Windows 10: Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times

Discus and support Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When playing a game my XBOX headset connected to my PC via an XBOX One wireless adapter disconnects intermittently from my PC. The headset never seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tom_716, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Tom_716 Win User

Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times

When playing a game my XBOX headset connected to my PC via an XBOX One wireless adapter disconnects intermittently from my PC.

The headset never seems to disconnect at any other time.

At the time of disconnection a 10016 Warning message is logged in the Event Log.

I have tried applying a fix similar to the one mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-performance/error-event-id-10016-distributedcom/130522d2-beac-4495-980a-65e1e3279901

This is the warning I get.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

and APPID

{15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

to the user MYPC\User SID S-1-5-21-3698840465-4231202907-3816343921-1001 from address LocalHost Using LRPC running in the application container Unavailable SID Unavailable. This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Even after applying the fix the warning still appears which is very weird.

Both the CLSID and APPID in the registry are now owned by the Administrators group and have full control.

I have also allowed Local Activation on both the specific user mentioned in the warning and the Administrators group of which my user is a member for PerAppRuntimeBroker in Component Services.

Rebooting changes nothing.

I don't know if the warning is related but it is suspicious that the warning occurs exactly at the time of disconnection every time.

I believe the specific CLSID and APPID in this instance have something to do with steam however this also occurs when steam is not running while playing a non steam game.

It also only happens when the game window is active. It does not occur when the game is running in the background.

Furthermore I have disabled the ability for windows to turn off the xbox wireless adapter to save power in device manager.

:)

Tom_716, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You could achieve this if your sound card supports Stereo Mix. Try the steps listed below to play Surround Sound PC Speakers and Xbox One Gaming Headset at the same time and check if it works.

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      small icons.
    • Choose Sounds and set your Surround Sound PC Speakers
      as the Default device under Playback tab.
    • Go to Recording tab, right click on an empty space and select
      Show disconnected devices and Show disconnected devices.
    • Locate Stereo Mix, right click on it and
      enable the same.
    • Once Stereo Mix is enabled, right click on it and select
      Properties.
    • Go to Listen tab and check Listen to this device.
      Click on the Playback through this device dropdown menu and select your gaming headset.
    • Click on Apply > OK. Save the changes and restart the machine to see if it works.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 24, 2020
  3. How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?

How to play Surround Sound PC Speakers and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time? I know this function works for the xbox one. But when i tried to play both on my pc, it only plays either the wireless headset or the pc speakers. I want both. When I reached
    out to XBOX they informed me there. someone please halp

Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times f5157c6b-99b4-4093-a5d6-67aae76c7253?upload=true.png

destruction456, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times

xbox 360 remote disconnects from pc during game play

Hi Having issues with my xbox 360 remote disconnecting from my pc every few minutes and the reconnecting for a few minutes, this goes on for the entire time i am playing games

DeanLotter, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times

1. Xbox headset disconnects from PC when playing games. Is fine at all other times - Similar Threads - Xbox headset disconnects

2. My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game.: Hi,My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game. I have searched for other discussions on multiple sites and it seems like usually its the graphics card / graphics drivers or the PSU.I have made a clean install of windows from a bootable usb, formatting the drive...
  3. My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game.: Hi,My PC crashes all the time when playing any kind of game. I have searched for other discussions on multiple sites and it seems like usually its the graphics card / graphics drivers or the PSU.I have made a clean install of windows from a bootable usb, formatting the drive...
  4. Xbox One Controller disconnects when i play games (with adapter)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller disconnects when i play games (with adapter): Hi guys, as mentioned in the title, while i'm playing FIFA21 the controller disconnects. The funny thing is that if i am exploring the menu the controller works fine, as soon as i start a match it disconnects after a couple of mins or even less. I have already disabled the...
  5. Xbox controller disconnecting from pc on every game with game pass

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller disconnecting from pc on every game with game pass: I know this was a thing a few months back but I thought I saw that this was patched. Can someone please confirm that there is a patch or a new driver that I can use so this will stop happening to me. My bluetooth driver is from November 2020 I believe. Thx...
  6. xbox 360 remote disconnects from pc during game play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox 360 remote disconnects from pc during game play: Hi Having issues with my xbox 360 remote disconnecting from my pc every few minutes and the reconnecting for a few minutes, this goes on for the entire time i am playing games...
  7. Digital Xbox Games Play On PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Digital Xbox Games Play On PC: Hello! I own many digital versions of games on my xbox one that I would like to play on my pc, however I don't seem to be able to install them on my pc. Many of these games seem to be under the play anywhere promotion but I can't seem to find out how to download them. So far...
  8. headset decided to disconnect from the pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset decided to disconnect from the pc: I get a message saying scan my drive or usb how do I scan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb/1d979c35-f1c3-4a01-92e9-075058703c76
  9. How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?: How to play Surround Sound PC Speakers and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time? I know this function works for the xbox one. But when i tried to play both on my pc, it only plays either the wireless headset or the pc speakers. I want both. When I reached out to XBOX they...
  10. How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to play Surround Sound and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time?: How to play Surround Sound PC Speakers and Xbox One Gaming headset at the same time? I know this function works for the xbox one. But when i tried to play both on my pc, it only plays either the wireless headset or the pc speakers. I want both. When I reached out to XBOX they...