Windows 10: Xbox One Controller adapter not working

Discus and support Xbox One Controller adapter not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased an xbox one controller and the wireless adapter for windows. A few days ago I went to use the device, only to find that the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by M4RZZ, Oct 31, 2018.

1. M4RZZ Win User

Xbox One Controller adapter not working

I recently purchased an xbox one controller and the wireless adapter for windows.

A few days ago I went to use the device, only to find that the driver some how no longer works.

My system is up to date.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling.

Windows tells me this:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

This operation returned because the timeout period expired.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

And if I try to update the driver I get this:

Xbox One Controller adapter not working caeedcdb-8db7-4372-9e2c-bda4540e2d3c?upload=true.png

I would really appreciate some help with this issue

:)

M4RZZ, Oct 31, 2018

2. Xbox one controller adapter not working...

Hi James,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

When you update your controller with the latest software, you get full use of your Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter's capabilities plus important controller improvements. You can update your controller wirelessly or via USB.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and follow the steps provided in order to update the controller and check if it works.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-...dset-adapter#94f0b4f060704d08b34674eb0db6f746

Hope this helps. If you face any issues with Windows, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 31, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

4. Xbox One Controller adapter not working

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One Controller adapter not working

1. Xbox One Controller adapter not working - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller adapter

2. Xbox One controler not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controler not working: I have Xbox one controller that I use wired for gaming. But it is not being recognized on my Windows 11 PC anymore. I run Developer Preview buildcanary channel. PC makes sound when I plug USB in but it doesn't show up anywhere device manager, settings, etc. Xbox logo on...
  3. Xbox One controler not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controler not working: I have Xbox one controller that I use wired for gaming. But it is not being recognized on my Windows 11 PC anymore. I run Developer Preview buildcanary channel. PC makes sound when I plug USB in but it doesn't show up anywhere device manager, settings, etc. Xbox logo on...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC: I use my controller fairly regularly on games, and recently when I plugged in my controller via usb cable, the controller vibrates but does not turn on. I've tried using other USB ports, cables, and controllers to no avail. I've checked my device management too, and it does...
  5. Xbox One controller not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not working on PC: I've had this problem for a while, but even after getting a new computer I still find that my Xbox One controller doesn't work with either of my PCs. Changing USB wires does nothing and my drivers are up to date. Weirdly it vibrates when plugged in, but nothing happens...
  6. Xbox One Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller not working: I have tried everything. It is a new controller so can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/CrushingBlowBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9h25/xbox_one_controller_not_working/
  7. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  8. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  9. Xbox One controller is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller is not working: My computer running Windows 10 doesn’t recognize Xbox One controller. I plugged in an Xbox controller to the USB slot but I saw it vibrating, the lights flashing but it didn’t work. I did some troubleshooting such as running the device troubleshooter, trying to use another...
  10. Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter: I recently purchased an adapter for my Xbox One controller because the Bluetooth in my computer isn't strong enough to keep a good connection. When I plug in the adapter and try to connect to it, it instead connects to my computers default Bluetooth and the flashing light on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windown xbox controller adapter not working

2. xbox controller adapter not working

3. xbox controller driver