Windows 10: XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update

Discus and support XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My XBox One Wireless Adapter stopped working immediately after updating to the latest version of Windows. We've tried a different adapter, multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GnomishNinja, Sep 12, 2020.

1. XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update

My XBox One Wireless Adapter stopped working immediately after updating to the latest version of Windows.

We've tried a different adapter, multiple USB ports, and tried both adapters on a different machine with the recent update and they didn't update on the other machine either.

The drivers are missing in the device manager on both PCs so I can't try to auto update. Would appreciate any assistance with this as I use an Arctis 9X headset and an XBox Wireless controller on PC and I'm basically dead in the water when this one device doesn't work.

ETA: System Restore Point and rolling back the update has failed on both machines. :

Thanks.

:)

GnomishNinja, Sep 12, 2020

2. Xbox Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Michael,

As you are facing with Xbox wireless adapter I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps from the link below and check if it helps.

Xbox Support

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 12, 2020
  3. Can't install xbox wireless adapter drivers on windows 10.

Hi Louis,

I understand that some steps ae done to try to resolve this issue and that you have tried downloading the drivers from the Microsoft Update Catalog. For us to help you in resolving this issue, may we ask you to do the following?

• Unplug the XBOX cable from the computer.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Plug in the XBOX cable and check if it will try to install the adapter.

If the above step won't work, I suggest you to follow the suggestions by
    Andre Da Costa
    in below article and check if it resolves the issue.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Kindly provide us update on this issue.

Carmela Ric, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Naresh_K Win User

XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update

Xbox One Wireless Adapters stopped working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue can occur, if your wireless drivers are not up to date. So kindly update the wireless(Bluetooth/Wi-Fi) drivers for Computer and then try to reconnect the Xbox controller. Here is an article to help you:
    Update drivers in Windows 10.

Also please help us with the following information so that we have a better understanding of the issue:

1. What is the make and model number of your computer?
    2. Are you able to locate the controller wirelessly?
    3. Are you getting any error message, when you are trying to connect?

Meanwhile here are some articles with the steps to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Troubleshoot your Xbox 360 controller for Windows
    2. The Xbox Adaptive Controller won’t connect to my Xbox or PC
    3. Connect and troubleshoot Bluetooth on your Xbox One Wireless
      Controller

Please write back so that we can help you better.

Naresh_K, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update

1. XBox One Adapters Stopped Working after Windows Update - Similar Threads - XBox Adapters Stopped

2. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  3. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working: Been using this for around a year and it has suddenly stopped working. I have tried all the troubleshooting tips I've found, but nothing has resolved my issue. The device doesn't show up in the device manager and doesn't light up when plugged in as it used to....
  4. Xbox wireless adapter for windows suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One controller stops working intermittently after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller stops working intermittently after updating to Windows 11: Hi,I updated my laptop to Windows 11 sometime last year in October. Prior to that, my Xbox One Controller was working okay but not perfectly. Now that issue has become an irritant. My controller spontaneously disconnects and reconnects during gameplay. Some investigation...
  6. Xbox One controller stops working intermittently after updating to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controller stops working intermittently after updating to Windows 11: Hi,I updated my laptop to Windows 11 sometime last year in October. Prior to that, my Xbox One Controller was working okay but not perfectly. Now that issue has become an irritant. My controller spontaneously disconnects and reconnects during gameplay. Some investigation...
  7. Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.

Xbox one wireless adapter for windows.: Since the update yesterday my system has stopped recognizing the driver for my adapter and none of the normal steps searching for it on the computer, deleting, rebooting, and letting it reinstall, and trying different usb slots have worked. I mentioned this on twitter and one...
  8. Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cast to device - Xbox one stopped working after Windows update: So Cast to Device for my xbox has just stopped working after the update yesterday which is infuriating as it feels like after every update something else goes wrong. I try to cast to xbox like normal and rather than opening the Films & TV app on the xbox, it just sends me to...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Adapters stopped working on Windows 10

Xbox One Wireless Adapters stopped working on Windows 10: So I own both the older and newer version of the Xbox wireless adapters. I tried to connect to them today, and neither adapter works, even after uninstalling, restarting, and reinstalling, and neither my two Elite controllers or 6 Xbox One controllers work, which is very...
  10. Xbox One Controller adapter not working

Xbox One Controller adapter not working: I recently purchased an xbox one controller and the wireless adapter for windows. A few days ago I went to use the device, only to find that the driver some how no longer works. My system is up to date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Windows tells me this:...