Windows 10: XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

Discus and support XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having this weird problem with my XBOX One Controller. The audio isn't being played. I have it connected to my computer via USB and I connect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Blayke Redd, May 28, 2019.

1. XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

I'm having this weird problem with my XBOX One Controller. The audio isn't being played. I have it connected to my computer via USB and I connect my headphones to my XBOX One Controller because if I connect my headphones to my computer's built-in AUX output the sound will be messed up. (A separate problem that doesn't bug me now) My computer knows that my controller is connected as an audio device. I have FL Studio open to test the sound. Everything is mute. No sound at all. How do I fix this issue?

:)

Blayke Redd, May 28, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, May 28, 2019
  3. Xbox One S Controller on PC as a Hands-Free Headset with horrible audio quality

Hi Mikul,

I realize the inconvenience that you are facing with Audio and Drivers.

This issue might have occurred if the audio drivers are incompatible or not updated.

To assist you better on the issue, I request to provide information on the following questions:

• Is the issue specific to Xbox controller?

• Are you facing similar issues related to Audio and connectivity?
    If you are facing similar issues with any other device as well, I suggest you to run the built in
    Audio Device Troubleshooter and update the Audio Drivers by following the steps below:

Method 1: Run built in
    Audio Device troubleshooter, and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Type
    Troubleshooting in the search box next to
    Start button, and press Enter.

Step 2: Click on
    View all from left side panel of the screen.

Step 3: Select
    Playing Audio, click on Advanced
    option, and check Apply repairs automatically.

Step 4: Follow the on screen instructions.

Method 2: Update the audio drivers, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Open run command by pressing
    Windows key + R, type devmgmt.msc, and press
    Enter.

Step 2:Expand the
    Audio inputs and outputs option.

Step 3:Right click on the
    audio drivers, and select Update Driver Software. Once this is done,
    restart the computer to check if the problem fixed.

For more information on troubleshooting Audio, refer to the link below:

Windows 10 – Audio Troubleshooting Tips
    (also refer to the section My Headphones/Speakers/Bluetooth won’t Play/Switch!)

If the issue is specific to Xbox controller, then it would be better suited on the Xbox support forum:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_support/xbox_on_windows_support/default.aspx

For reference, click on the link below:

https://support.xbox.com/en-IN/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

Kindly get back to us with the update on the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, May 28, 2019
  4. XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, May 28, 2019
Thema:

XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues

1. XBOX One Controller: Audio Issues - Similar Threads - XBOX Controller Audio

2. Xbox One controller pairing issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller pairing issues: I've been attempting to pair my XBone controller via BT with my Windows 10 PC all night and I'm getting nowhere. I'm following the standard procedure; turn the controller on, press the pair button, go into Bluetooth settings via Windows, select Bluetooth, and wait. The...
  3. Xbox One Controller issues on PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One Controller issues on PC: So, my xbox one controller keeps disconnecting and causing issues during COD:MW. It ONLY happens on this game. I've tried RDR2 and GTAV and it doesn't do this. I'll be playing the game and after a few minutes, the screen will lag a bunch and the screen will say "controller...
  4. Xbox one controller issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller issues: Hello, I am writing this, because I have an issue that I have spent hours trying to fix. My Xbox one controller is recognized by windows, but will not work in any apps (I want to use it in my web browser/steam). Anyone know how I can fix it? Heres what ive tried:...
  5. Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller

Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller: The left analog stick on my Power-A Xbox one controller gives left and right stick input somehow. For example, in Forza Horizon 4, while turning the left analog stick to turn a car it would also move the first or third person camera. This is also the case in FPS games where...
  6. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  7. XBOX One Controller Audio on PC

XBOX One Controller Audio on PC: I have an XBOX One Controller connected through the official wireless adapter. I would like to use my headphones through the controller 3.5mm audio jack. It is officially supported. However, i don’t see any relevant audio device to select in sound settings. I have...
  8. Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Gamebar/Xbox One Controller PC Audio Issues: Alright, so I've detailed this issue overhere as well on Reddit, although I have new information in this post. I'll be copy/pasting some of what I wrote there for ease. This issue has existed continuously for long enough to where I finally felt the need to make a post...
  9. Xbox One Controller connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller connectivity issues: Hi everyone, I am currently trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc via bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work. The controller I use is this halo master chief edition. As far as I could read in different forums, what matters is that it is the newer version xbox one...
  10. Xbox One Controller Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Issue?: Hi I have just bought a new xbox one wireless controller, i previously had a xbox 360 wired controller but one of the bumper buttons has stopped working. I have successfully paired the new controller and have started up Rainbow Six Siege, the controls seem to work fine until...