Windows 10: Xbox Games always auto updating on W10

Discus and support Xbox Games always auto updating on W10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has been going on for several months now, lasting through many Windows updates. All my Xbox games (installed via the Xbox W10 app) will always... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fullmetalphoenix, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Xbox Games always auto updating on W10

This has been going on for several months now, lasting through many Windows updates. All my Xbox games (installed via the Xbox W10 app) will always auto update as needed, despite the fact that I have it set not to do that. The Xbox app doesn't even run on start-up or stay active while closed, yet every time I see a huge amount of network activity in task manager, it is, without fail, a game downloading a massive update in the background. This happens when I'm signed into other profiles too, without signing into the offending account that boot.

If the Xbox is truly not running as I set it, then the only thing I can think off is the Windows Store (the downloads are shared across the apps), but I have auto downloads turned off in that too, and it doesn't seem to be doing this with anything that isn't a game update, judging from the backlog of app updates available.

Is there anything I can do to stop this?

submitted by /u/fullmetalphoenix
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fullmetalphoenix, Nov 18, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Original Xbox Games Playable on Xbox 360 - April List Update

The folks at Xbox have updated the original Xbox list of games playable on the Xbox 360 game console. This backwards compatibility update adds some rare games such as Panzer Dragoon ORTA, Jet Set Radio Future, Pandemic's Mercenaries, Unreal Championship 2 and Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee. The full list of games is here.
    Note: A software emulator is required for each original Xbox game you play on your Xbox 360 console.

Source: Xbox

malware, Nov 18, 2020
  3. Ariel Acu Win User
    remove game data from xbox game in windows 10

I appreciate your reply. It seems that the game progress was saved to your Xbox account associated on your computer that's why you can't play the game from the beginning. I recommend that you remove the account on your computer by performing the following
    steps:

1. Press the Windows icon, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Select Accounts.
    3. Under Email & app accounts, click the Microsoft account, then click Remove.

I also suggest that you reset the Xbox app on your computer so that we could ensure that no account is linked to it. To get started, kindly follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key, then select the gear icon to access Settings.
    2. Go to Apps.
    3. Under Apps & features, locate the Xbox app.
    4. Click the Xbox app, then select Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset.

Let us know if that works for you. We'd be glad to further assist you.

Ariel Acu, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Xbox Games always auto updating on W10

Need to fix XBOX game dvr or suggestions for a recording software just like xbox game dvr

To further troubleshoot your concern, w suggest that you run the Windows App Troubleshooter from this link. 

If you are still experiencing the same issue, follow the steps below to reset the Windows Store cache and update Xbox App.

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard. 
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin). 
    • Type wsreset.exe, and then hit Enter. 
    • Close the Command prompt, and then launch Windows Store. 
    • Update the Xbox App in the Windows Store.  
    • If there is no option for you to update it, uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please make sure that the record option for Game DVR on the Xbox App is enabled. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Open the Xbox App.
    • On the left pane, click the gear icon to view Settings.
    • Select Game DVR.
    • Make sure Record game clips and screenshots using Game DVR is
      On.
    • Check if your Keyboard shortcuts are accurate to the one that you are using.
    • Click Save if you made any changes.

Keep us posted.

Loraine Mon, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Games always auto updating on W10

1. Xbox Games always auto updating on W10 - Similar Threads - Xbox Games always

2. xbox game app just updates whenever, when auto updates are "turned off"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox game app just updates whenever, when auto updates are "turned off": on windows 11 xbox companion app, just starts game updates whenever it decides it's a good time for that, auto updates are disabled everywhere, and i mean everywhere in store, in windows updates and in xbox app. But it just start downloads instantly when there is an update....
  3. xbox game app just updates whenever, when auto updates are "turned off"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game app just updates whenever, when auto updates are "turned off": on windows 11 xbox companion app, just starts game updates whenever it decides it's a good time for that, auto updates are disabled everywhere, and i mean everywhere in store, in windows updates and in xbox app. But it just start downloads instantly when there is an update....
  4. Xbox games update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox games update: The forza horizon 5 got new update, but in order to install it you need disc space for the entire copy of the game, which means i need to unistal 100GB of data just to instal 15 gb of update, why is that so, and is there any fix. i'm using the xbox app because you can no...
  5. Xbox games update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox games update: The forza horizon 5 got new update, but in order to install it you need disc space for the entire copy of the game, which means i need to unistal 100GB of data just to instal 15 gb of update, why is that so, and is there any fix. i'm using the xbox app because you can no...
  6. Windows Updater always auto starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updater always auto starting: I have recently downgraded to Windows 10 Pro 1803 from 1900+ or something. I prefer the former version for having the ability to utilize the HyperV with Remote 3d fx. I don't wanna ever upgrade to any version unless they keep this feature. I have encountered the known issues...
  7. Auto Starting XBOX Game Video Capture At Start Of Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto Starting XBOX Game Video Capture At Start Of Game: I like to record my game plays.. Never know when ya might get a golden nugget.. But the problem is I often forget to start recording and the bigger problem is I VERY often forget to STOP recording.. Is there a way to auto-start recording at game play and then auto stop...
  8. Linking a Xbox game settings to another account on W10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Linking a Xbox game settings to another account on W10: How can I link an Xbox game such as March of Empieres, MoE, from one account to another on my W10 computer? I am using several accounts connected to different MoE game settings. So it has to be linked to the specific account it self, not the PC. In other words how can I...
  9. W10 always downloading data

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 always downloading data: Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial) but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in...
  10. W10 always downloading data

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 always downloading data: Greetings First im not the average pc user im a bit tech savvy very experienced windows user (i run 7 since 2009) now im testing 10 for 2 weeks (clean iso trial where it asks for the serial) but now this problem is driving me nuts ; basically i disabled the updates in...