Windows 10: Xbox One controller bricked after using Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One controller bricked after using Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My controller was working fine but the bluetooth was being spotty. I looked up solutions and a number of people were saying to update the firmware via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoshLambe, Apr 23, 2019.

1. JoshLambe Win User

Xbox One controller bricked after using Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10

My controller was working fine but the bluetooth was being spotty. I looked up solutions and a number of people were saying to update the firmware via the Xbox Accessories app. An OFFICIAL Microsoft app, I may add. After doing this, my controller is now classified as "Xbox One controller DFU" and is considered simply a controller updater, not a controller itself. It will not turn on or function in any way. To say I'm pissed off would be an understatement, because the only solution I can find online is to plug it into an Xbox One console which I do not own. Is there a way to revert my controller's software and make it be recognised properly, or am I going to to just have to return it and buy a new one?

:)

JoshLambe, Apr 23, 2019

2. Elite controller is not recognized by Xbox accessories app

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues with connecting your Xbox Elite Controller on Windows 10. It is possible that the current Windows Update version installed on your computer is incompatible with the latest driver update of the controller.
    To resolve your concern, we recommend that you install all the critical and important Windows Updates by following the steps on this

link

We also recommend that you update the controller using the Xbox Accessories App by following the steps on this

link
    . If the issue persists, visit
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    and perform the suggested solutions to resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Customize Xbox Elite controller functions with Xbox Accessories app

Read more: Customize your Xbox Elite controller functions with Xbox Accessories app

Brink, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Xbox One controller bricked after using Xbox Accessories App on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller bricked

2. Unable to login to Xbox accessories and Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login to Xbox accessories and Xbox app: I'm unable loginto Xbox app and Xbox accessories app. On the Xbox accessories app I get error code 0x800701F4.It also tells me to install Xbox identity provider and Xbox app which were bothinstalled already. The login screen on the Xbox app is flashing few times when I'm...
  3. Xbox Accessories App will not launch.

Xbox Accessories App will not launch.: I purchased an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller and for whatever reason I can not get the Xbox Accessories App to open up. It always just starts to open and then shuts down immediately. I wouldn't care except the controller is not playable until can access the software. I tried...
  4. I bought an Xbox one Elite 2 controller and cant install Xbox Accessories

I bought an Xbox one Elite 2 controller and cant install Xbox Accessories: When I try to install it it just doesnt let me install anything and when i checked system requirements it says that it couldnt detect my hardware[IMG]...
  5. Xbox one elite and the option for actions tab for Xbox accessories app windows 10

Xbox one elite and the option for actions tab for Xbox accessories app windows 10: I was wondering , because i noticed that in some youtube channels, there are 2 options for the mappable buttons in the app.....yet when i tried everything i can think of to edit it, it only shows the controller options and not the action tabs..... this is for reference on...
  6. Cannot configure Xbox Elite 2 controller with Xbox Accessories

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot configure Xbox Elite 2 controller with Xbox Accessories: I have been trying to configure my Xbox Elite 2 controller on a new Alienware Aurora 8 computer for hours. Computer running Windows 10 Pro. All drivers are up to date. I have installed and uninstalled the app twice, no change. Controller is connected to usb port. I am...
  7. Prolbme with Xbox one controller/xbox accessories app on win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prolbme with Xbox one controller/xbox accessories app on win 10: Hi everyone, I'm having some issues getting an xbox one controller and the xbox accessories app working correctly with my windows 10 pc. It's a brand new system with a fresh install of windows soI'm a bit puzzled. The controller is connected via bluetooth and the basic...
  8. Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Elite controller is not recognized in Xbox accessories app: I just spent four hours trying to get my new XBOX ELITE 2 CONTROLLER to be recognized by the WINDOWS 10 XBOX ACCESSORIES APP and it refuses. The computer recognizes the controller but the XBOX ACCESSORIES APP does not. A thread from last year on the same topic was closed...
  9. xbox-accessories and third party controls?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox-accessories and third party controls?: Does xbox-accessories for windows 10 work with third-party controls? specifically this: https://www.kromgaming.com/comandos/kaiser thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-and-third-party-controls/ba571933-d1e5-44c5-bcb8-1a90fbff4398
  10. xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox accessories not recognizing my xbox controller: hi my xbox accessories is not recognizing my xbox one controller. I have it plugged into a usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-accessories-not-recognizing-my-xbox/5fc4dde4-1717-423a-96dd-def113fa63af

Users found this page by searching for:

1. elite controller 2 bricked

2. xbox one controller bricked after update

3. xbox box one contoller bricked by xbox accessories app