Windows 10: Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909

Discus and support Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Case scenarios: If I connect it using USB micro b it works normally that's how I updated its firmware If I put it in Pairing mode my Phone, Laptop,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Elkhose, May 24, 2020.

1. Elkhose Win User

Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909

Case scenarios:

1. If I connect it using USB micro b it works normally that's how I updated its firmware
    2. If I put it in Pairing mode my Phone, Laptop, Surface... finds it except my desktop which is my gaming device
    3. I tried it on my Samsung S10 plus with emulators works fine on Bluetooth
    4. I don't have an Xbox One console nor access to one so no solutions involving it plz
    5. I tried 3 different Bluetooth adapters to my PC and tried USB3.0 USB2.0 front and back CSR v4.0, Orico 4.0, Ugreen 4.0 so 2 different Bluetooth chip-sets
    6. My PC can connect to any Bluetooth headset and 4 different PS4 controllers but not this Xbox One controller

Software/Hardware:

• Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0
    • Windows 10 pro 64-bit 1909 OS Build 18363.836
    • I have Xbox Accessories installed
    • I updated Windows and all my drivers At least as far an Windows update does
    • I uninstalled inputMapper and rebooted the machine
    • No hub between the dongle and the PC

Specs:

• Core i7 7700K
    • Kingston 2x8GB 2666 dual channel
    • EVGA GTX1070
    • Asus Strix Z270F Gaming
      Crucial 500GB SSD as primary OS boot

I have searched every forum for this, many faced it but no solution worked for me, troubleshooting done:
    Restarted the service: Device Association Service

Tried from the "Bluetooth & other devices" to Pair the controller

Tried from "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound" Add a device

Rebooting several times, removing batteries from controller several times

Unplugged EVERYTHING from the PC even the keyboard and mouse and plug only essentials to test

What gave me hope but didn't work:

1. First the PC didn't even detect the controller in pairing mode Other devices detected it and they detected the PC also the PC detected the other devices but not the controller
    2. After removing all Bluetooth paired devices and plugging the Bluetooth dongle in the back of the Desktop both pairing locations "Bluetooth & other devices" and "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound" detected the controller but none managed to Pair to it
    3. When found the "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound" add a device tried to connect and said it wasn't successful with the error paraphrased cz I can't reach it anymore: Make sure the controller is still in pairing mode
    4. Another time when found the "Bluetooth & other devices" Paired successfully but the controller kept flashing and Game Controllers didn't show a connected controller nor did "Bluetooth & other devices"

I am now clueless at what to try, I just bought this controller cz I don't want the hassle of inputMapper with PS4 controllers and the ergonomics of this thing with the D-Pad are amazing. I am a PS fan and PCMR but in controllers Xbox One can't be beat if it works.

I don't have access to a store that sells the Xbox RF dongle for this controller so if I am gonna get one it's gonna be after the pandemic so basically too late.

TL;DR: Title says it all

:)

Elkhose, May 24, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, May 24, 2020
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 24, 2020
  4. Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909

Acelyn Alc, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909

1. Xbox One Bluetooth controller 1708 FW 4.8.1923.0 doesn't connect to Windows 10 1909 - Similar Threads - Xbox Bluetooth controller

2. Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller not connecting to PC via Bluetooth.: I recently disconnected my Xbox One Controller to go to an event, and went to re-connect it to my PC and it doesn't show up on the searching for device. I have tried as much as possible to connect it, but its not working with Bluetooth. I really don't want to buy an adapter,...
  3. xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth

xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth: I have just got an xbox one controller, it says compatible with xbox one / s / x and windows 10 pc i have windows 10 pro 1909 x64 pc with belkin bluetooth adapter, now my pc connects to my nokia 5.3 android 10 phone, it also connects to my old nokia lumia 635 win 8.1...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Staying Connected to Bluetooth

Xbox One Controller Not Staying Connected to Bluetooth: I have two devices that I connect to my bluetooth on my PC: My headphones and my Xbox One controller. My headphones connect fine and stay connected, but my controller keeps disconnecting from my PC during gameplay. I've tried moving the dongle from a 3.0 USB port to a 2.0 but...
  5. XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XBox One S (1708 model) wireless connection issue: Hello everyone. Today I fixed an XBox Controller and it seems to work fine. I tried first using two AA batteries and connecting to my Android phone via Bluetooth, and it worked; I also tried connecting the controller to my PC via cable and same thing. But, as soon as I go to...
  6. PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues

PC Bluetooth connection to Xbox One Controller Issues: Hello, I have a bluetooth enabled windows 10 pc that seems to be connecting to other devices through bluetooth fine. I have been using my xbox one controller with my pc for a while now. However, a few days ago it stopped pairing with my pc. I try to pair them in the bluetooth...
  7. Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth

Xbox One bluetooth controller won't connect via bluetooth: [ATTACH] Hey all! Been having problems with my Xbox one Bluetooth controller as of today. Device manager says it's connected, but the "BLuetooth and other devices" doesn't show it. If i turn the controller on it won't connect, and if i try and add the controller, my PC...
  8. Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect

Bluetooth Xbox One controller won't connect: Just built a PC, have been waiting for a week to game, and can't get the controller to connect. Installed a Bluetooth/Wi-Fi board today, everything works great. Picked up my phone, etc... with Bluetooth but not the controller. Used the Xbox app and a cable to update the...
  9. Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.

Xbox One Controller not connecting via bluetooth.: HI, i have a windows 10 desktop and a external bluetooth adapter. when i try to connect my xbox controller via bluetooth it gives a error message " check the pin and try again".?? i tried connecting the controller to my brother's laptop its connecting properly and working...
  10. xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth

xbox one s controller not connecting to bluetooth: so I have been using my xbox on s controller on my pc for awhile, when my controller disconnects I remove the deivce and reconnect it, it normally works fine and reconnects, tho yesterday I did that same thing and went to go connect it, but now it shows up as input and not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox wireless controller 4.8.1923.0