Windows 10: Xbox Gamepass and full screen thing

Discus and support Xbox Gamepass and full screen thing in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; TL;DR: I played Ori and the Blind Forest in Xbox's App with Gamepass, and it has been the most horrible experience I've ever had with games in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by iBlueWolf, Jul 24, 2020.

1. iBlueWolf Win User

Xbox Gamepass and full screen thing

TL;DR:

I played Ori and the Blind Forest in Xbox's App with Gamepass, and it has been the most horrible experience I've ever had with games in Windows, not because of the game IT'S GORGEOUS AND SO SO SO GOOD. But I'd rather get my pc with multiple viruses than having to play it again in Microsoft's service I won't get viruses, I just bought it on Steam.

Facts:

- I have Windows 10 1909 installed, and a 21:9 screen, but it doesn't really matters, because it has nothing to do with aspect ratio as I will explain later. Neither has to do with hardware since I'm not the only one who's having bad moments and it has nothing to do with fps or performance in general.

- I have all my drivers up to date.

- I paid for this Xbox Gamepass subscription.

What happened you'd ask?

Well, I started playing with only keyboard, not with keyboard + mouse, neither with a controller.

I got bash after +30% of completing the game, and I was after that somewhat forced to play with mouse in order to control the redirection of the jump.

However, using the mouse, or controller, WAS A HELL. It was dued to games not being in TRUE FULLSCREEN, but a windowed mode. It is not a matter of performance, graphics or anything, but the window making my Windows bar and the title bar appearing whenever I got closer to the top or left border yeah, I have windows bar in the left border with my 21:9 screen, but hidden till I get my mouse over the border, and yes I tried not hiding it and didn't make any change.

I have installed Borderless Gaming, a program that has been working flawlessly for me, for other titles which didn't support true full screen mode from other platforms, BUT, it didn't work at all. How intrusive is that Xbox title bar thingy? lol

Then after trying EVERYTHING described in forums I gave up. I bought It on Steam and tried to save my save into Steam and... BUM not even the same saves file extensions. I went to AppData > Local > microsoft.ori... and into wgs folder I don't remember where wgs folder was exactly and then you could find some save files with long numbers. Long story short: They are not even the same extension files, so I'll start playing the game in a harder difficulty in the following days. At least I'm getting that out of all of this directly into my Steam achievements.

I'll never ever buy a game from Xbox Store again.

Fun fact: This is not a new bug or fail: This is VERY old, like + a year, just check the forums.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm a spaniard.

:)

iBlueWolf, Jul 24, 2020
  2. iBlueWolf Win User

TL;DR:

I played Ori and the Blind Forest in Xbox's App with Gamepass, and it has been the most horrible experience I've ever had with games in Windows, not because of the game (IT'S GORGEOUS AND SO SO SO GOOD). But I'd rather get my pc with multiple viruses than
    having to play it again in Microsoft's service (I won't get viruses, I just bought it on Steam).

Facts:

- I have Windows 10 1909 installed, and a 21:9 screen, but it doesn't really matters, because it has nothing to do with aspect ratio as I will explain later. Neither has to do with hardware since I'm not the only one who's having bad moments and it has nothing
    to do with fps or performance in general.

- I have all my drivers up to date.

- I paid for this Xbox Gamepass subscription.

What happened you'd ask?

Well, I started playing with only keyboard, not with keyboard + mouse, neither with a controller.

I got bash after +30% of completing the game, and I was after that somewhat forced to play with mouse in order to control the redirection of the jump.

However, using the mouse, or controller, WAS A HELL. It was dued to games not being in TRUE FULLSCREEN, but a windowed mode. It is not a matter of performance, graphics or anything, but the window making my Windows bar and the title bar appearing whenever
    I got closer to the top or left border (yeah, I have windows bar in the left border with my 21:9 screen, but hidden till I get my mouse over the border, and yes I tried not hiding it and didn't make any change.)

I have installed Borderless Gaming, a program that has been working flawlessly for me, for other titles which didn't support true full screen mode from other platforms, BUT, it didn't work at all. (How intrusive is that Xbox title bar thingy? lol)

Then after trying EVERYTHING described in forums I gave up. I bought It on Steam and tried to save my save into Steam and... BUM not even the same saves file extensions. I went to AppData > Local > microsoft.ori... and into wgs folder (I don't remember where
    wgs folder was exactly) and then you could find some save files with long numbers. Long story short: They are not even the same extension files, so I'll start playing the game in a harder difficulty in the following days. (At least I'm getting that out of
    all of this directly into my Steam achievements).

