Windows 10: Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Discus and support Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I don't know if this is due to a new update for Windows 10, but my wireless Xbox One controller (connected via usb wireless adapter) is controlling... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by xXxFinalityxXx, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

I don't know if this is due to a new update for Windows 10, but my wireless Xbox One controller (connected via usb wireless adapter) is controlling Windows 10 when i bring up the start menu and/or enter "tablet mode". I know there are others that had this issue and it was because of "Xbox Configuration Support" being enabled on steam. Well, in my case, I do not have steam running and I do not have any 3rd party xinput config apps installed. The left thumbstick and D-pad navigate around Windows tiles , the A-button selects, the B-button goes back to the previous page, the start button functions like a right mouse click, and the left/right triggers scroll up and down (like the mouse wheel).

Honestly, this wouldn't be such a problem if there were buttons mapped to "ESC" or the Windows key, etc... As of now, it has become more of an annoyance when i do attempt to turn on "Xbox Configuration Support" and navigate the desktop. Instead of functioning normally, each button press is doubled (one press registered by steam, and one by whatever Windows 10 has going on). At this point, I rather just turn off Windows 10's config but I have no idea how it's happening and much less where to find the settings. Is anyone else experiencing this? Can someone please help me resolve this issue? Thank you.

:)

xXxFinalityxXx, Oct 10, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Windows Mail and 3rd party messages

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• May I know what exactly do you mean when you say "download messages from 3rd party into Windows Mail"?
    • Are you referring to Mail app on Windows 10? If so, are you able to receive any send email via Mail app?

If you are facing issues with Mail app, I suggest
    run the in-built Windows Store app troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X..

• Click on Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• On the left pane, click on View All.

• Click on Windows Store apps to run the troubleshooter.
    Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

Yaqub K, Oct 10, 2018
  3. Xbox One on windows 10 launching the console version of Steam OS

I am running into a presumed loophole in the windows 10 OS. These are the steps to access it: 1. Open Xbox app. 2. Go to the Connection tab. 3. Connect to an Xbox One. 4. Plug in an Xbox One controller. 5. Go to the controller tab. 6. Once the controller
    window has appeared press the Home button (The big glowing button) twice. 7. Then the Console version of steam OS loads. At this point I can navigate the menu and even play games. Even keyboard and mouse only games like Trove. If this is something that is
    normal and intended then I have not known about it, but if this is something that is an error I would like to see it fixed even though it is awesome. Any suggestions are appreciated.- Conner

Conner Wright, Oct 10, 2018
  4. Jonass21 Win User

Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

Windows 10 apps and Xbox Controller compatibility?

With such a strong emphasis on cross compatibility I was wondering about how the windows 10 apps work with an Xbox controller? Specifically the video apps, Netflix hulu etc. I am building a new computer and am going to use Windows 10 for xbmc netflix and steam and would really like to only use a controller for navigating.

I would prefer not to emulate a mouse, xpadder etc, but would like it to function like the actual Xbox netflix app

Jonass21, Oct 10, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running...

1. Xbox One controller is navigating Windows 10 without Steam or any 3rd party apps running... - Similar Threads - Xbox controller navigating

2. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  3. Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to install any 3rd Party Apps: I am trying to install 3rd party apps to Windows 11 Enterprise machine, i am an admin, and there are few machines in the enterprise environment which are facing this issue. I my research came across the S mode, but I believe S Mode is not there in Windows 11 Enterprise. This...
  4. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  5. vetted 3rd party apps

vetted 3rd party apps: is Restoro an approved program to fixed windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vetted-3rd-party-apps/7897334f-71f3-427b-a825-2acb08005f7a
  6. vetted 3rd party apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Remap a key without any 3rd party software?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remap a key without any 3rd party software?: Hello, I want to remap/disable f10 without use of 3rd part programs! I found 2 tutorials, which concur on how to do it... is using registry and changing scan codes. I did that and restarted PC, however it doesn't work! This is to remap f10 to f9. I also tried to leave 00...
  8. 3rd party apps not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    3rd party apps not working: 3rd party apps are not working and wont download im not in S mode when I got to activation it says Windows 10 home edition. Anyone know why or have a solution I updated yesterday and steam and stuff quit working today....
  9. Opening a 3rd party app

Opening a 3rd party app: I keep getting this message when I click on a link to a purchase, "you'll need a new app to open this mql4buy" I understand Microsoft Store will not have an app for opening this file. The app I purchased works for Meta Trader 4, a platform for forex trading. Can I...
  10. How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to use 3rd party color profile without a control panel?: After the Creator update, the control panel is gone. So now I don't know how to add a specific colorprofile for my monitor anymore. It is a .icc file. In control panel I found it in "Screen resolution" -> "color management" -> select profile. But where is this setting in the...