Windows 10: XBox one controller not working on windows 10 Version 10.0.17763.1098

Discus and support XBox one controller not working on windows 10 Version 10.0.17763.1098 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Plug it in, not working. Go to device manager, looks like this: [ATTACH] No USB device or HID device hanging off the XBox One Controller device.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Matt__S, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Matt__S Win User

XBox one controller not working on windows 10 Version 10.0.17763.1098

Plug it in, not working. Go to device manager, looks like this:

XBox one controller not working on windows 10 Version 10.0.17763.1098 6afae8a0-d9b9-40e3-bb3b-e8251c1c16a8?upload=true.png

No USB device or HID device hanging off the XBox One Controller device. Even after doing an online windows update.

Let me first say that I have been developing driver for Windows for about 20 years, so I know my way all over the windows kernel and driver setup.

On my other, not updated windows 10 box, Version 10.0.10586, it works fine. This has older drivers of course, it is an old, non windows updated install.

It comes to something when the manufacturer of the OS and the device, manage to break a driver. There HAS to be a fix for this, surely, so where is it?

:)

Matt__S, Apr 10, 2020

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 10, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

1. XBox one controller not working on windows 10 Version 10.0.17763.1098 - Similar Threads - XBox controller working

2. Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Vibration on Xbox one controller not working on windows 10: My xbox wireless adapter arrived and I plugged in to the USB slot on my motherboard and everything installed fine but when im in any game eg. fortnite, call of duty, or apex legends my vibration does not work. ive made sure to check all settings in the xbox accessories...
  3. Xbox One Controller With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller With Windows 10: Hi guys I wanted to use my xbox controller when playing a game on my surface. I have connected it no problem, and am able to use the controller in the desktop menus, but when I open the game COD UO, the controller has no input. It remains connected but nothing happens...
  4. Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.

Xbox one controller not working in windows 10.: I always used the same controller with the same cable and never had a problem, out of nowhere it stopped responding. Windows can still see the device. If I uninstall device from windows and then restart my pc and download the drivers it works, but only once, if I replug it it...
  5. Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC

Xbox One controller not working on Windows 10 PC: Ive been using a wired Xbox controller on my PC for a few games every so often but recently i found a problem where I plug my controller in to a USB Port, the controller vibrates, and then nothing else happens. I tried resetting drivers but when I did I got a message saying...
  6. Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 and Xbox One Controller - Microphone not working: [ATTACH] Hi There, I am trying to connect my Xbox One controller to my PC. I have the wireless adapter (generation 1, see attached). Everything works good except when trying to use the 3.5 audio jack. I get perfect audio using my Beats earbuds, but the microphone is...
  7. Xbox One Controller not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller not working: I have tried everything. It is a new controller so can anyone please help me? submitted by /u/CrushingBlowBG [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fl9h25/xbox_one_controller_not_working/
  8. xbox one controller for windows 10

xbox one controller for windows 10: please help! everytime i try to connect my xbox one controller via bluetooth on my windows 10 desktop, it shows driver error. i dont know how to fix this. even when i connect it via usb, it shows device not recognizable... please help!...
  9. Xbox one controller on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller on windows 10: My pc quit detecting my Xbox One controller 3.5mm audio input when connected via USB. I normally only connect wired but after setting up bluetooth connection, even after forgetting the bluetooth device, the audio capabilities options have completely disappeared. Ive tried...
  10. Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Xbox one controller work on old windows 10 ?: I want to buy xbox one controller but want to know if it will work on my pc if I have not updated windows 10 since pc purchase last year. At least will it work with old non updated games ? Though I do download the small updates and patches etc. I never downloaded the one that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 10.0.17763.1098 version

2. xbox controller not working on pc windows 10