Windows 10: Xbox One controller pairing issues

Discus and support Xbox One controller pairing issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been attempting to pair my XBone controller via BT with my Windows 10 PC all night and I'm getting nowhere. I'm following the standard procedure;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SammyAllouba, Jul 21, 2021.

1. Xbox One controller pairing issues

I've been attempting to pair my XBone controller via BT with my Windows 10 PC all night and I'm getting nowhere. I'm following the standard procedure; turn the controller on, press the pair button, go into Bluetooth settings via Windows, select Bluetooth, and wait. The controller just doesn't show up in the list of pairable devices. If it eventually *does* appear, that's only after I've shut the controller down for another reset attempt don't ask, it just pops up asking if I want to configure the device. Then it'll pair miraculously...but when I launch any game, the controller isn't detected

:)

SammyAllouba, Jul 21, 2021

2. Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi Brad,

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps to pair the Xbox One Elite Controller and check if it helps.

Step 1: If the device is not detected run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the article below, try the troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

All about the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing Xbox One Elite Controller for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 21, 2021
  4. BGD1968 Win User

Xbox One controller pairing issues

Bluetooth Pairing - Xbox One Elite Controller

Hi,

I've got a new Alienware desktop running Win 10 Home x64. Bluetooth appears to be working, but I'm not getting the Xbox One Elite Controller in the list of available devices when I attempt the pairing. The light on the controller flashes normally when I
    press the pairing button, but on the PC, I'm only getting four or five generic 'unknown' devices. I've tried a few, but none will connect.

To troubleshoot, I unplugged the power from the Xbox, just to make sure there wasn't a pairing conflict between the game console and Windows. Doesn't help. I've also tried pairing in the new Win 10 interface, as well as through NCPA.cpl.

When I get home, I'm going to try pairing the controller with another computer, but I'm also interested in any suggestions this community can provide.

Regards,

Brad

BGD1968, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

Xbox One controller pairing issues

1. Xbox One controller pairing issues - Similar Threads - Xbox controller pairing

2. xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox one controller will not pair with windows 10 PC: I am trying to pair an xbox one controller with my gaming PC, but it won't stay synced no matter what I try. The PC won't recognise it and there isn't a Microsoft Xbox Controller driver in the Device Manager tab. The only way I can get the PC to acknowledge the controller is...
  3. Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected: Xbox controller will not stay connected to pc unless i delete and repair it. In the Bluetooth devices window it goes from paired to connected right back to being paired , i havnt used a usb to charge or to connect . All drivers are updated. As im typing this my mouse has...
  4. Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One controller flashes from paired to connected: Xbox controller will not stay connected to pc unless i delete and repair it. In the Bluetooth devices window it goes from paired to connected right back to being paired , i havnt used a usb to charge or to connect . All drivers are updated. As im typing this my mouse has...
  5. Xbox controller/ bluetooth pairing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller/ bluetooth pairing issues: Whenever I have restarted my computer my xbox controller can't connect anymore and make my bluetooth stop working. The only way to solve this is by removing the device, restart the computer and then pair again. So every day I want to use my xbox controller I have to first...
  6. Xbox one controller issues

Xbox one controller issues: Hello, I am writing this, because I have an issue that I have spent hours trying to fix. My Xbox one controller is recognized by windows, but will not work in any apps (I want to use it in my web browser/steam). Anyone know how I can fix it? Heres what ive tried:...
  7. Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC

Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC: I've read a few posts here and there doesn't seem to be a direct solution. I've never used an xbox one controller so I'm not sure how the controller interacts with the pc. I bought an xbox one controller yesterday to to Monster Hunter. The controller works fine when I plug it...
  8. Help re-pairing Xbox One Controller

Help re-pairing Xbox One Controller: So I have an Xbox One controller that I was using with Bluetooth for about 2 weeks, and a couple days ago I plugged it in through USB to update it. Now the controller won't reconnect through Bluetooth. And all the answers I can get online say you have to re-pair the...
  9. Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox One wireless USB adapter doesn't pair with Xbox One controllers: Hello, I recently had an issue with my computer and had to completely reinstall Windows on my system. After this issue, I tried to reconnect my Xbox One controllers using my USB wireless receiver and noticed they didn't automatically pair. I thought it was the normal...
  10. Xbox One Controller Issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox One Controller Issue?: Hi I have just bought a new xbox one wireless controller, i previously had a xbox 360 wired controller but one of the bumper buttons has stopped working. I have successfully paired the new controller and have started up Rainbow Six Siege, the controls seem to work fine until...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. control xbox one