Windows 10: Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound

Discus and support Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I connected an Xbox One controller (OG) to my Windows 10 PC. While I can get it to play sounds and music I can't get it to record via the mic. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LNDN91, Oct 6, 2020.

1. /u/LNDN91 Win User

Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound

So I connected an Xbox One controller (OG) to my Windows 10 PC. While I can get it to play sounds and music I can't get it to record via the mic. It just doesn't register any input (the meter doesn't show green stripes when talking) I tested it on the Xbox (recording a voice msg) and the mic is in working order. Also the sample rate seems locked at a very unusual 24000hz instead of 22050 or 44100.

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

submitted by /u/LNDN91
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LNDN91, Oct 6, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Danny AJ Win User
    Windows 10! Xbox One Mic plugged into xbox one wired controller plugged to PC. Not picking voice.

I plugged my wired xbox one controller to my windows 10. It works but when i plug my mic into the controller that is still plugged into my pc, doesnt work. My voice doesnt pick up. Im using a Xbox one stereo Headset. My Mic plug for Pc doesn't work very
    well.

I need help getting my mic to pick up my voice.

Danny AJ, Oct 6, 2020
  4. Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound

Muted mic picking up sound in game

My mic picks up sound even muted. Nothing I've tried has fixed this. Push to talk works but I use a controller so voice activation is my best option. I set all options to push to talk except game options. I have this problem across games. Any suggestions??

JonPaul Moore, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound

1. Xbox One controller (OG) mic not picking up sound - Similar Threads - Xbox controller mic

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  4. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  5. Sound picking up mic and stereo mix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound picking up mic and stereo mix: hi! A few days ago people started hearing my stereo mix as well as my normal mic on Discord, i recorder on windows recorder to test it, and i hear indeed both sounds. I have Stereo mix disabled, and all other options i could find, but it is still doing it. I have a Hyperx...
  6. Sound system and mic system not picking up.

Sound system and mic system not picking up.: It all started when I got my new computer and connected my headphones and for some reason my mic didn't work. So hours after trying to figure this out I restart it and what do you know the audio didn't work either. All help would be supportive, thanks! submitted by...
  7. Mic isn't picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic isn't picking up sound: Hello, I've recently received an Alienware computer, at first I had a problem with it not finding my headset microphone. After troubleshooting and help I got it to find my microphone on the headset. However, it is not picking up any sound at all....
  8. Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds

Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds: This just started happening recently. For example, if I pull up youtube on my second monitor, everyone in my fortnite party can hear it. Also, they hear all of my gameplay. This was not happening before. What should I do to fix this? (My headset is the HyperX Cloudstinger, if...
  9. mic wont pick up sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mic wont pick up sound: ok so I just updated my windows 10 and now my mic wont pick up any sound what so ever. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-wont-pick-up-sound/db52c409-4273-4e22-abe6-53c8a3bc4c75
  10. Muted mic picking up sound in game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muted mic picking up sound in game: My mic picks up sound even muted. Nothing I've tried has fixed this. Push to talk works but I use a controller so voice activation is my best option. I set all options to push to talk except game options. I have this problem across games. Any suggestions??...