I'll never ever buy a game from Xbox Store again.

Fun fact: This is not a new bug or fail: This is VERY old, like + a year, just check the forums.

P.S.: Sorry for my bad english, I'm a spaniard.

iBlueWolf, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks

I am a part of a Microsoft family which gives me access to Xbox gamepass ultimate. One of the Xbox gamepass ultimate perks is an ancestral ship set for sea of thieves but someone else in my family already claimed it. Is there any way I can have access
    to it as well or do I need to buy gamepass for myself?

EmeryBrown, Jul 27, 2020
  4. Arkhira Win User

Gears 5 Xbox Gamepass PC freezing constantly

I just purchased Gamepass Ultimate after not having it since Feb. I have been looking to finish up the rest of Gears 5 but the game keeps freezing every 10 minutes. It never did this around the time of Gears 5 launch. Last night I fixed it by turning off
    every Razer program I could find such as Synapse and the SDK. However today this is not working. Is this an issue with Gamepass or the horrible Anti-Cheat software being used by Gears 5?

• Windows 10 1903 - Fully up to date
    • Xbox App 2007.1001.9.0
    • Gears 5 - Latest update
    • Xbox Elite Series 2 controller connected via Microsoft Windows 10 wireless dongle - USB 2.0 port

Other programs on my PC:

• Razer Synapse 2 - Turned off
    • Razer Chroma SDK - Turned off
    • Logitech Options - Turned off
    • Corsair iCue for RAM - Running
    • Steam - Turned off
    • Discord - Turned off
    • Skype - Turned off
    • RivaTuner Statistics Server - Turned off
    • MSI Afterburner - Turned off

Arkhira, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamepass and full screen thing - Similar Threads - Xbox Gamepass full

2. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass: This application keeps starting every time I reboot Windows. Can it please stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass/d415c962-b405-4885-a578-ddca2a005ccc
  3. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox Gamepass: This application keeps starting every time I reboot Windows. Can it please stop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass/d415c962-b405-4885-a578-ddca2a005ccc
  4. Xbox Gamepass Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass Error: I'm experiencing an issue with Xbox Game Pass. When I download a game and try to launch it, I receive a "file system error" -2015294512. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass-error/582f7f7f-51ea-4cd8-a9aa-6f9e5977d585
  5. Xbox Gamepass Error

Xbox Gamepass Error: I'm experiencing an issue with Xbox Game Pass. When I download a game and try to launch it, I receive a "file system error" -2015294512. I don't know what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-gamepass-error/582f7f7f-51ea-4cd8-a9aa-6f9e5977d585
  6. Xbox gamepass cant activate

Xbox gamepass cant activate: Hello i have an issue i bought a lenovo idea game 3 and was about to activate the free gamepass sub that came with it But when doing so adding the card to the payment for redming the game pass i am only able to have location in the untited states. Even when my Microsoft...
  7. Xbox Gamepass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Gamepass: So the country I live in, to get an Xbox gamepass I have to spend around 25$ on game pass gift cards From local stores for the basic 10$ subscription. So is there any form of Microsoft store gift card that I can redeem to purchase gamepass from the store itself? like how in...
  8. Xbox Gamepass

Xbox Gamepass: So the country I live in, to get an Xbox gamepass I have to spend around 25$ on game pass gift cards From local stores for the basic 10$ subscription. So is there any form of Microsoft store gift card that I can redeem to purchase gamepass from the store itself? like how in...
  9. Xbox gamepass for PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Xbox gamepass for PC: I recently bought A membership for Xbox gamepass for PC, and whenever I try to install any game from the respective installer it gives me 2 options to download on, I don't want to use my C drive because it is my boot and I don't want to use to much of it, But I have another...
  10. Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Xbox Gamepass Ultimate Perks: I am a part of a Microsoft family which gives me access to Xbox gamepass ultimate. One of the Xbox gamepass ultimate perks is an ancestral ship set for sea of thieves but someone else in my family already claimed it. Is there any way I can have access to it as well or do I...