Windows 10: Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

Discus and support Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Kent14477, Aug 3, 2022.

1. Kent14477 Win User

Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE REINSTALLS. What is going on is the MICROSOFT store games are trying to use both keyboard and mouse, AND the controller at the same time. Its extremely frustrating cause this only happened after the last few updates to windows 10 [insert frustrated groan here] Yes I did do a roll back, but microsoft being difficult it wont allow you to play your microsoft games without THEIR updates done. Extremely frustrated as I have tried EVERYTHING that people hav

:)

Kent14477, Aug 3, 2022

2. XBox one controller stopped working in games

Hi

Up until recently my XBox One controller was working fine. Last time I player for about 30 minutes with it in Destiny 2, I think it was around a month ago or so.

Today I wanted to play a games entirely on XBox One, and had plans with my wife for it, and was very disappointed when XBox One controlled did not work. I started to dig the issue and read forums. I already spent over 2 hours trying to solve this. Here are
    some details.

Symptoms:

• I connect XBox One controller with a USB cable
    • After connecting it takes it 2-5 seconds to initialize. After that it works for 1 second, and then it stops working.
    • It always works in calibration program ("Set up USB game controllers")
    • Once it opened Game bar and worked there, but not in the game
    • In Little Nightmares if I click the XBox button (main one) the game screen slightly flashes brighter, but game won't switch to controller mode and no other buttons work
    • XBox Accessories app only recognizes it after I reboot my PC. The rest of the time it tell me that I need to connect the controller.

Steps tried:

• I tried about 5 different micro USB cables
    • I checked drivers in Device manager - they are up to date
    • I checked firmware verison XBox Accesories app tell me it is up to date
    • I tried it with other games, lik Ark, Destiny
    • I tried killing some overlay services, after killing Game bar it worked for a few seconds but then stopped working again

Please, help me. This issue totally ruined my evening.

Maybe I'm oldschool, but I'm used to such things like GAMEPADS - WORKING 24\7.

[Moved from: Windows/ Gaming on Windows 10]

MichaelDavydov, Aug 3, 2022
  3. Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

This thread from Reddit may help you. It appears that the Xbox One controllers can utilize two drivers; Xbox One Controller, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

The thread has other troubleshooting steps, but the two main (and most popular/successful steps appear to be as follows)

Method 1

Method 2

Hopefully this helps. If not, there's something else awry, and other troubleshooting may be needed.

EDIT: Per the asker's request;

I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a weird side effect of changing the drivers version forward and backward again. When connected via USB cable it said "Xbox controller", changed that to "Xbox gaming device", unplugged the USB cable, and the wireless stuff started to work for whatever reason... No idea why!

Kaizerwolf, Aug 3, 2022
  4. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

Xbox One controller working wrong

Hi,

The issue may be related to the incompatible Xbox one controller drivers.

Please try the steps below and see if it helps:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.
    • In the Device Manager, go to > Human Interface Devices > Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class .
    • If you notice a yellow exclamation, double-click on the Xbox One Controller and go to the Driver tab, click on Update.
    • If the driver is already updated, uninstall the driver and then reinstall it.
    I would also suggest you check if the game is compatible with Windows 10.

If this doesn't help correct your issue, please contact the Xbox Support.

Xbox Forums

Redirecting

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 3, 2022
Thema:

Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

1. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY - Similar Threads - Xbox controller working

2. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY: Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE REINSTALLS. What is going on is the MICROSOFT store games are trying to use both keyboard and mouse, AND the controller at the same...
  3. Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox one controller not working on MICROSOFT APP GAMES ONLY: Before anyone asks I have gone through all the steps. Yes I even plugged in different xbox controllers, reset drivers and even done MULTIPLE REINSTALLS. What is going on is the MICROSOFT store games are trying to use both keyboard and mouse, AND the controller at the same...
  4. Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC

Xbox One S controller not working in game for PC: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  5. Xbox One S controller not working in game

Xbox One S controller not working in game: Hey everyone, was looking to see if anyone has ever had this problem with their controller. I have a Xbox One S controller that I usually use for games that require one, but as of recently it just won't work for them. I have a data transfer microusb that I use for it. It...
  6. xbox one controller not working in same games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller not working in same games: xbox one controller not working in same games but was only 3 days ago is there a update thats broken the compatibility with same of the games are i can no longer play dark souls 2...
  7. Xbox One Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller not working: I have tried everything. It is a new controller so can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/CrushingBlowBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9h25/xbox_one_controller_not_working/
  8. Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games

Windows 10 - Xbox One controller not working with Microsoft Store games: Didn't have this problem previous to the 1909 update. My Xbox One controllers tried 3 different controllers stopped working with Microsoft Store games, but continues to work properly with Steam, Origin, etc. The wireless adapter shows up in devices, can be configured,...
  9. XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable

XBOX One Controller only works with one USB Cable: I play a few games on my Windows 10 machine with an XBOX one controller. I usually have the same cable plugged into the controller, and unplug it from the machine occasionally when I need to free up a port. Well the other day I wanted to charge my tablet so I grabbed the...
  10. xbox one controller not working in game

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox one controller not working in game: I have the latest imac and downloaded windows 10 on it to play some games. I am using an xboc one wired controller that seems to work on the PC through testing and through STEAM however when I open up the game it doesn't work in game!!! the middle X button is the only button...