from manufacturer's site)
    6. Installing a generic audio device (installing a generic USB audio device does not succeed, and installing a generic Realtek device resulted in a BSOD)

Do you have any ideas for fixing this?

netter, Aug 28, 2020
  4. fireberd Win User

No audio output device is installed

A screenshot of the Device Manager, Sounds section is still needed. Can't really offer a suggestion until I see what is showing there now.

e.g this is mine It shows AMD which the audio for HDMI, Realtek and Tranzport which is a wireless controller for my recording studio program.

Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device. [​IMG]

fireberd, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox gamebar Party audio output through wrong device. - Similar Threads - Xbox gamebar Party

2. Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar: Ok, so when I am on pc and have been having an issue with Xbox gamebar. My microphone sounds awful in the party chat. Side-note: my microphone is connected through an XLR input in my audio interface along with my speakers. Anyways I have read through posts that have the same...
  3. Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Troubles with Xbox Gamebar: Ok, so when I am on pc and have been having an issue with Xbox gamebar. My microphone sounds awful in the party chat. Side-note: my microphone is connected through an XLR input in my audio interface along with my speakers. Anyways I have read through posts that have the same...
  4. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  5. My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?

My Xbox Gamebar Party Chat Voice Is Broken?: My Xbox Gamebar party chat voice is broken. Every time i load up a party and try to talk my voice sounds all robotic and its not mic as ive tried with other headsets and they all work on discord and other app just not Gamebar? Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I've tried...
  6. Windows 10 PC playing audio through WRONG outputs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC playing audio through WRONG outputs: I bought this computer over a year and a half ago and it is still running smoothly, but as of two days ago, it started messing up my audio. Through USBs, I have a microphone Elgato Wave 3, a pair of headphones standard USB headphones, and a keyboard. As of yesterday, I would...
  7. Windows 10 PC playing audio through WRONG outputs

Windows 10 PC playing audio through WRONG outputs: I bought this computer over a year and a half ago and it is still running smoothly, but as of two days ago, it started messing up my audio. Through USBs, I have a microphone Elgato Wave 3, a pair of headphones standard USB headphones, and a keyboard. As of yesterday, I would...
  8. Windows 10 PC playing audio through WRONG outputs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox companion and gamebar mute all non-chat audio when in a party.: On my windows 10 pc with my airpods connected, whenever I'm in a party with other people we can hear each other perfectly fine however all other audio is muted on my PC. How can I rectify this? submitted by /u/blackopalhands [link] [comments]...
  10. Xbox Gamebar Randomly kicking me out of a party

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox Gamebar Randomly kicking me out of a party: This happens at random, whenever im in a party using the gamebar, I randomly get kicked. It might be that the gamebar is crashing but I don't know how I would check that. submitted by /u/Oakazz [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no sound xbox one