Windows 10: Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad

Discus and support Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; After the most recent update, the drivers on my Xbox One game pad seem to have changed to a standard X-input device, causing my games to see the button... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MdJl1, Oct 7, 2019.

1. MdJl1 Win User

Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad

After the most recent update, the drivers on my Xbox One game pad seem to have changed to a standard X-input device, causing my games to see the button presses as key strokes, and not recognizing my joysticks at all, sometimes replacing them with my mouse controls. i have to use windows update to resolve the issue with no luck, and the driver signature only allows this driver to be installed, along with a "Standard Bluetooth HUD Device" option which did not solve the issue when installed, and reinstalled the "Bluetooth standard X-input device" driver after.

:)

MdJl1, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Wolfpig Win User

Xbox one Gamepad home/guide button not working anymore

Hi.

Sorry if this was already asked (the search did not really showed anything up).

Since the th2 Update of Windows 10 the home/guide Button on the gamepad is not working/detected anymore by the system, most likely caused as the gamepad now is only detected as an x-input compatible hid device and not as a xbox one gamepad.

It may not be a big problem, but software which utilises it (like steam for entering the bpm etc.) cant be used anymore that way.

Is there any way to let windows recocnize it again correctly?

Gamepad is connected trough the wireless adapter for windows if it matters.

Wolfpig, Oct 7, 2019
  3. ToyaDaMan Win User
    Plugged in as a 360 controller...over bluetooth, just a gamepad

So, I got a cheap bluetooth controller to game wirelessly on my PC. I plug it in and it's all good, it shows (and plays) as an Xbox 360 controller.

I then unplug it, connect it via bluetooth and it connects (as a Gamepad) and the button mapping is all over the place, i.e. the Right Shoulder button is Start. I have tried changing the button mapping in each game, but I've found some of the buttons don't
    even register.

In Devices, then Gamepad Properties, the gamepad only shows up as as a GamePad, where, if it's plugged in, it shows as an Xbox360 Controller.

I've looked at a few button remappers, but nothing works. I bought it to play without the wires, but there doesn't seem to be a way to change the settings of the gamepad anywhere.

Moved from: Windows / Gaming on Windows 10

ToyaDaMan, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Faith Win User

any gamepad recommended for Pro Evolution soccer

The Xbox One / 360 Controller is all you need. It's a Microsoft X-input device so it will simply work for any game that support gamepads.

Faith, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox One Bluetooth registering as standard X-Input gamepad - Similar Threads - Xbox Bluetooth registering

2. Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows no longer registers input from gamepads while games are running: This issue started happening recently. Was working correctly a couple months ago. Just discovered issue yesterday. While games are running, the system stops registering any input from the game controller. No buttons on the gamepad seem to do anything. While no games are...
  3. Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10

Gamepad inputs turning into keyboard inputs on Windows 10: I have a RetroBit N64 Controller, a Nintendo Switch Pro Controller and a Sony DualShock 4. Whenever I try to use any of them, all of the buttons on them turn into keys as if they were on a keyboard. For example, the C-Stick/C-buttons turn into the scrolling wheel on a mouse,...
  4. Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games

Xbox controller detected by pc but does not register inputs on any games: title, what can I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-controller-detected-by-pc-but-does-not/58ae5dd4-19bd-47f3-aa33-6ab82a356468
  5. Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller

Input (input) issue on Xbox One Controller: My Xbox one controller worked fine from purchase until recently. I installed the latest Microsoft windows 10 update and everything was fine. I turned on my computer and my Xbox one controller would not work. I tried Bluetooth and as soon as I held down the o))) my controller...
  6. Xbox One S and Xbox One X to get 1440p support soon

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One S and Xbox One X to get 1440p support soon: Microsoft’s Xbox Platform Partner Group program manager, Kevin Gammill, has announced that owners of the Xbox One X and the Xbox One S, who are on the "early preview ring", will get an update soon which includes 1440p support. The Xbox One X's supersampling feature delivers...
  7. Unity for Xbox One X

in Windows 10 News
    Unity for Xbox One X: Unity is excited to announce that support for Xbox One X is available now. Get ready to develop for the increased power and 4K HDR output of Microsoft’s newest console. The Xbox One family Unity is excited to announce that support for Xbox One X is available now....
  8. YouTube on Xbox One X is now in 4K

in Windows 10 News
    YouTube on Xbox One X is now in 4K: YouTube on Xbox One X is now in 4K! Snag the update by starting the app or downloading it! The official YouTube app is now available to stream 4K content to Xbox One X consoles. In addition to 4K, the new YouTube app now features 60 FPS playback. The app has reached the...
  9. Preparing Yourself for Xbox One X

in Windows 10 News
    Preparing Yourself for Xbox One X: BYVn6hLb7Ls The Xbox One X is launching next week, ushering in a brand-new era of 4K console gaming. In the video above, Major Nelson shares several great new features that you can take advantage of right now to help you get up and running as quickly as possible with the...
  10. Inside the Xbox One X

in Windows 10 News
    Inside the Xbox One X: The Xbox One X is the most powerful game console on the market. Microsoft invited The Verge to its Redmond headquarters to detail how it designed and manufactured the console. The company was also eager to answer bigger questions: why it made this device, who it’s actually...