Windows 10: Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Discus and support Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, hope soneone can help with this driving me a bit loopy to say the least!! i have two machines desktop windows 10 & windows 10 laptop Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by johnnyboy111111, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Hi all,

hope soneone can help with this driving me a bit loopy to say the least!!

i have two machines desktop windows 10 & windows 10 laptop

Xbox one adaptor been working fine on my desktop for ages suddenly it stopped working...it now longer can see the controller..

heres what i have tried

1. Uninstall the drivers completely right click uninstalled from device manager and uninstall drivers, downloaded the driver from windows catalog and installed again

2. Went to add bluetooth device in control panel, the white light flashes i obviously phe controller i. Pairinv mode the adaptor does not pick it up..

3. I have tried just pressing the butom on top of the usb adaptor and it still doesnt pick it up

4. Tried different xbox controller no joy

5. Tried all 5 usb ports no joy...

anything else?? Well i have a laptop as mentioned plug the usb in there same versions of windows 10 works wonders!!!!!

Now you probably thing faulty usb ports well its not because i have a VR head set in some ports and works fine i can also hardwire in the xbox controller and works ok now in any usb ports

please please tell me another thing to do?!?

As far as other people have had similar problems but not tried it on a laptop lol... it might be an update that has caused it?? Im not re-installing windows as some else has done!!!

seems silly £30 usb stick that only works on one but not the other!!

there must be a solution to this ?!? Any reg keys

to delete??

:)

johnnyboy111111, Sep 6, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Sep 6, 2019
  3. Darshan J Win User
    Connecting Xbox to PC

Hello,

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Which version of windows is running on your system?

Suggest you to follow below steps and check if you are able to connect your Xbox to your Computer.

• Sign in to your Xbox Live account using your Microsoft login credentials
    • Verify that your Xbox One is connected to the same network as your Windows PC
    • Power on your Xbox One.
    • Press the “Menu” button on your Xbox controller and select “Settings.”
    • Select “Preferences” and place a checkmark next to “Allow streaming to other devices.”
    • Connecting Xbox and PC.
    • Click on “Connect” on the Xbox app on your Windows 10 PC
    • Select the name of your Xbox One console
    • Connect an Xbox One controller to your PC using a USB cable
    • Click on “Stream,” then select the Xbox game you want to play on your PC
    • Click on “Play from console”.
    If you are looking for more information on Xbox, you can post your query in dedicated Xbox forum for better assistance. Refer to the link below which guides you to Xbox forum.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/console/connect-xbox-360-console-tv

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance on windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Darshan J, Sep 6, 2019
  4. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Sep 6, 2019
Thema:

Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!!

1. Xbox one adaptor on PC works on laptop but not PC!! - Similar Threads - Xbox adaptor works

2. Xbox one controller not working on new pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller not working on new pc: So i have an issue with trying to pair my xbox one controller via bluetooth, when looking for bluetooth devices it doesn't show up in the list while the xbox symbol is blinking rapidly. I already looked up some stuff and none of them worked so far: I tried turning of and...
  3. Xbox one controller not working on pc Wired

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller not working on pc Wired: i dont have any bluetooth features in my pc so im forced to use a wired connection but even that doesnt work. my controller is just in a sync state and turns back off while my pc doesnt even recognize it at all, but my controller is powered. dont say any of the obvious fixes...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC

Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC: I use my controller fairly regularly on games, and recently when I plugged in my controller via usb cable, the controller vibrates but does not turn on. I've tried using other USB ports, cables, and controllers to no avail. I've checked my device management too, and it does...
  5. Xbox One Stream to pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Stream to pc: I have a high speed router like pretty much everyone these days if i want to stream over a local area wireless connection it should be flawless Internet is irrelevent.. How do i stream without this weird garbage of sending my signal via the internet and causing **** delays...
  6. Xbox One controller stopped working on PC

Xbox One controller stopped working on PC: Hey guys, I've been using a controller on my PC for a couple months but it has suddenly stopped connecting. Usually it vibrates and the controller turns on automatically but now it vibrates once and doesn't turn on. When i turn it on it just isn't recognized on my PC....
  7. Xbox One controller not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not working on PC: I've had this problem for a while, but even after getting a new computer I still find that my Xbox One controller doesn't work with either of my PCs. Changing USB wires does nothing and my drivers are up to date. Weirdly it vibrates when plugged in, but nothing happens...
  8. Mirroring PC to Xbox one (no wifi on PC)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirroring PC to Xbox one (no wifi on PC): Hello all, I am looking to mirror/cast games (mainly jackbox so lag isn’t super important) from my PC upstairs to my Xbox one downstairs. I know there’s the wireless display app but the best I could find was that the pc need to be wireless. Which it is not. Anyone have any...
  9. Xbox One Kinect not working on PC

Xbox One Kinect not working on PC: Hey there! I am here asking a questions about my Kinect. It shows up in my devices tab in the settings but before it did that it kept on disconnect and reconnecting. I tried plugging in the adapter to my laptop and the kinect worked perfectly fine on there but when I...
  10. Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows

Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows: I have connected in the above adaptor since reinstalling the latest version of windows and the PC is failing to recognise the device as being plugged in. It isn't appearing in device manager and no new device notification plays when it is connected. I have tried it in...