Windows 10: Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Discus and support Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there a way to use the Xbox Stereo Headset on my desktop without using an xbox controller?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Asian__KiD, May 25, 2019.

1. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Is there a way to use the Xbox Stereo Headset on my desktop without using an xbox controller?

:)

Asian__KiD, May 25, 2019

2. Headsets microphone not working

Hi,

To better assist you, we would like to ask some questions for clarification to know the best possible resolution to offer.

• Were you able to use the microphone of your headset before on your computer?
    • If yes, can you try if the microphone of the headset would work on a different computer?
    • Does the port for the jack on your computer is capable of supporting microphone?

We look forward to your

Jarius Tol, May 25, 2019
  3. headset with microphone

I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?

DynamicMite66, May 25, 2019
  4. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

Headset not working

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For further clarity on the issue and to guide you accordingly, respond to the questions listed below:

1. What is the make and model of the headset?
    2. What is the make and model of the PC?
    3. Have you tried using the headset in a different audio port?
    4. Have you tried using the headset on a different PC?

As you have mentioned you have tried some steps, may I know, what are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?

Also, if you are using a headset with built in Microphone, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Right click on the Speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screen.
    2. Click on Sounds and under
      Recording
      Devices select the Microphone.
    3. Click on Properties and select
      Listen
      tab.
    4. Check the box Listen to this device.
    5. Now select the Default Playback Device under
      Playback through this device menu.
    6. Click on Apply and then OK.
    7. Click on OK.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 25, 2019
Thema:

Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC

1. Xbox Headset Microphone not working on my PC - Similar Threads - Xbox Headset Microphone

2. Microphone on Headset not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone on Headset not working: So I've been using a pair of sony Wh-1000xM3's with my computer for a while now and all of a sudden windows stopped recognizing the built-in microphone on it. it recognizes when a device has been plugged in via headphone jack and I can hear out of the headphones but the...
  3. Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Headset Adapter on PC - Microphone Crash: Hi all Firstly, i want to say that i have tried this using an older Xbox Controller with the headset adapter, as well as using a new Xbox Controller with an aux input. I downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and have updated all the firmware and drivers too. So heres the...
  4. headset microphone not working

headset microphone not working: Hello everyone, after googling and troubleshooting the whole morning I've decided to ask here... I just received a pair of Sennheiser gsp 301 has 2 seperate jacks and the microphone is not working properly on my laptop. The mic only picks up sound if stuck it against my...
  5. Headset Microphone Not Working

Headset Microphone Not Working: I recently received a pare of steelseries ARCTIS 3 headphones. I plugged them into my computer using the splitting cable to plug into the mic and audio ports on the front of my PC. The device is recognized, and the audio works well. However, there is no sound coming from the...
  6. Headsets microphone is not working

Headsets microphone is not working: I purchased a headset that comes with a 3.5mm jack, I have tried plugging it into both the pink and green jack but only the sound works both times. I have to almost shout to even get the smallest amount of detection in Windows Sound for my microphone. I am rather confused...
  7. My headset microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My headset microphone is not working: I'm having a problem with my USB headset microphone (HyperX Cloud II), idk what's wrong i checked device manager to see if it was disabled for some reason or if it needed a driver update, I checked windows sound settings to see if anyone was weird about the microphone, I...
  8. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I recently bought a PC for gaming. Whenever I plug my headset into it, I can hear just fine but cannot talk. Looking in sound control panel, my headset has a "speakers" icon and is called speakers. Clicking on the recording tab in sound control panel, I dont even see my...
  9. Headset Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Headset Microphone not working.: My headset mic isn't being detected in any voice chat. And my laptop has been using the laptop mic instead which all you hear is a fan buzzing. I tried using the Set Up Microphone by going to Recording and clicking on microphone then configure. I've tried using that but the...
  10. Headset microphone not working

Headset microphone not working: I have a pic that allows both a headphone and mic connection. I went through troubleshooting and everything checks fine. The computer recognizes the mic and is registering sound output, but as soon as I go to record or talk to other people, they hear nothing. It's not just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox headset mic not working on pc

2. xbox headset pc driver

3. drivers for xbox headset

4. PC xbox one controller microphone not working,
  5. xbox controller headset not working on pc,
  6. can i use a xbox headset on pc with mic,
  7. xbox headset on pc mic not working,
  8. windows 10 pc wont recognize xbox headset through controller,
  9. headset mic wont work through xbox controller on pc,
  10. xbox headset not working windows 10,
  11. using an xbox headset on windows 10,