Windows 10: Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005

Discus and support Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just recently re-installed Windows 10 on my PC and now I'm having issues with setting up new location from C drive to D, anyone with a solution would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuNs, Sep 13, 2020.

1. GuNs Win User

Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005

I just recently re-installed Windows 10 on my PC and now I'm having issues with setting up new location from C drive to D, anyone with a solution would be helpful, thank you in advance.

:)

2. gnabbo Win User

Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''.

Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005 [​IMG]

it is in Dutch btw,

It redirects me to here

When i try to change it from my ssd to hdd it gives me an error code = Error 0x80070005

I found quite a lot of same posts on the internet about it. They you to give your self full permission in the packages folder. I already have that however. The help ends here from the internet and I don't know what to do now.

gnabbo, Sep 13, 2020
  3. Thagstrom Win User
    Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

Could you try to:

- win + R

- type "control userpasswords2"

- Select your username and click in "Properties"

- Select the "Group Membership" tab

- Select "Administrator"

- Click "Apply" then "Ok"

- Restart the pc

If that doesn't work then try:

1 - Uninstalled xbox beta app

2 - Started cmd.exe as an administrator

3 - Run sfc / scannow

4 - Restart the PC and reinstall the app from
    https://www.xbox.com/it-IT/xbox-game-pass/pc-ga...

It looks like some others had similar problems and some were able to solve with those steps. You can see that post here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Let me know if either work!

Thagstrom, Sep 13, 2020
  4. T M X Win User

Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005

That didn't work

T M X, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Xbox Gamepass PC can't change location getting error 0x80070005 - Similar Threads - Xbox Gamepass can't

2. XBOX Gamepass pc edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX Gamepass pc edition: Hello, I found on the Microsoft website that Buying Xbox subscription will include a free discord nitro for 3 months. I also noticed that Xbox game pass for pc is 1$ on first month. I use discord and wanted to buy nitro for a long time. I was looking for some offers and found...
  3. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005: Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try again in a bit. Without it nothing from the windows store is downloading to the hdd , as space on C drive is low. The install...
  4. Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't change default storage location / error Error 0x80070005: Hi I've bought flight simulator 2020 and I'm trying to download it however it tells me I can't download it because '' this location is not setup for installing games ''. [img] it is in Dutch btw, It redirects me to here [img] When i try to change it from my ssd to...
  5. Slow download speeds on Xbox Gamepass for PC.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Slow download speeds on Xbox Gamepass for PC.: I've just recently got the Game Pass for PC. The first three games I downloaded the download speeds were fine. When I tried to download that fourth game the download speeds dropped tremendously....
  6. Xbox GamePass PC - The Messenger not launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox GamePass PC - The Messenger not launching: Hello, i just bought the GamePass Pc subscriptions. I've already downloaded other games like, Ori and A Plague Tale, and those works just fine, but when i downloaded the messenger and try to launch it i get this error "The Messenger al momento non è disponibile nel tuo...
  7. Windows won't let me change new app location. Error 0x80070005

Windows won't let me change new app location. Error 0x80070005: I recently did a reinstall of windows on my computer as the windows security had stopped working (it fixed the issue) and it messed with my windows apps. All of them said they needed reinstalled, so I went to go reinstall them. I tried changing the location for "New apps...
  8. Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005

Gamepass pc storage 0x80070005: Why can't I install the game on disk D Screen shot included [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/gamepass-pc-storage-0x80070005/20dbac92-adae-4595-858b-d61160376a67"
  9. Gamepass PC change save hdd error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Gamepass PC change save hdd error 0x80070005: Hi I Had all my games on D installed and all worked perfectly, then i used the Windows restore function and formatted basically, now i can´t install any games on D i get this 3 messages when i try to set D as default save folder. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] in English...
  10. Getting Error: 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Getting Error: 0x80070005: Error: 0x80070005 Did a reinstall and kept my files and apps, everything working fine now... Side Note: If you do a reinstall keeping files and apps. Make sure you save "MiracastView" folder somewhere because if you don't your going to get two errors. The folder was...