Windows 10: Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

Discus and support Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello there, since the March 1st Windows update (KB4486553) and (KB4482887) my Xbox One wireless controller has been having some issues. Whenever I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JakeVonE, Mar 7, 2019.

1. JakeVonE Win User

Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

Hello there, since the March 1st Windows update (KB4486553) and (KB4482887) my Xbox One wireless controller has been having some issues. Whenever I play a game (American Truck Sim, Rainbow Six Siege, GTA V, etc.) everything works as intended until I try my controller. Whenever I start using either of the analog sticks, the frame's drop anywhere from 15-200 within a second. The problem only happens when I start utilizing the analog sticks. Pressing buttons or using the throttles does not cause the problem.

Upon looking into it further, a game does not even need to be running for this to happen. When using my either analog stick (clicking them and rolling them around are equally as problematic) my CPU utilization increases by 10-20% and my GPU utilization decreases by 10-30%. The average speed of the CPU also increases very slightly by about .03-.08 Ghz. The non-paged pool of my RAM also increases by about 2 MB's when the sticks move.

I have tried the following:

Using different USB ports for the Xbox Controller's adapter

Using the extender wire for the adapter (and then not using it)

New batteries in the controller

Restarting the PC

Rolling back my GeForce GPU drivers (I have since re-updated them)

Task ending additional programs while playing the game so they do not run in the background

Installing Xbox One controller drivers via the Xbox Accessories app

My setup is currently:

Windows 10 64 bit

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.20 Ghz

16 GB's of Corsair DDR4 3000Mhz

Nvidia GTX 1080 (EVGA)

Samsung 500 GB SSD and Seagate 2TB Hard Drive

MSI Pro Series Z270 Motherboard

:)

JakeVonE, Mar 7, 2019
  2. ICE
    Ice Win User

Xbox One to Windows 10 Stuttering/Lag/Frame Rate Drop Problem

Whenever I stream my Xbox One to my Windows 10 PC, the game lags as if the frame rate dropped, so it basically stutters more then lag. And I've seen YouTube videos of people streaming their Xbox One to their computers and the game is not lagging what so ever. And those people have like a laptop or a tablet, something that is probably less powerful then my PC (spec wise). So what's the problem? My PC is connected via Ethernet and my Xbox One is connected via WiFi, the router is in the same room as both. My connection is [Ping: 10 ms] [Download: 29.64 Mb's] [Upload: 6.07 Mb's]. So what's the problem?

3. Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type troubleshooting in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on View All in the left navigation pane.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices from the list and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

If the issue still persists, install the drivers for the controller in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Download the setup files for the driver and save it on your local disk.
    • Right click on the setup file of the driver and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 7, 2019
  4. Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

Game stutter caused by Xbox One Controller

Recently, I started to experience severe game stutter while playing games on my Windows 10 PC. Everything runs fine for the first few minutes of playing...then a few stutters would happen here and then, and it eventually progresses to unplayable. I thought
    it was a graphics card issue at first, but it was only happening in some games.

After a while, I realized that it only happened in games where I was using my wireless xbox one controller to play. I tested this out more and notice that the problem occurs when ever you actually press inputs on the controller. For example, the game would
    run smooth if I left the controller alone, but as soon as I pressed forward on one of the analog sticks the stutter would start. Then I'd let go and it would return to running smooth immediately.

I tried direct connecting the controller via USB, but that didn't help the problem. I did find a workaround by uninstalling the device, then installing it with the original drivers (downloaded here: Xbox One Controller PC Drivers Are Now Out For Download, Courtesy of Major Nelson).
    It works fine with these drivers, but they don't support wireless connectivity which is kind of cramping my style as I like to stream to my TV in the next room with the controller direct connected to the PC wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jmarks2001, Mar 7, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems.

1. Xbox One Controller causes severe frame drops, stuttering, and power problems. - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller causes

2. Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV: The problem is noticeable if monitor is set to the same refresh rate as the content 23.976fps or 24.000fps and play 4k hdr movie. Frame drops at the same time when subtitles appear, causing stutter. The same file plays perfectly if subtitle isn't loaded. This problem also...
  3. Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dropped frames / stutter caused by subtitles in Movies & TV: The problem is noticeable if monitor is set to the same refresh rate as the content 23.976fps or 24.000fps and play 4k hdr movie. Frame drops at the same time when subtitles appear, causing stutter. The same file plays perfectly if subtitle isn't loaded. This problem also...
  4. Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One S controller causing severe FPS drops when connected via bluetooth.: I just purchased an Xbox One controller to use with my gaming rig but I've noticed severe FPS drops in certain games like Destiny 2 when connected over bluetooth. I have a dedicated PCIe Wifi/Bluetooth adapter and never had this issue with a Dualshock 4. Is this normal? I...
  5. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  6. Frame drops and stuttering all over

Frame drops and stuttering all over: Should I return the card? https://imgur.com/gallery/PJ5CMee PCPartPicker Part List Type Item Price CPU AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $199.99 @ Amazon Motherboard *ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 ATX AM4 Motherboard $114.99 @ Newegg Memory G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB...
  7. Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller

Issue with Power-A Xbox one controller: The left analog stick on my Power-A Xbox one controller gives left and right stick input somehow. For example, in Forza Horizon 4, while turning the left analog stick to turn a car it would also move the first or third person camera. This is also the case in FPS games where...
  8. Xbox One S controller on bluetooth causing frame loss?

Xbox One S controller on bluetooth causing frame loss?: Whenever I play any game with my Xbox One S controller over bluetooth, sometimes it will drop me to 4 fps and keep acting like I am holding the button down until I either disconnect the batteries or restart the computer. I've tested it on Modern Warfare (2019) and Mafia 2,...
  9. Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10 causes stuttering and xinput problems.: Two part, not so critical issue. Issue one: When connected via Bluetooth, and the batteries die, the controller stays on, and the whole pc grinds to about 1-2fps until I pull the batteries, then everything returns to normal. Issue two: I use controller companion to use my...
  10. Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Via Bluetooth = Severe FPS Drops on Windows 10: Hi All, I'm posting this in response to the vast amounts of other users having reported the exact same issue and spending countless hours troubleshooting/ trying "fixes" to no result. So essentially the issue presents itself as the title suggests, after 5+ mins of game...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller causing stuttering

2. xbox one controller causes stuttering

3. xbox one pc controller causes unplayable frame rate

4. xbox one pad frame rate stuttering,
  5. game stutters with bluetooth controller,
  6. controller and xbox wireless connection is stuttering,
  7. xbox controller win 10 stutter,
  8. wireless xbox one controller causing frame drop,
  9. xbox controller pc stutter,
  10. frame rate problems with xbox one controller on pc,
  11. doom xbox controller causes stutter,