Windows 10: Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues?

Discus and support Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Having a big issue trying to connect my xbox one controller to my windows 10 pc. I have tried it on an older laptop, it looks like its... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/obitus147, May 31, 2020.

1. Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues?

Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues? zrb5gA0glrfCZUksl3SOgycwNiqCCxD5zqZrGRN-nMw.jpg

Having a big issue trying to connect my xbox one controller to my windows 10 pc.

I have tried it on an older laptop, it looks like its connected fine, my PS4 controller also connects to the pc in question.

So I assumed it was a driver issue

https://preview.redd.it/uhyhu6rpl32...bp&s=e0cd23bb8fbc6924c337612590d45ab98c722257

when right clicking on the controller I have tried to update the driver only to have this screen appear

https://preview.redd.it/qwbs9wwul32...bp&s=4eab9c1b431f157e4128b3c7a19e6db7bcf6aa91

Ive also dried disabling the device and uninstalling/reinstalling it

I have also downloaded the "xbox accessories app" but no controller shows when opening it

Im guessing somehow the driver has become corrupt...Would anyone have any advice before I give up and just use my PS4 controller?

submitted by /u/obitus147
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/obitus147, May 31, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, May 31, 2020
  3. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, May 31, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues?

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 31, 2020
Thema:

Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues?

1. Xbox one controller not connecting to windows 10...driver issues? - Similar Threads - Xbox controller connecting

2. Issues with Xbox one controller on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Issues with Xbox one controller on Windows 10: After playing a game with xbox one controller for about an hour and exiting it Windows 10 UWP apps start acting like a button or trigger on the controller are pressed, It starts scrolling in MS store or zooming photos in photos app, the xbox button stops calling Xbox Game...
  3. Xbox one controller issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller issues: Hello, I am writing this, because I have an issue that I have spent hours trying to fix. My Xbox one controller is recognized by windows, but will not work in any apps (I want to use it in my web browser/steam). Anyone know how I can fix it? Heres what ive tried:...
  4. Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue

Xbox One Controller connecting to PC issue: Currently am trying to connect my xbox one controller to my PC with windows 10 and it isn't detecting at all. The controller is not under devices and it isn't in device manager. Seems as if there are no xbox one controller drivers on my computer. I also do not have the...
  5. Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC

Issues connecting a Xbox one controller to PC: I have a second-hand xbox one s controller that connects fine via bluetooth to my phone, but it doesn't on pc. It either tries to connect and once I accept on pc it still flashes like it's connecting or it just doesn't appear in the bluetooth screen. It works fine with any...
  6. Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One S Controller Connection Issues: So I recently bought a white wireless Xbox One S controller brand new and it works perfectly fine on my xbox. I connected it onto my computer wirelessly and it was working fine for around 5-10 minutes then the controller would move on its own and not allow me to press...
  7. Xbox One Controller connectivity issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller connectivity issues: Hi everyone, I am currently trying to connect my xbox controller to my pc via bluetooth, but it doesn't seem to work. The controller I use is this halo master chief edition. As far as I could read in different forums, what matters is that it is the newer version xbox one...
  8. Xbox One Controller Not Connecting

Xbox One Controller Not Connecting: Hi all, My Xbox One controller will not properly connect to my PC, and I intend to use it for gaming. This controller is completely functional with my Xbox, and has no other issues. 6-8 months ago, the controller connected and functioned without issue. I disconnected it...
  9. Xbox One Controller Drivers

Xbox One Controller Drivers: I have recently bought a Windows 10 PC. I tried to plug my controller in to play games with it however it just does a little rumble, the light does not come on, and the controller does not work. I have looked through the device manager and cannot find any controller drivers....
  10. Xbox One Controller Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Issue?: Hi I have just bought a new xbox one wireless controller, i previously had a xbox 360 wired controller but one of the bumper buttons has stopped working. I have successfully paired the new controller and have started up Rainbow Six Siege, the controls seem to work fine until...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller afterglow not connecting to pc