Windows 10: Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Discus and support Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. When I plug in and turn on an xbox controller to the powered USB slot in my PC, it vibrates and the xbox light flashes, but beyond that, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xBondiStBlues, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Hi. When I plug in and turn on an xbox controller to the powered USB slot in my PC, it vibrates and the xbox light flashes, but beyond that, nothing happens. It doesn't work, obviously.

Here's what I've done:

Run the device troubleshooter

Use every single USB port

Manually triggered the Xbox Accessory manager to run in services.msc

The controller also doesn't show up in the device manager. My controller is model 1697. Any help appreciated. thanks

:)

xBondiStBlues, Dec 5, 2018

2. Need HELP with XBOX controller for PC

Hi, I have a Mad Catz Xbox controller (with cord)...

I have a hard time using it with certain PC games because most games expect me to use a XBOX 360 controller where as this one is not 100% like a xbox 360 controller...

It has 4 buttons on the right (same as 360)
    It has 2x triggers
    It has 2 thumbsticks
    2x small buttons on the left and 2x small buttons on the right
    but it has NO BUMPERTS (like RB and LB)

For some reason, windows doesn't seem to recognise the two TRIGGERS like buttons... when I press them, I get a X axis flash instead of a button lighting up...

Can someone give me some step by step so I can use it and configure it to my liking...
    Right now I'm trying to use it to play Assassin's creed revelations on my PC

jonathan1107, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Ruz San Win User

Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

pc not recognising xbox one controller

Hi Ben,

It's possible that the the update services are not running well with Windows 10, that's why the controller doesn't work even when you have tried installing different drivers for the device. We'd like to collect more information to help you correct the problem.
    Kindly answer the following:

• How is the Xbox controller plugged in to the PC?
    • Is this the first time that you are setting up the controller?

Please run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to find more details about the problem. This troubleshooter will automatically correct the errors it finds, or let you know what you need to look into. Follow these steps to run the tool:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting then press Enter.
    • On the left panel, click on View all.
    • Choose Hardware and Devices and let the troubleshooter run.

Let us know if the troubleshooter finds anything.

Regards.

Ruz San, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

1. Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Xbox controller recognised

2. xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC: I am trying to pair an xbox one controller with my gaming PC, but it won't stay synced no matter what I try. The PC won't recognise it and there isn't a Microsoft Xbox Controller driver in the Device Manager tab. The only way I can get the PC to acknowledge the controller is...
  3. xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC: I am trying to pair an xbox one controller with my gaming PC, but it won't stay synced no matter what I try. The PC won't recognise it and there isn't a Microsoft Xbox Controller driver in the Device Manager tab. The only way I can get the PC to acknowledge the controller is...
  4. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.: The controller drivers are up to date, I am using the correct cable I have tried multiple controllers, cables and usb.When I plug in the controller I get a notification saying USB device not recognised. On the device settings it says its a driver error it also says "Unknown...
  5. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.: The controller drivers are up to date, I am using the correct cable I have tried multiple controllers, cables and usb.When I plug in the controller I get a notification saying USB device not recognised. On the device settings it says its a driver error it also says "Unknown...
  6. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device not recognised Xbox one controller: Tried everything in terms of drivers etc and can’t seem to fix it. My controller mid game of cp2077 just stopped being recognised I’ve tried another controller and the exact same thing “usb device not recognised” don’t really know what to do submitted by /u/Scorpion18703...
  8. USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP It is recognising Xbox one controller...

USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP It is recognising Xbox one controller...: I have already tried. Power settings. BIOS settings. Updating drivers, removing ghost devices ,installing drivers again. Reset the computer with a clean install. Using different mouse/keyboard in the port but still not being recognised. However ,XBOX One controllers...
  9. Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC

Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC: Ive been using a wired Xbox controller on my PC for a few games every so often but recently i found a problem where I plug my controller in to a USB Port, the controller vibrates, and then nothing else happens. I tried resetting drivers but when I did I got a message saying...
  10. Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one Elite Controller on windows 10 PC.: I have an Xbox One Elite controller I'm trying to get to work with my windows 10 pc. When I plug it in it vibrates and lights up as it should and appears in device manager, but when I check properties none of the buttons respond. I've attempted to update the driver but it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one controller vibrates but pc doesnt recognise

2. windows 10 xbox controller not recognised

3. xbox one controller not on windows 10 device manager

4. xbox one controller vibrates w plugged in,
  5. windows 10 not recognizing xbox controller bluetooth,
  6. win10 xbox controller not recognised in device manager,
  7. i plug in wireless xbox controller but it is not recognising pc,
  8. xbox one wireless controller not detected windows 10,
  9. usb not recognized xbox one controller,
  10. xbox controller isnt recognised by pc,
  11. win10 wont detect xbox one usb controller,
  12. xbox blue tooth not recognised win 10,
  13. pc wont detect usb xbox pad,
  14. win 10 xbox one controller not working,
  15. xbox one controller vibrates but nothing when plugged into windows 10 2019