Windows 10: XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

Discus and support XBox install gaming overlay error daily- in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rose W, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Rose W Win User

XBox install gaming overlay error daily-

I don't use or have anything to do with XBox. In fact I have no idea what it is. I'm assuming now that it is a gaming software. The constant error for the past month of June and to date displayed in relmonitor is :
    'Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800700B7: 9NZKPSTSNW4P-Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay.'

I found the powershell administrative level commands to uninstall Xbox in the forum tutorials.
    (To remove Xbox app from all current accounts on PC)
    powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage"

So although I have never installed this xbox I'm interpreting that this command is to remove it from the list of items that are possible to install.
    Will this signal to Microsoft to stop downloading the gaming overlay item?
    Should this command be run as well
    'powershell -command "Get-appxpackage -allusers *Microsoft.XboxGamingOverlay* | Remove-AppxPackage"

:)

Rose W, Jul 9, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Radeon Overlay not displaying all options

Ok, I got a question. The options to hide the overlay are confusing. What are the steps to turn on the overlay in-game? Not interested in logging much at the moment. Is Alt-R part of turning it on/off?

Sasqui, Jul 9, 2019
  3. NFSJAY Win User
    Recorded gameplay using Xbox Game Bar only shows black screen with audio?

I am on the apps list but I do not see "Game Bar". Is it equivalent to Xbox Gaming Overlay?

NFSJAY, Jul 9, 2019
  4. davefaz Win User

Invasive Game Overlay

With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see, however, there is no way to disable it?

davefaz, Jul 9, 2019
Thema:

1. XBox install gaming overlay error daily- - Similar Threads - XBox install gaming

2. installing xbox game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    installing xbox game: from microsoft store (xbox)to(laptop) can I install it onto my laptop I downloaded xbox console companion and I bought the game from micosoft store for xbox but would like to play it on my laptop...
  3. Game install error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Game install error: Hi guys, i'm trying to install Mortal Kombat X but it gives me a error: Decompression Failed with code -7, pls help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/game-install-error/dc99790f-335f-464c-9c50-eeb52a6cbe0f"
  4. Tripeaks not working on daily game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tripeaks not working on daily game: 2 years of daily game no problems....now 4 days ago....Tripeaks will not on the daily game...Help.... Tried everything...uninstall/install....updates...cleaned cache....talked to 3 x box people and 4 Microsoft people no luck. Anything you can thi k of I have done...Any...
  5. Game DVR - XBOX - Error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game DVR - XBOX - Error?: My gaming DVR is no longer working. Now I can not record more, because, it appears error that could not record that is to try again later What can I do? I have a gameplay channel and I need this....
  6. Ultimate Word Games Daily Challenges

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ultimate Word Games Daily Challenges: Ultimate Word Games is no longer loading daily challenge data. I have uninstalled, re-started the computer & re-installed. The app spent some time synchronising after re-installation. Wordament, Jumble & Crosswords data is intact....
  7. overlay

in Windows 10 Customization
    overlay: its actually two questions I just bought a new comp it cam with win 1o don't like it can I install 8 or 7 over it 2. I thought micro came out with a fix just to change windows 10 desk top back to the old style <Moved from Windows Insider forum>...
  8. Invasive Game Overlay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invasive Game Overlay: With the recent anniversary patch the XBox Game Overlay pops up now whenever I play some games that have nothing to do with Microsoft. I find this kind of thing extremely annoying, I didn't ask for this and don't want this overlay running on my PC. From what I can see,...
  9. Microsoft daily challenge games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft daily challenge games: As of today, when I try to do the daily challenges of Majong and the Solitaire collection I get as far as clicking on the actual puzzle but when I click on it I get a white screen. No game on either. I can however, go an individual game (not within the challenge) with no...
  10. Screen gets a red overlay in games and videos.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Screen gets a red overlay in games and videos.: Yello. My screen turns red/gets a red overlay only when I put stuff in fullscreen mode. Haven't had any problems with the graphics otherwise, I do know that my screen is a bit extreme and that it might explain some of my issues but I don't understand it. My screen is an...