Windows 10: Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Discus and support Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to use the Xbox Stereo Headset on my desktop without using an xbox controller?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asian__KiD, May 25, 2019.

1. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Is there a way to use the Xbox Stereo Headset on my desktop without using an xbox controller?

:)

Asian__KiD, May 25, 2019

2. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, May 25, 2019
  3. headset with microphone

I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?

DynamicMite66, May 25, 2019
  4. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

1. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC - Similar Threads - Xbox Headset Microphone

2. Microphone on my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on my headset: The mic on my headset seems to not be recognized by my computer. My headset is a brand new Razer Kraken that plugs into a thx surround sound device which goes into my computer via usb. I have tried all troubleshoots and have set it to default in my computer....
  3. Not working microphone in my pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not working microphone in my pc: Hey! Actually i just got my gaming pc build andy microphone doesn't seems to work on windows 10 pro I asked the assumbler about it he said the problem must be in the motherboard! And then i called a person from service centre he dint knew what to do . And sometimes when i...
  4. Headset Microphone not working.

Headset Microphone not working.: My headset mic isn't being detected in any voice chat. And my laptop has been using the laptop mic instead which all you hear is a fan buzzing. I tried using the Set Up Microphone by going to Recording and clicking on microphone then configure. I've tried using that but the...
  5. Headset/microphone

Headset/microphone: I give up. For years I have been trying to get my headset/mic to work. No matter what I do I can't get my P.C. to recognize the fact that I have a headset with a mic. When I try using an aux splitter it doesn't recognize the headset whatsoever. Any help would be apreciated as...
  6. Headset Microphone Not Working

Headset Microphone Not Working: Hello Everyone, Recently I got a gaming headset but upon plugging in the headset my microphone jack, I realized my computer was not picking up audio from the headset mic. I have looked through other forums but I still cannot find a solution to this problem. I have looked at...
  7. PC not recognizing headset microphone

PC not recognizing headset microphone: I just recently bought a Cyberpower PC with windows ten installed. I tried to use my built in headset mic to talk with my friends on discord, but it wasn't recognized. I have a turtle beach recon. I reinstalled the drivers, and it still says that there is no microphone...
  8. The microphone on my headset isn't working.

The microphone on my headset isn't working.: I have turtle beach headphones that I plug into my acer computer with an audio jack. Sound goes through the headset fine but my computer doesn't recognize the microphone on my headset therefore using the default microphone on the computer. When I go to troubleshoot the...
  9. headset with microphone

headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...
  10. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I have a pic that allows both a headphone and mic connection. I went through troubleshooting and everything checks fine. The computer recognizes the mic and is registering sound output, but as soon as I go to record or talk to other people, they hear nothing. It's not just...