Windows 10: Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

Discus and support Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an Xbox One Wireless controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. It's annoying to have to stop a game because the battery dies, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by DexLuther, Nov 21, 2019.

1. DexLuther Win User

Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

I have an Xbox One Wireless controller that I've paired via bluetooth to Windows 10. It's annoying to have to stop a game because the battery dies, so I plug it in via USB and then charge it on my charging stand overnight. When I notice the battery is getting low, I'll plug it in before it dies. The next day when I turn it on, it won't connect and have to add it as a Bluetooth Device again.

When this happens, I can see the controller already pared as a Bluetooth device in the Bluetooth & other devices panel, but have to add it and go through the pairing again. I have to remove the old listing to get the controller to connect again, which is annoying

What I'm trying to figure out is how to have Windows 10 remember my controller whether it's plugged in or not or I switched from one to the other.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Pair an Xbox One Wireless controller (with batteries or a power pack) with Windows 10 through Bluetooth.

2. Plug the Paired Xbox Controller into the Computer using a Micro USB cable.
    3. Remove the Micro USB Cable.

Results:

The controller light flashes signalling it's not connected and has to be re-paired.

Expected Results:

Windows 10 remembers a controller whether it's plugged in or wireless even after switching from Wireless to Wired and then back again much like the Xbox One does.

:)

DexLuther, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

Xbox Controller in Windows

Hey there Tomas

Thanks for reaching out!

I suggest that you try updating
    your Xbox One controller. To do this, kindly follow the steps provided on the links below:

If the issue persists, I strongly
    recommend contacting our Xbox Customer Support
    for further troubleshooting steps.

Kindly update us with the results.

XBF Erick C, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in.

1. Xbox One Controller Paired to Windows 10 no longer connects after plugging it in. - Similar Threads - Xbox Controller Paired

2. xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC: I am trying to pair an xbox one controller with my gaming PC, but it won't stay synced no matter what I try. The PC won't recognise it and there isn't a Microsoft Xbox Controller driver in the Device Manager tab. The only way I can get the PC to acknowledge the controller is...
  3. Xbox One Controller needs to be paired again after wired connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller needs to be paired again after wired connection: Hi,This may have been addressed before but can a Microsoft/Xbox employee care to elaborate as to why an Xbox One controller connected via Bluetooth to a Windows PC has its Bluetooth pairing deleted when a user connects the controller using a wire for software update which for...
  4. Xbox One Controller needs to be paired again after wired connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One Controller needs to be paired again after wired connection: Hi,This may have been addressed before but can a Microsoft/Xbox employee care to elaborate as to why an Xbox One controller connected via Bluetooth to a Windows PC has its Bluetooth pairing deleted when a user connects the controller using a wire for software update which for...
  5. Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected: Xbox controller will not stay connected to pc unless i delete and repair it. In the Bluetooth devices window it goes from paired to connected right back to being paired , i havnt used a usb to charge or to connect . All drivers are updated. As im typing this my mouse has...
  6. Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected: Xbox controller will not stay connected to pc unless i delete and repair it. In the Bluetooth devices window it goes from paired to connected right back to being paired , i havnt used a usb to charge or to connect . All drivers are updated. As im typing this my mouse has...
  7. Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Xbox One Wireless Controller No Longer Connecting to PC Win 10 but still paired

Xbox One Wireless Controller No Longer Connecting to PC Win 10 but still paired: Hi there, so I have been using my wireless Xbox, One controller, on my PC for about a year now, and all of a sudden it has stopped connecting with my PC. If you head into Settings > Bluetooth & Other Devicesright at the bottom it says "Other Devices" and it lists the Xbox...
  9. Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.

Windows 10 - After recent update, Xbox One controller no longer connects.: Hi. As the title says I have a wireless Xbox One controller that no longer connects with my PC. I believe this was after a recent update a few weeks ago. There are 4 Windows 10 machines in my house, and I CAN get the controller to connect to all of them EXCEPT my gaming...
  10. Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 (1809) Bluetooth XBox One Controllers no longer pairing: I use a lot of Bluetooth devices - too many really. I have a Bluetooth Bose speaker, Sony headset, and three XBox one controllers. Since the last few days, after I've updated to 1809, my audio devices pair fine, however my XBox one controllers no longer pair. They show up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. paired wireless xbox controller wont reconnect on PC console