Windows 10: Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa Enabled Devices

Discus and support Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa Enabled Devices in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Here at Team Xbox, we’ve had a long history in offering voice controls as a way to interact with your Xbox console through Kinect and headsets. Today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa Enabled Devices

Source: Expanding Xbox Voice Commands to Hundreds of Millions of Smart Devices: Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa-Enabled Devices - Xbox Wire

Tweet

— Twitter API (@user) View on Twiiter

:)

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Hey Cortana, open Alexa: Microsoft and Amazon collaboration

Source: Hey Cortana, open Alexa: Microsoft and Amazon’s first-of-its-kind collaboration - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Lonnie_L Win User
    Cortana is now available on your Amazon Echo device

Cortana already helps you with stay on top of your email, calendar, and your to-do list or your PC.
    Microsoft has recently announced that you can now also use Cortana to do the same tasks on your Amazon Echo device.
    (Note: This feature is currently only available to US customers.)

Read all about it on the IA Blog.

Here are some tips for how to use Cortana on your Alexa device:

Getting started

For the best experience, first connect your email and calendar service to Cortana through
    the Notebook

To enable the Cortana skill in your Alexa app:

1. Sign into your Alexa account at http://alexa.amazon.com.

2. Use the Skills menu to search for Cortana.

3. Follow the instructions on the Cortana skill page to enable the skill.

Things to try

Once the Cortana skill is enabled in your Alexa app, just say "Alexa, open Cortana."

Then try some of these commands, or any other of your favorite Cortana skills*:

• "Cortana, do I have any new emails?"
    • "Cortana, what's my first appointment tomorrow?"
    • “Cortana, add ‘Buy flowers’ to my to-do list.”
    *Not all skills are currently supported. Skills that require streaming audio, such as music, or skills that require local device controls, such as alarms and timers, are not yet ready, but we are working on adding additional
    skills.

Give feedback

Your feedback will help us improve the experience. To submit feedback on the Cortana experience on your Echo device:

1. Open your Cortana app on your iOS or Android phone, or soon on Windows.

2. Navigate to the Device list.

3. Select Amazon Alexa devices.

4. In the History tab, find the Conversation card on which you want to submit feedback.

5. Click the dropdown arrow in the card and select Give detailed feedback.

6. Enter your feedback and press Send.

Lonnie_L, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Fouquin Win User

Acer the First in the Industry to Ship Notebooks with Amazon Alexa

I wonder if you can get Alexa and Cortana to argue with eachother...

Fouquin, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Xbox Now Connects with Cortana and Alexa Enabled Devices - Similar Threads - Xbox Connects Cortana

2. is cortana better than alexa

in Cortana
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  3. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is cortana better than alexa: I need to set up Cortana or Alexa I know which one to use https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-cortana-better-than-alexa/415fa570-41d8-4a86-92e1-423af2e72035
  4. is cortana better than alexa

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Alexa connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alexa connection issue: Anybody know how to connect an Alexa echo to laptop as I have tried everything to connect to it but it won’t connect. I went on the Alexa app to try and connect it. It has a memory of the laptop but won’t connect. It says it has a driver error but I don’t know what to do. I...
  6. Alexa connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alexa connection issue: Anybody know how to connect an Alexa echo to laptop as I have tried everything to connect to it but it won’t connect. I went on the Alexa app to try and connect it. It has a memory of the laptop but won’t connect. It says it has a driver error but I don’t know what to do. I...
  7. cortana is it being replace by alexa

in Cortana
    cortana is it being replace by alexa: hi Microsoft is Cortana being replace by Alexa , in when is it coming to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-it-being-replace-by-alexa/ddb4b51e-7a7d-4ea6-85e2-e2a3279ab344"
  8. cortana is it being replace by alexa

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    cortana is it being replace by alexa: hi Microsoft is Cortana being replace by Alexa , in when is it coming to window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cortana-is-it-being-replace-by-alexa/ddb4b51e-7a7d-4ea6-85e2-e2a3279ab344
  9. Xbox Skill lets you control Xbox One using Amazon Alexa and Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Skill lets you control Xbox One using Amazon Alexa and Cortana: [ATTACH] Alexa, the cloud-based voice service from Amazon will get the ability to control Microsoft Xbox One. As we know, the gaming device already supports Cortana. The same functionality would be extended to Alexa through various Echo devices, like the Amazon [...] This...
  10. Skype calling now available on Amazon Alexa devices

in Windows 10 News
    Skype calling now available on Amazon Alexa devices: At Skype, our mission has always been to bring people together—to make it easier for friends and families to be there for one another—wherever they may be. With that in mind, we’re investing in new ways for you to connect in the most human way possible—by simply using your...