Windows 10: Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10

Discus and support Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I use an Xbox One controller on PC and leave it plugged in all the time, but since the most recent Windows update it no longer turns on with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cikame, Feb 25, 2021.

1. cikame Win User

Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10

Hello.

I use an Xbox One controller on PC and leave it plugged in all the time, but since the most recent Windows update it no longer turns on with the PC, sometimes it shows on Device Manager as an unknown USB device, sometimes it shows as a controller, but the guide button light is off and it doesn't respond. If i unplug the controller and plug it back in it works fine, but every time i boot up the next day i'll have to unplug and plug it back in again.
    Things i've tried -
    Uninstalling and reinstalling the driver
    Used Xbox Accessories to update the firmware
    Swapped to different USB ports
    Disabling and enabling it in Device Manager doesn't wake it up.

Unplugging it every day is going to get old and will also probably damage the cable and the controller, so hopefully we can figure it out.

:)

cikame, Feb 25, 2021

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Feb 25, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 25, 2021
  4. Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10

1. Xbox One controller needs re-plugging in after every boot Win10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller needs

2. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  3. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows: My xbox one controller that I've plugged into my computer just keeps flashing. It gets recognized in device manager but there's a warning symbol next to it.I've tried to search this problem up but I can't find the solution....
  4. Xbox one controller flashing when plugged in on windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox One controller need to calibrate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller need to calibrate.: I have a problem with my Xbox one controller. the problem is that my right stick is more to the right than the left stick, when I play a game the camera always goes to the left and I can't calibrate it. It is not a drift problem it is just a calibration problem since...
  6. Help re-pairing Xbox One Controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help re-pairing Xbox One Controller: So I have an Xbox One controller that I was using with Bluetooth for about 2 weeks, and a couple days ago I plugged it in through USB to update it. Now the controller won't reconnect through Bluetooth. And all the answers I can get online say you have to re-pair the...
  7. Win10 xbox one s controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 xbox one s controller: Hi, I have an xbox one S controller and it can't paired with my win 10 1903, while on win 10 1803 it's paired. Regards, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win10-xbox-one-s-controller/77057d3e-9472-4919-bec9-0a891d131eb9
  8. Xbox One Controller (Bluetooth-enabled) needs to be re-paired every time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller (Bluetooth-enabled) needs to be re-paired every time: I got myself an Xbox One Controller to play on PC via Bluetooth. When I used it the first time everything worked just fine and I could connect and pair it without any problem. The very annoying problem is that I have to do it almost every time I restart the PC or turn on/off...
  9. Xbox One Controller on Win10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller on Win10.: Hello! I recently bought an Xbox one controller to play old PC games as I used to back in the days. It seems like the controller works fine on just Win10 Havent checked newer games as of now but it doesnt seem to work while I launch the old games, it doesnt recognize the...
  10. Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox One controller slows PC when plugged in: Hi people, So recently I've noticed a huge bug when it comes to the Xbox One controller. When i plug in the controller to my Windows 10 PC, I notice everything slowing down a little bit. The system becomes noticeably laggy. To further prove that this is the controller,...