Windows 10: Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

Discus and support Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I swapped my HDD out for an m.2; reinstalled windows and for months now I haven't been able to get the xbox one controller to sync to my PC. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/CambriaKilgannonn, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

So, I swapped my HDD out for an m.2; reinstalled windows and for months now I haven't been able to get the xbox one controller to sync to my PC. It used to, now it doesn't. I've put the dongle in every other PC i have and it syncs immediately without issue. I've (as far as I know) uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers multiple times. When I plug the dongle in Windows recognizes it. It lights up, it blinks when I hold the button down. I've updated the firmware on the controller. I don't know what else to do.
    It works if I directly plug the controller in via USB

Windows is current on updates, I've tried every USB slot on my computer. None of my other devices have any issues working.

submitted by /u/CambriaKilgannonn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/CambriaKilgannonn, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Oblivion PC Xbox controller

Could someone suggest a way to use my xbox controller with the pc version of oblivion?

greenhouse, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Cometes73 Win User

Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

Xbox 360 wireless controller won't sync with Microsoft dongle

Hi,

So, I have bought a new Microsoft Xbox dongle for my PC (it looks like a black memory stick).

It appears in my device manager and has the latest drivers installed. It will not sync with my Xbox 360 wireless controller though.

I have removed it, uninstalled it completely and reinstalled (with the latest drivers again) and still no joy at syncing - just an irritating white flashing light telling me it is looking for something to pair with. It has failed to connect with all three
    wireless xbox controllers which I own.

Does anyone have experience with this issue or know a solution beyond 'have you tried turning it off and turning it on again?' Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC :)

Thanks

Cometes73, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC

1. Xbox One controller not syncing to Dongle on desktop PC - Similar Threads - Xbox controller syncing

2. Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox wireless controller won't sync to PC: For some reason And i had moved to a new place. My old Xbox one wireless controller wouldn't sync to my PC with theXbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 because my OS is Win10. No matter in which USB port in which I would place the dongle I'll get the same issue with both the...
  3. Issue with Xbox controller dongle

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Xbox controller dongle: Hey everyone, I have tried, without any avail, to connect my Xbox bluetooth controller to my PC. I have recently upgraded my Pc with a new motherboard and processor. Now when I connect my wireless dongle, which is the tiny one from Microsoft, it doesn't install the driver to...
  4. Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One Controller Not Working On PC: I use my controller fairly regularly on games, and recently when I plugged in my controller via usb cable, the controller vibrates but does not turn on. I've tried using other USB ports, cables, and controllers to no avail. I've checked my device management too, and it does...
  5. Xbox One controller not working on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not working on PC: I've had this problem for a while, but even after getting a new computer I still find that my Xbox One controller doesn't work with either of my PCs. Changing USB wires does nothing and my drivers are up to date. Weirdly it vibrates when plugged in, but nothing happens...
  6. The Xbox Controller dongle is shown as a network interface. While it is one, technically,...

The Xbox Controller dongle is shown as a network interface. While it is one, technically,...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/scorcher24 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hgcs6i/the_xbox_controller_dongle_is_shown_as_a_network/
  7. One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows

One or two dongles? Xbox 360 and Xbox one controller wireless controllers for Windows: As per title. Do i need the 2 dongles to be connected to my PC to be able to use the 2 controllers or the Xbox one dongle is backward compatible? Thank you submitted by /u/Logiman43 [link] [comments]...
  8. XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.

XBOX Controller not Syncing on desktop but works on laptop.: My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday 01/22/2020, I noticed it wouldn't connect to the Xbox Wireless Adapter anymore. I don't know when this began, but according to...
  9. XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's

XBOX Controller not Syncing on 1 of 2 PC's: My Xbox One controller has been connected to my gaming desktop via the Xbox controller wireless adapter since I first bought it. It's always worked. Yesterday 01/22/2020, I noticed it wouldn't connect to the Xbox Wireless Adapter anymore. I don't know when this began, but...
  10. Xbox 360 wireless controller won't sync with Microsoft dongle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox 360 wireless controller won't sync with Microsoft dongle: Hi, So, I have bought a new Microsoft Xbox dongle for my PC (it looks like a black memory stick). It appears in my device manager and has the latest drivers installed. It will not sync with my Xbox 360 wireless controller though. I have removed it, uninstalled it...