Windows 10: Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly

Discus and support Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; If an Xbox controller is paired over Bluetooth in Windows 10 (currently using 1809) when you restart the computer while the controller is still on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BaronKrause, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly

If an Xbox controller is paired over Bluetooth in Windows 10 (currently using 1809) when you restart the computer while the controller is still on it will enter that blinking "searching for connection" mode, BUT it will NOT reconnect after the computer comes back on. You need to pull the battery on the device and pop it back in, when it comes up it will reconnect fine.

If you wait for the controller to shutdown from being idle before rebooting or just shut the computer off and wait for the controller to stop blinking/go off before turning the PC back on it will also work fine when you turn the controller on, re connecting immediately as it should.

Also if you simply wait out the blinking on the controller and let it go off on its own after around 2 min, it will connect fine immediately after turning it on again.

It just seems that while it is currently trying to search for its lost connection that it will not reconnect after a windows restart.

Though if you enter airplane mode to break the connection instead and then disable airplane mode, it works fine, the controller pairs again immediately on its own like it should. So it isn't just that it can't reconnect at all while it is searching for a connection.

Anyone have any ideas or is this just a bug?

:)

BaronKrause, Jan 5, 2019

2. Wireless Xbox One controller requires PIN for Windows 10.

Hi,

You will be asked for a PIN when connecting your wireless Xbox One controller via Bluetooth on Windows 10 if your Bluetooth drivers are not updated. It is also possible that you have to reset the controller to remove the PIN. To resolve your concern, restart
    your controller by following the steps below:

• Power off the controller by pressing and holding the Xbox button on the controller for 6 seconds.
    • Press the Xbox button again to power it back on.
    • Connect your Xbox Wireless Controller to your PC using a USB cable or the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows.

You can also update your Bluetooth drivers by following the steps on this
    link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Acelyn Alc, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly

Xbox One controller being recognized as a 360 Controller

Hi Stephan,

There are several reasons why your Xbox One controller is detected as an Xbox 360 controller by your PC. It is possible that the controller is not updated or if you previously used an Xbox 360 controller on the PC, it is still detecting its drivers instead
    of the Xbox One controller drivers. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• Have you used an Xbox 360 controller on the same computer before?
    • Does the error message occur on all of the games that you play?
    • Have you tried to update the controller?
    • Are you using an Xbox One Elite controller?

In the meantime, we suggest that you update the controller by following the steps on this

link

Loraine Mon, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly

1. Xbox One Controller on Bluetooth doesn't handle Windows Restarts properly - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Bluetooth

2. My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.: First off, I would like to say that yes the controller does support bluetooth. It pops up when I connect it to my pc. Wired on pc works but I wanted to use it wirelessly, and the controller is updated. Whenever I use my controller on my xbox, it works perfect except...
  3. My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Xbox One Bluetooth controller.: First off, I would like to say that yes the controller does support bluetooth. It pops up when I connect it to my pc. Whenever I use my controller on my xbox, it works perfect except sometimes it does turn off and then back on but it isn't often. When I try connecting it to...
  4. Xbox One controller not appearing in bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller not appearing in bluetooth: The new controller I picked up is not listed as a bluetooth device under bluetooth setting. Additionally it will not show up under 'control panel' add a device. Controller pairs fine to android phones and works. I have managed to pair it earlier on in the week and it...
  5. Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Not Working Properly: Hi, I've been using my xbox one controller on windows 10 wired connection flawlessly for the past year. However, today I was messing with the drivers for another device and mistakenly messed with the xbox one controller drivers. The controller is no longer recognized by my...
  6. Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One Controller issues bluetooth: This is driving me crazy because it happened all of a sudden and I cannot fix it. Currently my bluetooth stack will connect any xinput controller or dinput controller and the drivers ALL show up. In Devices And Printers all of the controllers will show up. But in "Game...
  7. Xbox One controller doesn't show up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox One controller doesn't show up.: Hello, i've had this problem for a while. I used to play with an Xbox one controller on pc for games like FIFA and Rocket League. I used a usb cable but after sometime i got sick of it and bought a bluetooth dongle. Which is compatible with xbox controllers. I installed the...
  8. PC doesn't recognize Xbox One controller via bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC doesn't recognize Xbox One controller via bluetooth: I got an Xbox usb cable, updated the firmware, and have a new PC alienware. The controller is bluetooth capable, as described on https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc I've done the PC's bluetooth troubleshooter...
  9. Xbox One controller via Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller via Bluetooth: Hello, I have a problem with my Xbox One controller connecting to my PC via Bluetooth. Not a serious problem, but still a problem: I can connect my controller to my PC via Bluetooth and everything is okay. The problem is that when I don't use the controller it goes to sleep...
  10. xbox one controller bluetooth not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller bluetooth not working: everything is on and searching but they will not pair up, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/xbox-one-controller-bluetooth-not-working/0a7535e0-5709-4c39-81db-e5c52123a677