Windows 10: Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages

Discus and support Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, i'm fed up with this horrible app. I've tried using it since it was released and not once has it been working correctly. Sending and retrieving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dat Geek, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Dat Geek Win User

Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages

So, i'm fed up with this horrible app.

I've tried using it since it was released and not once has it been working correctly. Sending and retrieving messages have been bugged since the very start. There is absolutely nothing wrong on anyone's PC, this is just a horribly designed app that is designed to work on the most horribly designed network ever.

What exactly is being done to fix this app for Windows?

My Windows is legit. It is updated regularly. All drivers are up-to-date. My internet has no issues.

:)

Dat Geek, Jan 4, 2019

2. Not being able to send messages in xbox windows app

Hello Rimr,

We understand that you're experiencing an issue involving being able to send messages through the Xbox App on Windows 10.

Our suggestion here as it has to do with the account verification are the following steps:

Have you tried to uninstall/re-install the Xbox App?

Here are steps below on how to uninstall and reinstall Xbox app:

1. Click Start, and then type Windows PowerShell on the search box.

2. Right-click, and then select Run as administrator.

3. Type the following command to uninstall Xbox app: Get-AppxPackage
    *xboxapp*| Remove-AppxPackage

4. Hit Enter.

Launch Windows Store and download Xbox App.

Try this and let us know if this works.

Best wishes!

XBF Javier R, Jan 4, 2019
  3. regan1985 Win User
    Instant Messaging with Windows Live Messenger Comes to Xbox 360

one more step closer to the xbox having its own windows os!!

regan1985, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages

cant send message to friends on xbox one

Hi,

We'll need to clarify a few things to pinpoint the cause of the issue. Could you answer these questions so we can help you better?

• Do you receive any error prompts when trying to send messages?
    • Which instant messaging app are you using?
    • Are you able to send messages to people who are not on Xbox One?

We'll be waiting for your response. Thank you.

Jairit Bet, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages

1. Xbox One App on Windows: Can't send or retrieve messages - Similar Threads - Xbox App Can't

2. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Retrieve One Note: I did a cloning awhile back and I was locked out of my Windows account for 30 days. Once that was over and I could get back in, I could not find where my recent One Note files are. I say recent because all that I've been able to find are old files from years ago which are...
  3. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Retrieve One Note: I did a cloning awhile back and I was locked out of my Windows account for 30 days. Once that was over and I could get back in, I could not find where my recent One Note files are. I say recent because all that I've been able to find are old files from years ago which are...
  4. Can't Retrieve One Note

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Send message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send message: Hi, can windows 10 pro send message like in windows XP using net send? I read from the forum that we can send message using command prompt msg * /server:servername "text". But when i try that there's error "5 error getting names" i already change...
  6. Need to send a message to one the admin people

in Browsers and Email
    Need to send a message to one the admin people: I purchased a new computer last week. I made a copy of the google passwords needed for places that require me to sign in. etc. forums, online bill pays. I was going to upload these passwords to my google account thinking that was all that was needed to make sure these...
  7. Windows 10 app duplicat send messages

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 app duplicat send messages: Hello.I notice that when send a message from windows 10 callendar and mail app the sending messages appears double in folder of ''send '' messages at outlook.com.Can i fix it? Also i wonder if i can backup or export messages from win10...
  8. I can't send or view messages on the Xbox App (Windows 10)

I can't send or view messages on the Xbox App (Windows 10): I have been trying to send messages on the xbox app from this account and it hasn't been working, when I go to messages it says, "try again- we had trouble getting your conversations" and when I try messaging someone from viewing their profile it says, "We couldn't send this...
  9. Xbox App On PC Can't Access My Xbox Messages

Xbox App On PC Can't Access My Xbox Messages: Hi There, My xbox app hasnt been able to get my conversations for quite sometime. I thought it might off been a bug that would get fixed with an update but that doesnt seem to be the case. My android xbox app works fine with my account and i can see and send messages on...
  10. Why can't I send messages?

Why can't I send messages?: When I tried to send a message to my friend from the xbox app on android it said: Check your account Messaging isn't for your account. Go to https:// support.xbox.com/fix-messaging to get more information and see how you can fix it. So I went to the website it told me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. send messages xbox app windows 10

2. xbox cant send message

3. cant send messages in xbox on pc

4. cant send messages xbox one,
  5. Try again-we had trouble getting your conversations Xbox application,
  6. cant send messages xbox,
  7. i cant send or recieve messages with xbox app