Windows 10: Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked")

Discus and support Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked") in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Today, for some reason, I started having issues downloading and playing online multiplayer games from the Microsoft Store (launched directly from it or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EeK09, May 10, 2020.

1. /u/EeK09 Win User

Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked")

Today, for some reason, I started having issues downloading and playing online multiplayer games from the Microsoft Store (launched directly from it or via the Xbox app).

Checked Xbox Networking, under Settings > Gaming: "NAT Type" had the message "Teredo is unable to qualify", and "Server Connectivity" was listed as "Blocked".

After some googling and troubleshooting, I found out that:

1. Teredo was disabled ("DisabledComponents REG_DWORD 0x8e" showed up after running "reg query HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesiphlpsvcTeredo" in Command Prompt);
    2. Teredo state was "offline" (when running "netsh interface Teredo show state").

I fixed the issue by:

1. Re-enabling Teredo through this Command Prompt line: "reg add HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesTcpip6Parameters /v DisabledComponents /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0";
    2. Running the following command to enable Teredo tunneling: "netsh interface teredo set state type=enterpriseclient", and also configuring the Set Teredo State Group Policy (Computer Configuration > Policies > Administrative Templates > Network > TCPIP Settings > IPV6 Transition Technologies > Set Teredo State > Enterprise Client).
    Questions: are there are any downsides to having the Teredo state set to Enterprise Client, instead of its default value? Is this "fix" acceptable?

I still have no idea what caused the issue. I very recently downloaded Streets of Rage 4 from the Microsoft Store (via Xbox Game Pass) and played it online without any problems. Even today, I was able to join and create parties with my friends, and voice chat with them (which is supposed to be impossible with a restricted NAT and blocked server connectivity).

I'm on Windows 1909, with everything up-to-date. I do have a VPN software installed (which, according to some articles, may cause issues with Teredo), but I've had it for months, and not only have I not used it in a while, I even disabled all of its automatic services - including auto-updates. So, no modifications were made to my system, between the time everything was working fine (a few days agos) and earlier today.

submitted by /u/EeK09
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EeK09, May 10, 2020
  2. nap4lm69 Win User

Xbox app on PC - "Teredo is unable to qualify"

Hello,

The problem I am having is that the Xbox app on Windows 10 shows the NAT Type as :Teredo is unable to qualify.

However the problem actually seems to be a disconnect between Teredo and the app, as shown below:

Type : natawareclient

Server Name : win10.ipv6.microsoft.com

Client Refresh Interval : 20 seconds

Client Port : unspecified

State : qualified

Client Type : teredo host-specific relay

Network : unmanaged

NAT : cone

NAT Special Behaviour : UPNP: Yes, PortPreserving: Yes

Local Mapping : 192.168.1.XXX:56398

External NAT Mapping : XXX.XX.XX.XXX:56398

Numbers changed for security reasons

Xbox App network status

Internet Connection : Connected

Xbox Live Services : Up and running

Xbox Multiplayer:

NAT type :Teredo is unable to qualify

Server connectivity : Blocked

Performance:

Latency :Not available

Packet Loss : Blocked

I have already completed all the recommended steps from the following two links:

Xbox Support

Xbox Support

Tony

nap4lm69, May 10, 2020
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Teredo unable to qualify

Hi JayKay,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol, or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling
    Teredo functionality. If you haven’t tried the methods listed in the following articles yet, I would suggest you to try them first and see if it works:

Note:

Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry
    if a problem occurs. To backup and restore registry key, refer to this
    link.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to
    uninstall
    and re-install the Xbox app to see if you can get it to work.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose Windows PowerShell (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the following command and hit Enter:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    • Reboot the computer once the command is executed.
    • Once the machine restarts, launch Microsoft Store and reinstall the Xbox app.

