Windows 10: XBox Gaming Overlay Error

Discus and support XBox Gaming Overlay Error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Steve C, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Steve C Win User

XBox Gaming Overlay Error

I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name?

XBox Gaming Overlay Error [​IMG]

:)

Steve C, Nov 27, 2019
  2. Rose W Win User

XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

Rose W, Nov 27, 2019
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Nov 27, 2019
  4. NFSJAY Win User

Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I am on the apps list but I do not see "Game Bar". Is it equivalent to Xbox Gaming Overlay?

NFSJAY, Nov 27, 2019
Thema:

1. XBox Gaming Overlay Error - Similar Threads - XBox Gaming Overlay

2. XBox Gaming Overlay Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox Gaming Overlay Error: I keep getting the error below on my desktop PC. What is the the XBox Gaming Overlay app since I can't find an app by that name? [img] 145177
  3. Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).

Xbox Game Pass (PC) Games and the Xbox App Fail to launch (Access rights errors).: Obtained the gamepass about 4 days ago and I have been having trouble launching any gamepass game and the Xbox beta app. I get the following error: [ATTACH] So naturally, I search up the error and try a dozen different solutions, none of which work. From what I recall...
  4. game bar volume control overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    game bar volume control overlay: I recently turned on the game bar to screen record my screen; when I went to turn it off and adjust the volume, an overlay popped up next to the volume controls. it used to do this through chrome and i turned that flag setting off. But now the game bar overlay won't go away....
  5. Xbox game bar "the parameter is incorrect" error

Xbox game bar "the parameter is incorrect" error: when i launch the xbox game bar using "Windows Key + G" i get an error appear saying "the parameter is incorrect". ive had this PC for less than a week and am unsure as to why im getting it. The game bar also doesnt let me join anyones parties or invites to games (e.g. when a...
  6. XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox install gaming overlay error daily-: I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is : 'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the...
  7. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....
  8. overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...
  9. Invasive Game Overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invasive Game Overlay: With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see,...
  10. Screen gets a red overlay in games and videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen gets a red overlay in games and videos.: Yello. My screen turns red/gets a red overlay only when I put stuff in fullscreen mode. Haven't had any problems with the graphics otherwise, I do know that my screen is a bit extreme and that it might explain some of my issues but I don't understand it. My screen is an...