Windows 10: Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

Discus and support Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently purchased an adapter for my Xbox One controller because the Bluetooth in my computer isn't strong enough to keep a good connection. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by James.Spencer, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

I recently purchased an adapter for my Xbox One controller because the Bluetooth in my computer isn't strong enough to keep a good connection. When I plug in the adapter and try to connect to it, it instead connects to my computers default Bluetooth and the flashing light on the adapters turns off. This happens no matter how far away from my computer I get. I simply will not connect to the adapter, so I am forced to play with controller lag. Is there any solution? Is my adapter faulty?

:)

James.Spencer, Dec 22, 2018
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Xbox One Controller Wireless PC Adapter help.

Source: Connect Xbox One Controller to Windows PC | Xbox One Accessories

In this situation, these two links might be helpful to you:

3. Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 22, 2018
  4. Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

Controller connection

Hi,

If the controller keeps disconnecting when you use it on an Xbox One console, it may be due to outdated controller firmware. To resolve this issue, we suggest checking if there are updates available for the controller. Refer to

Update your Xbox One Controller
    for the steps.

In addition, keeping your console up-to-date can also help resolve connection issues with Xbox accessories. To manually update your console, kindly perform the following steps:

• Make sure your console is connected to the Internet, and then open the
      Guide
      and choose Settings > All settings.
    • Select System > Updates > Update console.
    If no update is available, your console is up-to-date.

See
    Xbox One Wireless Controller disconnects or can't connect
    for more troubleshooting solutions that you may perform.

Keep us posted with the progress. We'd be glad to clear things up.

Catherine Cus., Dec 22, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter

1. Xbox One Controller not connecting to adapter - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller connecting

2. Xbox One Controller connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller connectivity issues: Hi everyone, I am currently trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc via bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work. The controller I use is this halo master chief edition. As far as I could read in different forums, what matters is that it is the newer version xbox one...
  3. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Not Connecting: Hi all, My Xbox One controller will not properly connect to my PC, and I intend to use it for gaming. This controller is completely functional with my Xbox, and has no other issues. 6-8 months ago, the controller connected and functioned without issue. I disconnected it...
  4. Xbox One Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Wireless Controller do not connect each other

Xbox One Wireless Adapter and Xbox One Wireless Controller do not connect each other: Hey, I used the Xbox One Controller for Windows with Xbox One Wireless Adapter for years without any problems. It always worked. On monday I wanted to connect the controller but it is not working. I use Windows 10 1909. The LEDs on the adapter and controller are flashing...
  5. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: my xbox 1 controller was working fine until recent hardware was installed-motherboard,ram & cpu. since then my controller won't connect to the usb dongle i go into device manager & look at usb controller it sayss unknown usb device device description request failed its code...
  6. Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one Controller not connecting to PC: So I used to be able to play on my PC with my Xbox controller (I don't have an xbox but bought a controller to play games on my PC) One day the controller started flashing at me and it wouldn't let me use it. I looked up and the only "solution" recommended was to install...
  7. How to connect Xbox One controller?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to connect Xbox One controller?: ive tried looking in device manager but the Xbox controller option is not there. submitted by /u/squiidpurpp [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9sych/how_to_connect_xbox_one_controller/
  8. Xbox one controller and wireless adapter

Xbox one controller and wireless adapter: Guys, i really need help. I am using windows 10. My Xbox One cotroller was connected to my PC with Xbox Wireless adapter. But from this morning i cant connect my controller with my PC. I tried all solutions i could find on internet and yt but nothing. Reinstalling device,...
  9. Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter: I recently installed a new m.2 drive as my primary storage device. I installed Windows 10 professional, installed all of my motherboard drivers just as I did on the old HDD. The old HDD is being used as my secondary storage device. Prior to the new M.2 My Adapter worked just...
  10. Xbox One Controller adapter not working

Xbox One Controller adapter not working: I recently purchased an xbox one controller and the wireless adapter for windows. A few days ago I went to use the device, only to find that the driver some how no longer works. My system is up to date. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Windows tells me this:...