After reinstalling the Xbox app, open Windows PowerShell (Admin)
    again and copy paste the following command to enable Teredo.

netsh interface Teredo set state type=default

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 10, 2020
  4. Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked")

XBOX: Teredo is unable to qualify

Hi Will,

The Teredo is unable to qualify error means that your PC is unable to obtain a Teredo IP address.
    Failure to obtain a Teredo IP address can occur when there’s an issue with your Teredo adapter, when a device on your network is blocking the Teredo protocol or if there’s software installed on your PC that’s disabling Teredo functionality. Without
    a Teredo IP address, you’ll be unable to use party chat or do multiplayer gaming on Xbox Live.

To resolve your concern, you may follow the provided solutions on this
    link

If the issue persists, you may perform the additional troubleshooting steps provided on this

link

Should you need further assistance, you can reply to this post anytime.

If you think this was helpful, you may "mark it as answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Loraine Mon, May 10, 2020
Thema:

Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked")

1. Xbox Networking issues ("Teredo is unable to qualify", "Server Connectivity Blocked") - Similar Threads - Xbox Networking issues

2. Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo adapter unable to qualify in xbox networking NAt type: I have tried absolutely everything I have found on the internet. Everything. I am losing my mind. Registry edit did nothing. IP helper is working. It does not appear in device manager with show hidden devices. The add legacy hardware in device manager does not show a teredo...
  3. Teredo not qualified and server connectivity blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Teredo not qualified and server connectivity blocked.: I've been having this problem with the Xbox networking that Teredo is unable to qualify and that the server connectivity is blocked. I've had this problem for a few months now and I've tried a lot to fix it. I Have checked services for IP helper and xbox live networking...
  4. Xbox networking "server connectivity blocked" issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox networking "server connectivity blocked" issue: Hey guys, my NAT is fine, it's the server connectivity that's having issues. I contacted Microsoft and xbox but both of them couldn't help me since everything they suggested didn't work. I tried every possible solution/fix on the internet, i watched every video, i tried every...
  5. Teredo Blocked or Unable to qualify.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Teredo Blocked or Unable to qualify.: I keep getting this when I try to connect to Xbox services, this prevents me from playing Xbox live games with my friends, which I really want to do. [ATTACH]T...
  6. Teredo unable to qualify issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Teredo unable to qualify issue: I just updated from 1909 to 2004 version and can't get my NAT type to be open. I can't play online games via Xbox app because of this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/teredo-unable-to-qualify-issue/1396e7b3-058a-4eeb-83b6-1f51acfe9840
  7. Xbox Networking - "Teredo is unable to qualify"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Xbox Networking - "Teredo is unable to qualify": Hello, I have an issue with Windows 10 that is not allowing me to join Xbox parties. I have tried everything on this guide: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Hardware-Network/connect-network/troubleshoot-party-chat and I have checked my internet router settings. At this...
  8. Teredo is unable to qualify (networking or xbox live error)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Teredo is unable to qualify (networking or xbox live error): Hi friends, I bought the xbox game pass for PC yesterdayand tried to play Sea of Thieves however I could not connect to xbox live! I checked Xbox Networking and received the notice: Teredo is unable to qualify & Server Connectivity: Blocked. I used the fix it option,...
  9. Xbox Console Companion - Teredo is unable to qualify and now server connectivity is blocked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Console Companion - Teredo is unable to qualify and now server connectivity is blocked.: Firstly, I just want to say that this is sort of a mix of two problems, that I believe are connected. For roughly the past year and a half, when using the Windows 10 Xbox App, it would tell me that Teredo is unable to qualify. In the past I have been able to temporarily fix...
  10. Teredo is unable to qualify in the network of xbox app,your network settings are blocking...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teredo is unable to qualify in the network of xbox app,your network settings are blocking...: hello I have found this error 2-3 weeks ago when i was trying to join my friends party to use game chat.But it comes up with this "your network settings are blocking party chat [0x89231906."so then i go into the network settings and this error comes up,I have tried all the...