Windows 10: Xbox one controller not being recognized

Discus and support Xbox one controller not being recognized in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've moved from Xbox one to PC for gaming and I did so under the impression that Xbox one controllers were supported in games via attachment through... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JoeBardsley, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Xbox one controller not being recognized

So I've moved from Xbox one to PC for gaming and I did so under the impression that Xbox one controllers were supported in games via attachment through micro USB, easy right? Well not so simple, I plugged my Xbox one controller in using my micro usb cable to all of the separate USB port on my PC, all giving the same effect, the controller buzzes for a second then stops. the PC does not recognize the controller nor can it find it, I tried installing the drivers and they are up to date, I've tried 6 different USB ports on two separate Xbox one controllers both give the same effect, I cannot connect via Bluetooth as once again they arn't recognized either. I don't understand how my PC is failing to recognize a piece of windows hardware that is literally plugged into it. If I was trying to plug in some ghetto controller from the n64 or a banana with grapes for buttons I'd understand how it could fail to recognize it, but both things are made by Microsoft. so why do they not even acknowledge each other, There is nothing wrong with the connection strength in the cables as both controllers turn on without batteries whilst plugged in, Please help, This has been driving me mental as I'm totally unused to mouse and keyboard controls and it renders my games essentially useless.

:)

JoeBardsley, Sep 23, 2018

2. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for responding...

-No I have not used A Xbox 360 controller.

-When I enter a game, it says that the

"Controller that you are currently using(Xbox 360 for Windows) is not supported. Some features may not be available". Only a game called Payday 2 doesn't flash up with a message similar to that.

-I've downloaded the Xbox Accessories app and connected via USB and it recognized it as an Xbox One Controller and then I tried to update the controller but it says that their are no updates available.

-And no im not using the Xbox One Epite controller. Im using the Xbox One Controller+Cable for Windows.

Other Info.

LOT NO./ DATE: 1745

MODEL NO.: 1708

S/N: *****************

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for
    more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

StephanLaw, Sep 23, 2018
  4. Xbox one controller not being recognized

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Thank you for updating us. To continue troubleshooting your concern, we suggest that you check if it is recognized as an Xbox One controller in the device manager. If the correct information is shown, you may perform the suggested solutions below:

Solution 1. Click on this link for the steps to perform a
    clean boot. This process will start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup applications. It also helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update to your PC.

Solution 2. Install all the critical and important Windows Updates on your PC by following the steps on this

link

Solution 3. Update the controller again. If there are no updates available, uninstall the drivers from the Device Manager and update the controller. You may click on this

link
    for the steps.

If the issue persists we recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support so they can check the controller details and provide you an additional support.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

Xbox one controller not being recognized

1. Xbox one controller not being recognized - Similar Threads - Xbox controller being

2. Issues with Xbox One Elite Controller and MIDI Keyboards Not Being Recognized on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with Xbox One Elite Controller and MIDI Keyboards Not Being Recognized on Windows 11: I am encountering issues with my Xbox One Elite controller and a couple of MIDI keyboards when connecting them to my PC running Windows 11. Despite the controller being listed under "Other Devices" in Device Manager, it is not recognized by the Xbox Accessories app,...
  3. Issues with Xbox One Elite Controller and MIDI Keyboards Not Being Recognized on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with Xbox One Elite Controller and MIDI Keyboards Not Being Recognized on Windows 11: I am encountering issues with my Xbox One Elite controller and a couple of MIDI keyboards when connecting them to my PC running Windows 11. Despite the controller being listed under "Other Devices" in Device Manager, it is not recognized by the Xbox Accessories app,...
  4. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  5. XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox One Controller recognized as XBox 360 Controller with invalid input.: Hello,I have just bought an Xbox controller to play racing games such as F1 22, Asetto Corsa, etc. I tried to connect to the controller on my PC which is a Windows 11 and tried racing games but the car kept going on the left side, so I tried to test this.Here is the...
  6. Xbox One Controller is not recognized by Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox One Controller is not recognized by Windows PC: [ATTACH]Some users are experiencing trouble connecting their Xbox One Controller to their PCs via a USB cable. After connecting the Xbox One controller, its light blinks as expected but Windows does not recognize it. Some users tried to update the Xbox One Controller driver...
  7. Won't recognize Xbox One controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't recognize Xbox One controller.: Me and my friend are trying to play a game together which involves both of us having a controller plugged in, kinda split screen but online. Mine works fine but when my friend plugs his in the white glow won't show up. We're positive it's not the wire or the controllers since...
  8. Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox series x controller not being recognized by pc: I got an xbox series x controller to use for my pc. I try to plug it in to the usb port and the controller does a quick rumble, but the pc never recognizes it and it never connects. The xbox accessories app doesnt detect it either. I am using windows 10, and it says...
  9. Xbox One Controller Not Being Found

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Not Being Found: When I connect my Xbox one controller to my computer via USB, it works fine but when I try and use blue tooth to connect it, it cant be found. I have tried various ways of trying to get it connected and would like to see how you think I can connect it....
  10. Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller USB Not Being Recognized On Windows 10: So recently I've been having an issue were my pc wouldn't recognize my USB connected to my Xbox One S Controller. I've tried updating my drivers and updating my Windows but it is still not working. I am being seriously frustrated by this as I would like to play games with a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller not recognized by pc

2. windows 10 not recognizingxbox one controller