Windows 10: Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Discus and support Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, hope soneone can help with this driving me a bit loopy to say the least!! i have two machines desktop windows 10 & windows 10 laptop Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by johnnyboy111111, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Hi all,

hope soneone can help with this driving me a bit loopy to say the least!!

i have two machines desktop windows 10 & windows 10 laptop

Xbox one adaptor been working fine on my desktop for ages suddenly it stopped working...it now longer can see the controller..

heres what i have tried

1. Uninstall the drivers completely right click uninstalled from device manager and uninstall drivers, downloaded the driver from windows catalog and installed again

2. Went to add bluetooth device in control panel, the white light flashes i obviously phe controller i. Pairinv mode the adaptor does not pick it up..

3. I have tried just pressing the butom on top of the usb adaptor and it still doesnt pick it up

4. Tried different xbox controller no joy

5. Tried all 5 usb ports no joy...

anything else?? Well i have a laptop as mentioned plug the usb in there same versions of windows 10 works wonders!!!!!

Now you probably thing faulty usb ports well its not because i have a VR head set in some ports and works fine i can also hardwire in the xbox controller and works ok now in any usb ports

please please tell me another thing to do?!?

As far as other people have had similar problems but not tried it on a laptop lol... it might be an update that has caused it?? Im not re-installing windows as some else has done!!!

seems silly £30 usb stick that only works on one but not the other!!

there must be a solution to this ?!? Any reg keys

to delete??

:)

johnnyboy111111, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

1. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!! - Similar Threads - Xbox adaptor works

2. Xbox one remote not working properly with some games (PC)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox one remote not working properly with some games (PC): I bought a xbox one wireless controller (bluetooth one), but some games are unplayable and im on my wits end. Playing Battleblock Theatre has usually been okay, but for instance GTA IV or Terraria it might work for a few minutes, and then sproadically some buttons start to...
  3. Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc: Hello, im having a really hard time connecting my xbox one controller to my PC via bluetooth. The controller works fine when i plug it in with a usb wire. so my pc didnt have bluetooth so i ordered a csr 4.0 usb bluetooth adapter, i have it plugged in and driver is...
  4. Joystick works on laptop but not on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Joystick works on laptop but not on pc: I have recently bought a joystick, it works perfectly on my laptop but on my pc it becomes unspecified and the inputs don't work (both my laptop and pc have been formatted)...
  5. joystick xbox one su pc

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    joystick xbox one su pc: buongiorno, ho scaricato forza horizon 4 e gears of war 4 dallo store microsoft su pc ma con nessuno dei 2 giochi viene rilevato il joystick della one collegato con chiavetta wireless, ho altri giochi da steam o origin e tutti funzionano alla perfezione. come posso risolvere?...
  6. Teredo adaptor not on Windows 10 PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Teredo adaptor not on Windows 10 PC's: Hi, i have followed dozens of threads/helps about the Teredo Tunnelling Adaptor not being installed on certain PC's and every time someone answers they are NOT understanding the issue. Nearly all explain how to install it from Device Manager/Add Legacy Device ect ect ect....
  7. Drivers for Xbox one controller not on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers for Xbox one controller not on PC: So I was looking through a thread about controller drivers and there is suppose to be one in sound and controllers, but it want there when I checked for myself i have an xbox one controller that can connect to my pc with bluetooth, but is having some problems when playing...
  8. Xbox one controller- cannot connect with a PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller- cannot connect with a PC: Hi, I need help with connect my xbox one s controller (white) with PC. Case: - new bluetooth pad (yes, it's not the version with plastic around "X" which hasn't bluetooth) - it works normally via microusb - I've purchased bluetooth 4.0 dongle, I plugged in to my pc and it...
  9. xbox one file sharing with PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    xbox one file sharing with PC: Hello I am not talking about streaming but rather the ability to view the XBOX one on the network within windows explorer. Can you view the XBOX in this way like it was another PC and drag and drop files onto it's HD from the PC and vice versa? Streaming is great and all...
  10. Microsoft is working on streaming PC games to Xbox One

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on streaming PC games to Xbox One: Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system debuts today, enabling Xbox One game streaming to PCs. While that's a neat feature for Xbox One owners, Microsoft is working on streaming PC games to Xbox One consoles too. In an interview with The Verge, Microsoft's head of Xbox, Phil...