Windows 10: xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...

Discus and support xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have been playing with Xbox one controller on PC via anordinary Bluetooth stick. I have tried games like Dark Souls 3, Crash bandicootn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ErikCapek, Mar 24, 2021.

1. ErikCapek Win User

xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...

Hello guys,

I have been playing with Xbox one controller on PC via anordinary Bluetooth stick. I have tried games like Dark Souls 3, Crash bandicootn sane trilogy, Super Street Fighter IV, and so on.

In each game, I have faced an issue when the controller wentunresponsive at random times. The only fix for me was to alt+tab out of gameand alt+tab back to the game to make controller work again.

The controller wasstill in sync since it was paired with Bluetooth also a light on the controllerstay lid all time, it was not reconnecting or pairing.

No, it was still pairedhowever at random times it just went unresponsive and I have to alt + tab thegame and alt + tab back to make controller register inputs again. Most severeit was on Super Street Fighter IV, when in 30 min I have to this alt+tab 5times.

This was really not optimal for many games, and it reallycrushed any immersion within the game.

I have been looking for hours for any solution, try each onewhich I could find however nothing worked for me.

Then I bought Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller Adapterfor Windows the USB stick which is a Microsoft proprietary and it before it wasthe only solution how to connect Xbox controller wirelessly via PC.

black USB stick

Even though I could connect my Xbox one controller via anordinary Bluetooth stick.

Since I bought Microsoft Xbox one Wireless ControllerAdapter for Windows and paired my Xbox one controller I did not have any issuessince. Now I could play for hours and gamepad would not go unresponsive.

So guys if want to fix this I would suggest trying Xbox OneWireless Controller Adapter for Windows.

Before I spent hours searching for this issue even though itis widespread still I could not find any working solution.

I wanted to share this fix since I could not find anyworking solution online.

I hope this fix will help someone as well.

:)

ErikCapek, Mar 24, 2021

2. Xbox One S Controller Bluetooth randomly goes unresponsive

Hi,

My problem is that randomly while using the controller, it suddenly stops responding to any input. However it remains connected because the Xbox logo does not blink as if searching. What's bizarre is that by going into the windows 10 Bluetooth setting window,
    it starts responding again but that's really annoying to do every time especially in games where you have to Alt-Tab.

It works perfectly with a USB cable but I prefer it wireless if possible.

Thanks

DeBlueSeven, Mar 24, 2021
  3. Mala_S Win User
    Can’t connect Xbox one controller to pc

Hello SubieTY,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Initially, we need to pair the device to show up in the list while connected through Bluetooth. Check with the below mentioned steps and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 24, 2021
  4. xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...

Wireless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and back into game is temp fix

I played for about a year with no issues using a Bluetooth connected Xbox one controller on my PC, but within the last 3-4 months it has started giving me issues. Games start and play fine for a little while, but the then the controller will quit responding.
    I initially thought it was a driver problem and updated the controller driver, the Bluetooth driver, and checked Windows for systems updates. This did not correct the issue. I have found that if I ALT+Tab out of the game and then ALT+Tab back into the game
    the controller will start responding. Unfortunately this is only a temporary fix. There does not seem to be a set time frame that this will occur (may play hours before messing up, may play minutes).

This seems to be an issue across all platforms. Here are some of the games and platforms that I have experienced this with:

- Forza Horizon 3 (Microsoft Store Purchase)

- Bloodstained (Steam)

- The Golf Club 2019 (Steam)

- Just Cause 3 (Steam)

- A Plague Tale (Xbox Game Pass PC)

- HALO MasterChief Collection (Xbox Game Pass PC)

RenoHutchinson, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make...

1. xbox one controller PC bluetooth become unresponsive randomly i have to alt + tab to make... - Similar Threads - xbox controller bluetooth

2. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  3. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth: hi so my pc just stop recognizing my controller via bluetooth, the controller is fine, bluetooth is fine, i've tested them on my brother's pc and they're fine. i've tested my second controller on my pc and also fine.my pc won't recognize this specific controller. if i try to...
  4. XBOX One S Controller / PC / Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Xbox one controller becoming unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox one controller becoming unresponsive: I have an xbox one controller that's been giving me trouble 1708 wireless. When I connect it to my pc to play something on it, it frequently becomes unresponsive and will not accept any inputs whatever was held at the time it became responsive is continued until it becomes...
  6. Bluetooth disconnecting randomly (mostly Xbox one controller)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth disconnecting randomly (mostly Xbox one controller): Hi all, I just can’t find my exact same issue anywhere and am going crazy. My pc is disconnecting my Xbox controller randomly. Sometimes after 5 minutes sometimes 5 hours. Restarting Bluetooth doesn’t work (often doesn’t turn on again and even the bt keyboard stops working...
  7. xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth

xbox one controller not connecting to pc bluetooth: I have just got an xbox one controller, it says compatible with xbox one / s / x and windows 10 pc i have windows 10 pro 1909 x64 pc with belkin bluetooth adapter, now my pc connects to my nokia 5.3 android 10 phone, it also connects to my old nokia lumia 635 win 8.1...
  8. Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox one controller bluetooth pairing PC: I've read a few posts here and there doesn't seem to be a direct solution. I've never used an xbox one controller so I'm not sure how the controller interacts with the pc. I bought an xbox one controller yesterday to to Monster Hunter. The controller works fine when I plug it...
  9. WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIreless Xbox One controller becomes unresponsive while gaming on PC. ALT+Tab out of and...: I played for about a year with no issues using a Bluetooth connected Xbox one controller on my PC, but within the last 3-4 months it has started giving me issues. Games start and play fine for a little while, but the then the controller will quit responding. I initially...
  10. Xbox One S Controller Bluetooth randomly goes unresponsive

Xbox One S Controller Bluetooth randomly goes unresponsive: Hi, My problem is that randomly while using the controller, it suddenly stops responding to any input. However it remains connected because the Xbox logo does not blink as if searching. What's bizarre is that by going into the windows 10 Bluetooth setting window, it starts...