Windows 10: Xbox one controller on windows 10

Discus and support Xbox one controller on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My pc quit detecting my Xbox One controller 3.5mm audio input when connected via USB. I normally only connect wired but after setting up bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TryHardTriston, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Xbox one controller on windows 10

My pc quit detecting my Xbox One controller 3.5mm audio input when connected via USB. I normally only connect wired but after setting up bluetooth connection, even after forgetting the bluetooth device, the audio capabilities options have completely disappeared. Ive tried everything i know to do from using another headset to unistalling and reinstalling the drivers. I also tried to set up a replacement controller but my battery pack has rubbed most of the serial number off.

:)

TryHardTriston, Aug 7, 2019

2. Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Xbox one controller on windows 10

Xbox One Controller

Hi MoDaBro,

An outdated Xbox One controller is one of the possible reasons why your controller is unable to connect to your Xbox One without battery on it. To help you resolve this concern, I need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you tried connecting a different controller using the same USB cable?
    • Have you tried using a different USB port on your Xbox One console?

In the meantime, I suggest that you try updating your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

Update your Xbox One Controller

How to update your Xbox One Controller on Windows 10

You may also try performing the troubleshooting steps provided on the
    link

If the issue persists, I strongly recommend contacting our Xbox Chat Support for further troubleshooting steps. To proceed, you may contact them through the link below:

Xbox Chat Support

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Xbox one controller on windows 10

1. Xbox one controller on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Xbox controller

2. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."I've looked all over online for any solutions. I've...
  3. My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wired Xbox 360 controller isn't recognized by Windows anymore.: I have a wired Xbox 360 controller and Windows 11. When I plug in the controller it says "USB device not recognized. The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognized it."I've looked all over online for any solutions. I've...
  4. everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen: so i made a somewhat rant about windows not informing me that a ''update'' would change my windows from 10 to 11 but when it did it ruined allot of files bluetooth didnt work and other thing but i finnally got bluetooth to work now but when i connect my xbox controller to my...
  5. everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen

everytime i connect my xbox controller my pc blue screen: so i made a somewhat rant about windows not informing me that a ''update'' would change my windows from 10 to 11 but when it did it ruined allot of files bluetooth didnt work and other thing but i finnally got bluetooth to work now but when i connect my xbox controller to my...
  6. affter i plug in my xbox controller not available shows up and does not go away even after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    affter i plug in my xbox controller not available shows up and does not go away even after...: i plugged in my controller and now it says not available over and over again even though i unplugged it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/affter-i-plug-in-my-xbox-controller-not-available/60f7ca15-96be-47fd-847b-4bca8f4a36aa
  7. affter i plug in my xbox controller not available shows up and does not go away even after...

affter i plug in my xbox controller not available shows up and does not go away even after...: i plugged in my controller and now it says not available over and over again even though i unplugged it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/affter-i-plug-in-my-xbox-controller-not-available/60f7ca15-96be-47fd-847b-4bca8f4a36aa
  8. Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?: I tried different USB ports. I tried a different controller. I tried a different cable.Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-doesnt-recognize-xbox-one-controller/4592a556-7e46-41a4-b106-361bbeda85a5
  9. Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?

Win 11 doesn't recognize Xbox One controller?: I tried different USB ports. I tried a different controller. I tried a different cable.Please help. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-doesnt-recognize-xbox-one-controller/4592a556-7e46-41a4-b106-361bbeda85a5
  10. I can't connect my xbox controller via blue tooth or usb to my alienware laptop, it says...

I can't connect my xbox controller via blue tooth or usb to my alienware laptop, it says...: As I said I have a Alienware laptop its about 6 months old. I've tried to connect 3 different controllers via bluetooth and usb. Neither way works they won't connect. In the device manager they have a little yellow caution sign by the xbox controller, I've uninstalled them...