Windows 10: Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories

Discus and support Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm unaware of whether this is the right forum to bring awareness to such an issue, but hopefully it is. As many in the Gaming for W10 forum have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Armando_RCJr, Nov 24, 2020.

1. Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories

I'm unaware of whether this is the right forum to bring awareness to such an issue, but hopefully it is.

As many in the Gaming for W10 forum have noticed, Series XS controllers updated through the Xbox Accessories app current update: 5.5.2641.0 are unable to connect properly using Bluetooth on their devices. The controller is detected as both a Dinput and Xinput controller at the same time, with the Dinput controller being recognized as "6 axis 16 button gamepad with hat switch". This causes issues in a variety of games and on software like Steam that is able to recognize both controllers at the same time. The controller also disconnects every so often in BT mode, making Bluetooth a very inconsistent and unreliable experience.

However, this does not seem to be the case for users that have updated their controllers through an Xbox Series X and I'm assuming Series S console. With the update from that console, the controller is properly recognized as a Xinput BT LE controller, and is no longer recognized as two different gamepads on Steam. I cannot speak for the connection drops on Bluetooth when updated through Series X but I'm assuming it's fixed too.

Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories 0a09f3aa-01fa-4d0c-91b9-bb17863965a0?upload=true.png

Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories 45693d1b-8405-4a04-a115-7610dd0ae5c5?upload=true.png

The solution right now is to get access to an SXS console and update controllers through there but obviously that is not an option to everyone nor should it be the permanent solution. Hopefully this issue can be raised high enough to get noticed by the hardware team at Xbox who have otherwise made an excellent controller. Don't know if the MVPs in the forum can raise the issue any further but it'd be lovely if they could.

And for the record, everything has been properly updated to make sure this is not a fault in the current testing environments: Windows 10 20H2, Bluetooth drivers, Xbox Accessories app, controller firmware, Steam, etc.

:)

Armando_RCJr, Nov 24, 2020

2. Xbox series x/s controller connected to PC via Bluetooth but not working

Yes. I also followed the steps provided my Microsoft

Known Issues on Xbox Series X|S

• windows 10 KB number for OS Build is greater than the one listed
    • the controller firmware is up to date from the Xbox Accessories app.

kousik2020, Nov 24, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 24, 2020
  4. Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories

Elite controller is not recognized by Xbox accessories app

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues with connecting your Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10. It is possible that the current Windows Update version installed on your computer is incompatible with the latest driver update of the controller.
    To resolve your concern, we recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates by following the steps on this

link

We also recommend that you update the controller using the Xbox Accessories App by following the steps on this

link
    . If the issue persists, visit
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    and perform the suggested solutions to resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories

1. Xbox has pushed an incomplete update for Series XS controllers through Xbox Accessories - Similar Threads - Xbox has pushed

2. My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my...: My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my PC. When I load up Xbox Accessories on my PC, it says a controller update is required for my controller and when I begin updating it, it stays at 0%. I need help on solutions to fix...
  3. My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my...: My brand new Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller wont update in the Xbox Accessories App on my PC. When I load up Xbox Accessories on my PC, it says a controller update is required for my controller and when I begin updating it, it stays at 0%. I need help on solutions to fix...
  4. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  5. Xbox Series X Controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Series X Controller: I recently purchased a red wired xbox series X controller to play the new Halo game on my PC. But it won't connect; it shows up in my device manager but it does not show drivers or any way to install them.I tried to download the Xbox Accessories app to see if I could update...
  6. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  7. Xbox series x controller

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox series x controller: HiI bought a xbox series x controller yesterdayIt connected successfully to android and laptop via bluetooth but when i tried connecting it to desktop ot did not even appear in the listI updated its firmware via xbox accessories app but still its not workingPlz help...
  8. Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app: I just spent four hours trying to get my new XBOX ELITE 2 CONTROLLER to be recognized by the WINDOWS 10 XBOX ACCESSORIES APP and it refuses. The computer recognizes the controller but the XBOX ACCESSORIES APP does not. A thread from last year on the same topic was closed...
  9. xbox-accessories and third party controls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox-accessories and third party controls?: Does xbox-accessories for windows 10 work with third-party controls? specifically this: https://www.kromgaming.com/comandos/kaiser thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-and-third-party-controls/ba571933-d1e5-44c5-bcb8-1a90fbff4398
  10. xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller: hi my xbox accessories is not recognizing my xbox one controller. I have it plugged into a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-not-recognizing-my-xbox/5fc4dde4-1717-423a-96dd-def113fa63af