Windows 10: Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One S controller that I am trying to plug into my PC to play PC games using the controller rather than M&K. I have the most recent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HAZELVALKYRIE14, May 28, 2020.

1. Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10

I have an Xbox One S controller that I am trying to plug into my PC to play PC games using the controller rather than M&K. I have the most recent updates of Windows 10. I have tried plugging in my controller with 4 different USB cords, 2 of which were brand new never been used. When I plug it in, the controller vibrates but then nothing happens. PC doesn't recognize the controller. I have tried literally every possible troubleshooting option I can think of or found on the internet. I tried updating all drivers to which my PC tells me all drivers are the latest and greatest versions, I tried multiple controllers thinking that was the issue but still nothing works.

Everything I have read online talks about uninstalled the Microsoft Xbox One Controller driver from "Device Manager", however I don't even have that listed anywhere as an option. It's like it is completely missing from my PC and I can't figure out how to get the driver to even appear. I am thinking that is the main issue but nothing I've found in any forums or google searches as specifically addressed this problem - although I have seen countless people with the same problem as me.

I've included my current OS specs as well as a screenshot of everything in "Device Manager". Please - ANY help is appreciated. I've spent way too many hours trying to get this "plug and play" experience to work. It really shouldn't be this difficult and I'm losing hope that I'll ever be able to use a controller on my PC.

Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 4d711ee9-2985-4916-8e21-280e2d2da3c7?upload=true.png Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 e34532c4-8406-4158-8ebd-77b67e1f9f6a?upload=true.png

:)

HAZELVALKYRIE14, May 28, 2020
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

Windows 10 stopped reacting to Xbox controllers (nothing in device manager)

Hi Swoog3G,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that it can get difficult if the devices are not working as expected. I see that you have tried few steps that might help us. However, we can go ahead and try few steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. What is the version of Windows 10 you are using? You can refer this article to

Check for operating system information in Windows 10.
    2. Were there any changes made to the operating system recently?
    3. Did you try Unplugging the Controller then Re-plugging it back?

One possible reason as to why your Windows 10 device can't detect the controller is due to outdated device drivers. We suggest checking if there are updates available for the controller and your Windows 10 PC. I suggest you to follow the below steps,
    and check if helps.

Method 1: Use a Different USB Cable

If you’re using a wired controller, a broken USB cable can be the cause. Try a cable with no problem and check to see if the problem is resolved. If you are still facing issue with Xbox controllers,

Method 2: Add a device in Settings

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Select Devices.
    3. Select Connected Devices.
    4. If the controller is not listed under Other devices, kindly click Add a device. Follow the on-screen prompts to manually add the device.
    5. Restart your computer so that the changes can take effect.

Method 3: uninstall all the current drivers.

Before downloading the new drivers, uninstall all the current drivers. In order to avoid duplicate conflicts among several drivers, one must uninstall the duplicate audio drivers as well.

1. Press Windows Key +x
    2. Click Device Manager
    3. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
      from the list in Device Manager.
    4. locate the audio driver Xbox 360 controller
    5. Right-click on it and select on
      Uninstall device from the drop-down menu.
    6. Check the box that says,
      Delete the driver software for this device
      and hit the uninstall button
    7. Go to Views tab and click on
      Show hidden devices from the drop-down menu.
    8. Then search for duplicate Xbox 360 controller if any. Right-click on it and hit the Uninstall option.
    9. Once the process complete restart the PC.

Method 4: Install the driver using File repository.

1. Press Windows Key +x
    2. Click Device Manager
    3. Expand Sound, video and game controllers
      from the list in Device Manager.
    4. locate the Xbox 360 controller
    5. Right-click on it and select Update drivers
    6. Then click Browse my computer for drivers software
    7. Click on browse, scroll down and navigate to the location:
      C:\Windows.old\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository
    8. Click on OK and click on
      Next, this will install the driver software
    9. Once the process complete restart the PC.

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    How to get software and driver updates for Windows 10
    , and

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, May 28, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Xbox 360 for Windows does not work

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the Xbox 360 controller driver. To do that, follow these steps:

• Go to the Device Manager.
    • In Device Manager locate Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows
      and right click it.
    • Choose Uninstall.
    • After the driver has been uninstalled, restart your computer. When your computer restarts, Windows 10 will automatically install the missing driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Mark Ole, May 28, 2020
  4. Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10

Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Results in Xbox - Microsoft Community

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10

1. Xbox One controller drivers missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller drivers

2. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  3. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  4. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  6. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  7. USB Controller missing from Device Manager

USB Controller missing from Device Manager: I am using a HP 650 Notebook was trying to transfer all files and reset the full windows so I bought a portable drive. But the problem I found is USB doesnt work and so I went to device manager to see whether the drives is update and I dont even find any USB controller....
  8. Missing Drivers for Xbox One Controllers

Missing Drivers for Xbox One Controllers: Hello, I have an issue with missing drivers on the 20H2 version of Windows 10. I have tried to use multiple controllers to see if it was defective hardware, and it was not. Tested an other windows 10 machines and an Xbox One. Going through the Device Manager and Control Panel...
  9. Missing Xbox one controller compatibility drivers

Missing Xbox one controller compatibility drivers: I've had to do a complete wipe of my system due to technical issues recently. I've reinstalled Windows 10 and, as far as I know, have gone through all of the necessary updates and patches, either through the website or from the PC settings. I have been told that all driver...
  10. Xbox One Controller Drivers

Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox 1 controller driver

2. windows xbox controller other devices

3. i dont have xbox controller driver